Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Brothers Jones?"

What did you think?

I gave it a 6.

It flowed a little better than last week, but—once again—they end up no closer to defeating Hades, which I found frustrating.

I do like Henry's arc, though, and it was nice to see Emma use her magic (and not be fooled by Liam).

I rolled my eyes when I saw Zelena's face on the missing pages. I really don't care how she fits into any of it.

On another note, have they completely forgotten that Hook still has a half-brother—also named Liam—living in the EF?
    10 - Loved it!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Hated it!
    0%

I liked this episode. I'm glad Henry is going to use the power of being the author wisely, but it could be so tempting to do otherwise. As he sees horrible things happen to those he loves, I don't know how you stop yourself from interfering when you have that kind of power.

I'm still wondering why Hades made purgatory a dark version of Storybook and hope we get an answer soon.

I'll hold off being critical of them bringing in Zelena into the mix with Hades but, my first reaction was shaking my head "no".

Liked Hook's storyline and gave more depth to his character.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
      I liked this episode. I'm glad Henry is going to use the power of being the author wisely, but it could be so tempting to do otherwise.
      I'm glad they sort of addressed him always being on the sidelines. I was a little confused by what Henry meant when he said he was going to just "record" the stories, starting with Hades. If Henry (and the others) know nothing about who he is, what is there to record and how would it help them? Unless he meant that he was literally going to write Hades out of the Underworld and literally start his "story" over so he was no longer a threat?

I'll hold off being critical of them bringing in Zelena into the mix with Hades but, my first reaction was shaking my head "no".
      Maybe I just don't like the character because she meddled with Robin/Regina. I want to like her, though, because The Wizard of Oz was one of my favorite musical films when I was a kid and the Wicked Witch was my favorite character. I just don't like the way she's written for Once a lot of the time.

Another thing that irked me that I forgot to mention: Emma knew Liam had torn the pages out. She saw him standing in front of the well, but it didn't occur to her that he disposed the pages there?

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
        I'm glad they sort of addressed him always being on the sidelines. I was a little confused by what Henry meant when he said he was going to just "record" the stories, starting with Hades. If Henry (and the others) know nothing about who he is, what is there to record and how would it help them? Unless he meant that he was literally going to write Hades out of the Underworld and literally start his "story" over so he was no longer a threat?
        Initially, I always saw Henry as a beacon to push both mothers forward in a positive direction. I don't think he ever was that for Rumple. So I never viewed his role as being on the sidelines but I can understand why he and others would feel that way. I feel the person on the sidelines the most is Snow.

In regards to recording Hades's life, I don't know if that meant going forward he will record everything Hades will do or by being the author, he can write the missing pages. But, with that much power, I still don't know how someone wouldn't want to intervene especially if it meant saving someone's life. I think it would be better to make the author a person who has not family or ties that would compromise their mission.

Maybe I just don't like the character because she meddled with Robin/Regina. I want to like her, though, because The Wizard of Oz was one of my favorite musical films when I was a kid and the Wicked Witch was my favorite character. I just don't like the way she's written for Once a lot of the time.

Another thing that irked me that I forgot to mention: Emma knew Liam had torn the pages out. She saw him standing in front of the well, but it didn't occur to her that he disposed the pages there?
        I'm not a fan of Zelena and don't like that she had Robin's baby. A storyline I could have done without. Hopefully, her storyline will be entertaining and they keep her evil.

I figured they knew that throwing the pages in the well sent them directly to Hades so they were already gone.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelyGal
          In regards to recording Hades's life, I don't know if that meant going forward he will record everything Hades will do or by being the author, he can write the missing pages.
          I guess we'll have to see what happens.

I'd rather the quill restore the missing pages than have Henry "re-author" Hades' story.

Perhaps the quill can "sense" missing pages and restore them automatically. That's what I'm hoping, anyway, because encouraging Henry to "author" a character out just because he's causing problems for everybody seems no different than what Issac was doing, which The Apprentice said was a misuse of power.

I'm not a fan of Zelena and don't like that she had Robin's baby. A storyline I could have done without. Hopefully, her storyline will be entertaining and they keep her evil.
          I read a recap article for the episode last night. Someone mentioned the idea that Hades might've met Zelena after she was sent back in time and gotten her pregnant before she took Marian's place and was brought forward in time. In other words, the "secret" would be that the child is actually Hades/Zelena's, not Robin's.

I have to say, I like the idea... It may not pan out, though.

I figured they knew that throwing the pages in the well sent them directly to Hades so they were already gone.
          Oh, I hadn't thought of that. It makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Aries83
            I guess we'll have to see what happens.

I'd rather the quill restore the missing pages than have Henry "re-author" Hades' story.

Perhaps the quill can "sense" missing pages and restore them automatically. That's what I'm hoping, anyway, because encouraging Henry to "author" a character out just because he's causing problems for everybody seems no different than what Issac was doing, which The Apprentice said was a misuse of power.
            That would my preference as well that the quill can restore missing pages; do not want to see Henry re-writing people's stories. Not meaning to be a broken record, if one of his mothers dies or someone else he cares about, it would be so hard not to re-write their ending. I think Henry made the right choice the first time around and broke the quill. I think he should leave the quill in purgatory.

I read a recap article for the episode last night. Someone mentioned the idea that Hades might've met Zelena after she was sent back in time and gotten her pregnant before she took Marian's place and was brought forward in time. In other words, the "secret" would be that the child is actually Hades/Zelena's, not Robin's.

I have to say, I like the idea... It may not pan out, though.
            I would love it if the baby turned out to be anyone's but Robin's. If that is the case, Zelena just gave birth to a demi-god.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎