Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Beacon of Hope?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

The thing that made the least sense, possibly in the entire series to date, is how on earth could Oliver Queen not know that there were Harry Potter movies? He wasn't away for that long.

Comment

No Carrie Cutter this week, so I will give it a pass. What I understood from your reviews is that Lances' scenes were good. Now you know what it means in show like "Arrow" when they try to make a character sympathetic and likeable... And give him or her a bit bigger part after neglecting through all season...

(btw. the episode with Bug-Eyed Bandit was the definietely the worst episode of "Flash" an I don't want to see her again)

Comment

As much as I like Emily K. as an actress, Bug-Eyed Bandit is one of the cheesiest villains they've had in the entire DCTV universe (and I think they know it!). I'm sure she loves playing Brie, as it's the polar opposite of what she had to do as TWD's Beth but -- yeah, she's a villain that doesn't make a good transition from comics to TV.

Brie talking about bees dying globally (a real and worrisome thing) as her motivation, they just threw that in there to make her seem less cheesy. Hard to do when she was flinging bee puns around the way Ollie shoots arrows. I thought the bee plot was horribly and deliciously cheesy, and unapologetically so. Seeing Quentin and Curtis dodging bees was all sorts of hilarious.

We can't forget her full-court press punishment on Ollie -- she filled him with bees!

And somewhere down the line, he's going to pass them out.

For the sake of continuity, I want Quentin to bring that up, on-screen. He needs to. It will be all worth it if he does!

"Quentin: So, Ollie -- did you crap out what's left of those bees yet? It's been a week.

Ollie: Remember the day I went for Tex-Mex and we had to get the plumbing fixed the other day upstairs in the campaign office bathroom? Mission complete.

Quentin: I wish I didn't ask."

But we had our campy fun, no need to see her again on Arrow. Arrow should remain the least campy of the bunch, shared DCTV universe or not.

Brie seems to fit better in the Flash universe or SG, where FOTW's are more tolerable and the tone of their series are more cheese-tolerant. On Arrow? I'm hoping it's one-and-done for Brie Larvin. And if you're a Flash viewer, we've already seen her twice.

Comment

Originally posted by Quark
          The thing that made the least sense, possibly in the entire series to date, is how on earth could Oliver Queen not know that there were Harry Potter movies? He wasn't away for that long.
          I know the first movie was in 2000 or 2001. Oliver didn't go on the Queen's Gambit until 2007.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎