Archangel Metatron.....

I was rewatching A Little Slice of Kevin (love TNT and their neverending Supernatural episodes LOL) and Kevin read on the demon tablet that the sidebars were from the "Archangel Metatron." I honestly never heard this before and I don't recall seeing a discussion of this, so forgive me if this has already been gone over...

So if Amara was defeated by archangels and God before, and we had been saying that all the archangels are dead, except for Lucifer, then Metatron obviously needs to get his angel wings again and join forces....which brings up all kinds of other "stories."

Thoughts?

he's not an Archangel

Michael isn't dead

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by taftvalue View Post
    he's not an Archangel

Michael isn't dead
    Correct. I'm not even sure Metatron is a seraph ranked angel like Cas, honestly I think he's just an average "grunt" angel who happened to be lucky enough to be selected as God's scribe.

Also correct in saying Michael aint dead. He's currently locked up in Lucifer's old cage. Now we got that bit of Lucifer saying that his brother had "lost it" because prison life didn't agree with him, but who knows if he was lying? He is Lucifer after all.

The only Archangel we know to be dead for sure is Raphael. And if God ever comes into the picture before I lose interest, he could always bring back any dead Archangels if need be (he did for Cas after all and he's only a seraph rank).

Basically it's what ever the show's writers decide on what characters are worthy enough to bring in for the actual end game for supernatural, if it ever comes before season 20. By then I'll have moved on and officially labeled this "Smallville 2".

Go back and watch the scene with Kevin and Crowley in A Little Slice of Kevin after Crowley cuts off his finger, when he's blowing the pinwheel? Kevin clearly says Archangel Metatron.....

Raphael and Gabriel are for all intents and purposes dead, and probably in this Void. Lucifer is walking around in Cas, and Michael is locked away in the Cage probably crying in a corner, so could be ineffective at best.

Of course, they could explain it away by saying Metatron was puffing himself up by proclaiming himself an archangel, but it's there. Plot hole? Maybe.....but they did put it out there.

Forum Whiz
    This was actually the first time that I started to feel that the writers weren't on the same page when it came to the direction of what was going to happen next on the show. In lore Metatron is an archangel without question but on this show it seems like God may have elevated Metatron to Arch Angel in name only? Or maybe Metatron did it due to his inflated ego being God's scribe? Anyways, it is and always has been one of the many inconsistencies on this show since the end of season 7 that will probably NEVER be touched upon. And that's frustrating...