0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - This episode should have been left behind in a trashcan.
    0%

The Rory revel wasn't a shock. I've been prepared for it since I read the fan theory it was him a few weeks back. I loved all the LoA stuff, and I was gratified that Ra's really wasn't stupid. Plus, the story not only explained how/why Nyssa rescued Sara, but it also explained why Ra's hated Sara in the present. He knew Sara would leave Nyssa, breaking her heart and focus, because Sara had to leave in order to become the woman he had met in the past. Also, I now subscribe to the theory I've seen around that Little Talia Al Ghul grows up to become Ruve Darhk.

Comment

I needed something to bring me back out of the darkness that came about thanks to the damned leak photograph. This episode did just that. I'm doing this review here and not one of my 'more formal' reviews like I have because frankly, I have to be biased here.

Firstly, the Ray/Kendra storyline was handled decently, but I am not a fan of the whole, "Oh, I lost myself in what we had...." DIDN'T WE ALREADY GO THROUGH THIS ONCE? So that's an automatic point dock. Actually, two points because I am in no mood to be all fair about romantic BS.

Secondly: loved the LoA stuff. That actually earns back a point because not only was it nice to see that side of Sara again, but also to see Kendra break through to her and for her to clearly remember Laurel giving her the name White Canary (you can see it in Sara's expression). Also, the way Ra's spoke of Sara's torn heart (the ability to kill and the desire to show mercy) just had me thinking that maybe, just maybe, they are deciding to make her the Canary for Team Arrow again. Mainly because I don't see Sara not joining the team to honor her sister, especially when she knows Slade Wilson and his family will never stop. Also, I loved the way they handled Talia and Ra's, and showed the way Ra's smiled there at the end. It also lined up with my thoughts on why Ra's had problems with Sara. I wouldn't say he hated her, as Raissa put it, but he disapproved of Sara's relationship with Nyssa because he knew from experience that she would leave. I do wonder if he knew, once Sara had died, that she would be placed in the Pit at some point. Perhaps he even suspected it would be Oliver, as Ra's, who did so. It would explain why he used the Pit as a lure for Oliver with Thea.

Finally, I have to say that, like Raissa, it was not as surprising since there was the fan speculation. But I honestly had dismissed it, until they revealed Chronos/Mick had taken Snart. Then it was like, "Um, how are they getting so predictable?"

So, let's see.... a nice filler episode (and let's face it, it was a filler) with some unfortunate romantic BS but excellent action and more character development. It nets a solid 9/10. I think this is the first episode not to get a full 10, and if it wasn't for that horrible romantic aspect that copied lines from Arrow this season, I might've given it 10.

Comment

I'm not holding out any hope that Rory can be redeemed, so I've lost interest in him. Unfortunately, I think Ray Palmer is right behind him, because of the romantic drama with Kendra. And I've heard "ra's al ghoul" pronounced two different ways in the same episode; it's like nobody knows how to pronounce it correctly.

Comment

I was kinda bummed with the writing here. It just felt off.

they're combing too many types of time travel theories that can't possibly exist together.

If it's a predestination where Nissa is told to go save canary from the island due to time travel. That's fine.

But then you're gonna have rory trying to kill the person that is the reason he was taken by the time masters in the first place? And have his past self not be taken through time?

If everything that happened has happened then what are they trying to do in the first place. Can you change the future or can't you?

The Palmer tech already would've been found at that auction and changed the future we already saw. Not an alternate timeline like they make it out to be. Just like Nissa knew to be on that island when she was told to in our main timeline that happened on arrow.

And if you can go back in time to prevent that Palmer nano tech from being left behind and erase an alternate future. Why couldn't they go back those 2 years and pick up the team members left behind exactly where and when they left them?

Yes yes. CW. Comic book. Suspend disbelief. But I like these actors, Characters and showrunners too much to let that be the answer.

Someone please tell me I'm wrong here.

Comment

When it comes to the Palmer nano-tech: they were in the same year for the first 3 episodes, and only went to the Temporal Zone during that time, they didn't do another time jump. They didn't go back in time to stop the Palmer nano-tech from being re-engineered.

When it comes to the Mick/Chronos thing: Honestly, I think the Time Masters have become corrupted and they don't even realize it.

Comment

This episode is a perfect example of how romantic storylines are ruining shows like this (or Arrow or Supergirl). By all rights, this episode should have been the best episode of the season (yes, even better than Star City 2046). But the Ray/Kendra overload killed it. It's a romance that has no place on this show, it undermines the Hawks' connection and it just drags down each episode. I see a lot of people ship Sara and Snart. I hope to God LoT won't appease them as well. Although with Marc Guggenheim at the helm, I have my doubts.

Loved the revelation about Chronos. It helps explain a few things and, more importantly, it keeps Dominic Purcell around. Will be interesting to see what his relationship with the rest of the team is like from now on.

The LOA plot was decent and it was nice to see Matt Nable get another crack at the Ra's Al Ghul after Arrow ruined the character last season. My only issue is that the show still seems undecided about what to do with Sara. While most of the characters on this show have evolved and grown on this show, Sara just seems stuck on the whole "should I or shouldn't I kill" dilemma.

Comment

All the stuff with Sara and LoA was great -- Ra's "lives" -- and I'm interested in seeing if the team will be able to redeem Mick/Chronos. But it does seem that Sara hasn't taken all the lessons she's learned (both on Arrow and on LoT) to heart about not needing to be a killer to find meaning or identity. While she carries the most baggage being the most fully fleshed out character even before landing on the team ... at some point, she needs to either learn this lesson or not.

Again with the shipping melodrama. They just aren't going to let go of the Ray/Kendra nonsense. I think this was the ep they had hoped would "sell" it to us, with them living in artificial bliss for two years before Rip and crew found them again. I'm still not sold on it. Maybe there are LoT fans that are eating it all up Olicity-style, I'm not one of them. Either they have Jax step up to present himself as a rival, or Hawkman from some other timeline arrives to reunite with this destined love. Any way you cut it, it's a shipload of, umm, shipping.

We can count it as more proof of shipping nonsense like this hurting, more than helping, DCTV shows in this universe.

None of them seem to be immune at this point, I'm including SG and LoT here, they've committed the same sins -- it's not just an Arrow thing any longer.

Also, I now subscribe to the theory I've seen around that Little Talia Al Ghul grows up to become Ruve Darhk.
                I could roll with this if it unfolds that way. It would explain why Ruve seems more focused and ruthless than Damien. Maybe Ra's planned for him to be Heir to the Demon at one point and it didn't pan out and now it's up to Talia to fulfill her father's legacy by any means.

Nyssa may have dissolved the LoA ... but who's to say the League itself would even allow themselves to be dissolved even if Ra's Nyssa wished it. Maybe to unite under Talia's banner?

Comment

I did have a question about Mick in this episode. We already know that Chronos aka Mick tried to kill the team in earlier episodes. Which means Mick tried to kill his younger self (who was among the team). Why would he do that? Wouldn't killing his younger self kill him as well?

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                    I did have a question about Mick in this episode. We already know that Chronos aka Mick tried to kill the team in earlier episodes. Which means Mick tried to kill his younger self (who was among the team). Why would he do that? Wouldn't killing his younger self kill him as well?
                    Yrah that's kinda tjr thing. Even if you argue he knew not yo harm.himself..if he did anything at all to the ship or any of them he never would've got.left to be take and become how he now is in thr first place.

Comment

I do think that CW seems to have an addiction with shipping people together.... maybe we should send whoever is in charge of shipping to rehab?

Honestly, they should really just leave the shipping to fans and fanfiction. That way everyone can ship whoever they want, that's supposed to be the fun part. But CW is sorta ruining that for us.

Comment

I just had some thoughts...

The Lazarus Pit is a time machine. Ra's traveled very slowly in one direction for nigh on 200 years. Using some combination of the Lazarus water he stole and other magic so has Darhk. The difference is that DD "time traveled" outside the LoA which allowed for a variation of "time drift." As a result, DD is more a part of current society relatively speaking (language, culture, pop culture). Meanwhile, Ra's stayed rooted and didn't "lose" himself to anything like the same degree. An unfortunate side effect, however, is Ra's had to have his minions tote those blessed portable fire pits everywhere, so he always had a tangible manifesto of the traditions he clung to to maintain his identity.

Comment

Originally posted by protege
                          I'm not holding out any hope that Rory can be redeemed, so I've lost interest in him. Unfortunately, I think Ray Palmer is right behind him, because of the romantic drama with Kendra. And I've heard "ra's al ghoul" pronounced two different ways in the same episode; it's like nobody knows how to pronounce it correctly.
                          I remember Marc Guggenheim mentioning that LoA members do pronounce it differently from those who aren't members of the LoA. But it bugs me too.

Comment

I kinda find it a little disturbing that Darhk, a centuries old man would go for a woman younger then him. And considering it was the 50's, wouldn't she likely be a lot older then what she currently is on the show? Or would his stolen Lazarus waters deter that pretty much? I loved what happened on this episode and I honestly wasn't expecting Mick to be Chronus so that was a nice twist. So when Sara left the League back in season 2, that was likely more Nyssa's doing that sent the League members after her rather then Ra's'. Then again I might be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                              Maybe that's what he wanted though? To not be left behind and not become Chronos.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎