0 0%

3 15.79%

0 0%

0 0%
  • 1 - It breaks my heart how bad Arrow has gotten

6 31.58%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gintoki View Post
    Cupid is a **** villain , and Felicity just saved the day by talking some cringey crap about love.

I miss bad ass villains like Huntress.
    You can't apply logic/logic behavior to someone, who is mentally unstable to put it mildly. Cupid is totally different in every episode she was in as she should be.

You don't get into brawl with a psychopath holding a hostage - you negotiate with him or her. As well as with someone who wants to commit suicide.

I really didn't like Helena when I watched first episodes with her, but I appreciated how much the actress improved over the time (1x17 comes to mind) and liked two others episodes with her. I totally agree that she should be back.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by Amarice View Post
    An interview with Amy Gumenick: http://uk.ign.com/articles/2016/03/2...e-story-impact

Heh, I wonder why people react so negatively on Cupid. It's because mental heath issues are too disturbing to watch in the show like "Arrow" or what?
    I don't think Arrow knows how to write mental health issues, hence the writing coming off terribly this episode for that plot. The actress is good, it's just the writing that lets her down.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    I don't think Arrow knows how to write mental health issues, hence the writing coming off terribly this episode for that plot. The actress is good, it's just the writing that lets her down.
    *snorts* That's for sure. Oliver retains his PTSD nature throughout Season 3, yet five months in Olicity Bliss somehow magically cures him... yet its obvious from the beginning of the season he hasn't done therapy or anything.

Unfortunately there was like five or six minutes with her, because Olicity drama was more important. Not like I didn't see it coming (like everyone else, who read the episode's description). Pity because I would be interested to learn more about the main villain in that episode, what drives her etc.

Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    *snorts* That's for sure. Oliver retains his PTSD nature throughout Season 3, yet five months in Olicity Bliss somehow magically cures him... yet its obvious from the beginning of the season he hasn't done therapy or anything.
    He talked with Doctor Pressnall for 1:24 and later said to Dig that there is a reason why is not on the therapy (lol), so I guess in showrunners' imagination that was enough.

Oliver's PTSD magically disappearing is really very poor writing. In reality he wouldn't be able to function eventually, given the burden he had to bear...

Posting Pro
    Ok so something, I just thought of.

We now know the totem Reiter found is the same one Darhk used until Vixen smashed it. Now if Oliver's tattoo's allow him to be unaffected by the magic shown in 4x15 so then why did Oliver get his life force drained out of him in the present day by Darhk, if he still has those tattoo's?

Also a while back Wendy Mericle said that Its going to help Oliver when hes in a very dark place and time when he has no other way out. Its going to be the thing that pulls him out of a very dark spot and literally saves him. and the mysticism that Reiter is practicing may or may not sync up with what Damien Darhkis doing,

So do you think the tattoo has served it's purpose after 1x15 or is there something else upcoming?

The show has never mentioned this, but I've always wondered if Oliver's tattoo is what helped him survive the fight with Ra's and the subsequent fall (besides penicillin tea of course ).

I'm probably wrong though.

This episode was about what I was expecting. If I didn't know better, I'd say that they were trying to give Oliciters a wedding while also putting a final end to the relationship. (Of course, I know that they'll circle back around to it, but oh well) The wedding and break up drama was kind of meh, and Felicity came across as downright cruel with the way she was behaving towards Oliver, considering she was the one who left.

The highlight/saving grace of the episode was definitely the courtroom scenes and the Quentin/Laurel interactions. I'm glad that it wasn't treated as the actual trial, because it usually takes awhile for a case like that to go to trial. And it was just interesting to see a supervillain prosecuted for a change.

Cupid was also enjoyable, for what little we saw of her. I did like that she was quoting Deadshot though like everyone else, I wish that they would dive a little deeper into her psychology and not suck so much at dealing with mental illness. (Others have already brought up the way Oliver's PTSD was swept away, and the way they handled Laurel's alcoholism was a little better but still showed that they don't really get how to deal with serious mental health issues)

Watched the 3 Cupid scenes (almost gagged during the 3rd scene), watched Laurel and Quentin and watched the ending Arrowcave scene. Wow... "I can be something different" or some such "romantic" bs about a girl "fixing" a guy just like in the cheap drugstore romance novel fantasies and then Felicity actually stating what I've been saying all along that Oliver never changed and will never change. Still not a good enough episode for me to actually rate and I would've done better without watching but Laurel and Quentin did a decent job of compensating the time I lost.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamsofnever View Post
    This episode was about what I was expecting. If I didn't know better, I'd say that they were trying to give Oliciters a wedding while also putting a final end to the relationship. (Of course, I know that they'll circle back around to it, but oh well) The wedding and break up drama was kind of meh, and Felicity came across as downright cruel with the way she was behaving towards Oliver, considering she was the one who left.

The highlight/saving grace of the episode was definitely the courtroom scenes and the Quentin/Laurel interactions. I'm glad that it wasn't treated as the actual trial, because it usually takes awhile for a case like that to go to trial. And it was just interesting to see a supervillain prosecuted for a change.

Cupid was also enjoyable, for what little we saw of her. I did like that she was quoting Deadshot though like everyone else, I wish that they would dive a little deeper into her psychology and not suck so much at dealing with mental illness. (Others have already brought up the way Oliver's PTSD was swept away, and the way they handled Laurel's alcoholism was a little better but still showed that they don't really get how to deal with serious mental health issues)
    Felt sorry for Oliver when Felicity was snarling at him, but for most part I must say I liked that she reacts like a "real" person - I mean gets angry, realizes that was living in some delusion and that he WON'T change and that she won't be able to change him. Of course they will be together before the end of the season, and I don't really know how the situation with William played out exactly, because I didn't watch episodes with that plot. Most of those scenes with Olicity drama were indifferent for me, watchable because I expected exactly something like that.

It's only a show, but thinking about Lances and the fact that one of them will very soon die makes me sad. They really share such an amazing dynamics.

This episode would be much better if Carrie was a central focus. There was really like 5 minutes with her (I haven't count it yet though) - not enough. Overall it turns out again that a actress portraying a minor character gives much stronger and memorable performance that some of the regulars.

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleDevil View Post
    Watched the 3 Cupid scenes (almost gagged during the 3rd scene)
    Since you're an archer as well you probably "enjoyed" the scene with that shooting two arrows in two different direction as much as I. I wonder what they were thinking, when they put a crap like this (not thinking at all probably). How they think that could work? How to place those arrows? How to shoot them?

I liked the best the second scene, when she again kicked Oliver's ass and said very important thing "You're not him" addressing the fact that he is pretending to be the Arrow. And it's true. Oliver has nothing in common with who the Arrow was.

And this is my main problem, both with season 4 and the portrayal of Oliver in that episode. Seriously, although watching it was not too "painful" for me, because I easily predicted how it will play out (as most of the users here I guess, since we know how they are writing this show now and what is the top of his skills ). No, the worst part for me was the fact that Oliver who they showed here has NOTHING to do with Oliver I got to like as a complicated, troubled and flawed character, who wants to be better, from season 1 & 2. So his main objective is now getting married, right? Not saving the city. Not helping people. Not being a vigilante hero.

Since the show currently dares to not share my headcanon regarding Oliver in 95% I'm going back to my break from watching. Sadly, it's Oliver Queen the Arrow lying in that grave, replaced by a clone called Sagitta domesticata.

Forum Whiz
    Unfortunately there was like five or six minutes with her, because Olicity drama was more important. Not like I didn't see it coming (like everyone else, who read the episode's description). Pity because I would be interested to learn more about the main villain in that episode, what drives her etc.
    I guess the writers like to stick to what there good at. Not that what there good at is especially good .

I guess the writers like to stick to what there good at. Not that what there good at is especially good .
    Yeah, I suppose that doing some research about mental illnesses & disorders would be just too difficult/exhausting.

The same goes to archery and that stupid scene with shooting two arrows at once. x_x So, I'm supposed to care about those poor Random People killed by Cupid while my reaction was something in between: , and .

Posting Pro
    Yeah, I suppose that doing some research about mental illnesses & disorders would be just too difficult/exhausting.

The same goes to archery and that stupid scene with shooting two arrows at once. x_x So, I'm supposed to care about those poor Random People killed by Cupid while my reaction was something in between: , and .
    Doing research period seems to be anathema to them. After all, that scene in 3x09 where they're confirming the blood sample of the person who killed Sara was too close a match to Oliver for it to be a half-sibling...

Now, after some consideration, I've realized my review was more out of shock at the surprisingly mature (by CW standards) way they handled the break-up aspect of the episode, combined with Laurel actually getting more than 2 minutes of screen time as a lawyer and the mentions of Oliver's computer skills.

Since you're an archer as well you probably "enjoyed" the scene with that shooting two arrows in two different direction as much as I. I wonder what they were thinking, when they put a crap like this (not thinking at all probably). How they think that could work? How to place those arrows? How to shoot them?

I liked the best the second scene, when she again kicked Oliver's ass and said very important thing "You're not him" addressing the fact that he is pretending to be the Arrow. And it's true. Oliver has nothing in common with who the Arrow was.

And this is my main problem, both with season 4 and the portrayal of Oliver in that episode. Seriously, although watching it was not too "painful" for me, because I easily predicted how it will play out (as most of the users here I guess, since we know how they are writing this show now and what is the top of his skills ). No, the worst part for me was the fact that Oliver who they showed here has NOTHING to do with Oliver I got to like as a complicated, troubled and flawed character, who wants to be better, from season 1 & 2. So his main objective is now getting married, right? Not saving the city. Not helping people. Not being a vigilante hero.

Since the show currently dares to not share my headcanon regarding Oliver in 95% I'm going back to my break from watching. Sadly, it's Oliver Queen the Arrow lying in that grave, replaced by a clone called Sagitta domesticata.
    I think they tried pulling a trick from Kevin Costner's Robin Hood where he shot two arrows at the same time hitting different targets. The difference is that Kevin Costner took 1 vain off of at least one arrow and the targets were further than 5 feet away, made it at least SEEM like it might work. What Arrow did was absolutely pitiful, that type of crap was so far fetched BS that only somebody with absolutely delusional ideas about archery could believe it would work. I haven't seen decent archery on this show since season 2. I was already complaining about the team figuring out the height of the archer that killed Sara without taking into account that Thea may have been in a crouch or another non standard shooting position so that this was just the pinnacle of absurdity for me.
    Last edited by DoubleDevil; 03-26-2016 at 02:52 PM.

Posting Pro
    So, I saw this on Twitter but I kinda forgot about it. Apparently the writers for this episode, it was the first episode they wrote and received credit for... Maybe that's why it was so different from the others.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast