Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Safe House"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Safe House"?

So the kid is hearing noises and the mom is married to a woman? Nice to see that on the show.

The nosy neighbor lady grousing about how rude Bobby and Rufus were. And Sam referring to them as “elder statesmen”. Cute.

Riggs and Murtaugh? How did they get away with those names? Though I do like the continuity because Rufus has used the Murtaugh alias before.

Rufus was rude! But funny.
    Bobby: “Were you ever nice?”
    Rufus: “1985. Worse year of my life.”
    LOL

The boys getting the same hotel room (though I do find it odd that the clerk remembered the FBI guys from before). Loved Bobby’s easier way to dig the grave.

So this episode (the flashbacks, anyway) seems to be set during season 4. With Lilith still being alive and all. The mentions of the Apocalypse had me thinking season 5 but again, they mentioned Lilith so it had to be 4.

Mom in coma now too.

It’s not a ghost or a Baku, it’s a soul eater? And the MOL knew how to kill them. You’d think they would pass such information along to hunters but apparently not (I know, they went defunct before they could do much interaction but still).

Dean calling “not it” when they were deciding who was gonna go inside. And the rock, paper, scissors contest. Seems Dean’s winning streak is over.

Bobby saw Sam and Dean dead in the Soul Eater’s realm.

The parallels of Bobby vs. Rufus as well as Sam vs. Dean.

Dean seeing Bobby in the S.E.’s realm and vice versa. I was wondering if that would happen.

Bobby getting the Jonny Walker bottle (nice tie in to when Sam and Jodi found it in a previous episode and wondered what Bobby’s bet with Rufus had been).

Dean calling Bobby (in the past).

Sam: “How messed up are our lives that you seeing a vision of dead!me is kinda comforting?”

And the same song playing on the radio for both as they drive away.

I really enjoyed this episode a lot. The parallels between the cases were interesting and I loved the camera work/directing and how we went back and forth between them. The MOTW was a good case and it was also rather emotional. Also, lots of funny quips in this one and both Jim and Steven were great in reprising their roles. Hadn’t realized how much I had missed Bobby (and Rufus) until watching this ep.

Just a wonderful episode all around, IMO.
    10--Excellent!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--Terrible
    0%

Originally posted by Welling_is_pretty
    So the kid is hearing noises and the mom is married to a woman? Nice to see that on the show.

The nosy neighbor lady grousing about how rude Bobby and Rufus were. And Sam referring to them as “elder statesmen”. Cute.

Riggs and Murtaugh? How did they get away with those names? Though I do like the continuity because Rufus has used the Murtaugh alias before.

Rufus was rude! But funny.
    Bobby: “Were you ever nice?”
    Rufus: “1985. Worse year of my life.”
    LOL

The boys getting the same hotel room (though I do find it odd that the clerk remembered the FBI guys from before). Loved Bobby’s easier way to dig the grave.

So this episode (the flashbacks, anyway) seems to be set during season 4. With Lilith still being alive and all. The mentions of the Apocalypse had me thinking season 5 but again, they mentioned Lilith so it had to be 4.

Mom in coma now too.

It’s not a ghost or a Baku, it’s a soul eater? And the MOL knew how to kill them. You’d think they would pass such information along to hunters but apparently not (I know, they went defunct before they could do much interaction but still).

Dean calling “not it” when they were deciding who was gonna go inside. And the rock, paper, scissors contest. Seems Dean’s winning streak is over.

Bobby saw Sam and Dean dead in the Soul Eater’s realm.

The parallels of Bobby vs. Rufus as well as Sam vs. Dean.

Dean seeing Bobby in the S.E.’s realm and vice versa. I was wondering if that would happen.

Bobby getting the Jonny Walker bottle (nice tie in to when Sam and Jodi found it in a previous episode and wondered what Bobby’s bet with Rufus had been).

Dean calling Bobby (in the past).

Sam: “How messed up are our lives that you seeing a vision of dead!me is kinda comforting?”

And the same song playing on the radio for both as they drive away.

I really enjoyed this episode a lot. The parallels between the cases were interesting and I loved the camera work/directing and how we went back and forth between them. The MOTW was a good case and it was also rather emotional. Also, lots of funny quips in this one and both Jim and Steven were great in reprising their roles. Hadn’t realized how much I had missed Bobby (and Rufus) until watching this ep.

Just a wonderful episode all around, IMO.
    Completely agree with you! It was a really nice episode even if it didn't tie into the main story arc too much. It was great seeing some of our favourite characters again! I'm looking forward to seeing the show get back on track and dealing with Amara and Lucifer. Hopefully the next 7 episodes set up the final run of this story nicely and we get a satisfying finale.

Comment

Filler, but a good one.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎