No announcement yet.

#2.13 "A Cold Day in Hell's Kitchen"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #2.13 "A Cold Day in Hell's Kitchen"

How was the 2nd season finale? What did everyone think?

OMG! As close to a 10 as I've seen for a VERY long time in a finale. Got just about everything I wanted to see complete with a great final battle.

Comment

Pretty great. I can't give it a perfect 10, mainly because there were a lot of moving parts that I don't think came together perfectly in the end. The main threat was a little too existential and there was a much easier solution to the problem that I don't think occurred to the writers and it took me out of the story a bit.

That said, this was powerful stuff. I was unsure of Bernthal, but he was excellent. Elodie Yung wasn't the same kind of homerun as Elektra (for me), but she did a nice job in the finale and some of the other bigger moments and Charlie Cox carried her the rest of the way.

I liked how they broached the idea of killing vs. not and how they DIDN'T wrap it up in a neat little bow at the end. It was like a great debate, where no one really changes their mind, but each side comes out of it respecting the other. It was more mature than something you might find on Agents of SHIELD or in the MCU, which isn't a criticism of those other two mediums, but is a welcome change of pace.

They've obviously banked on a third season with that ending, but I'm hoping Netflix makes more of a commitment than that and gives them a multi-season renewal. This show totally deserves it.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
        Pretty great. I can't give it a perfect 10, mainly because there were a lot of moving parts that I don't think came together perfectly in the end. The main threat was a little too existential and there was a much easier solution to the problem that I don't think occurred to the writers and it took me out of the story a bit.

That said, this was powerful stuff. I was unsure of Bernthal, but he was excellent. Elodie Yung wasn't the same kind of homerun as Elektra (for me), but she did a nice job in the finale and some of the other bigger moments and Charlie Cox carried her the rest of the way.

I liked how they broached the idea of killing vs. not and how they DIDN'T wrap it up in a neat little bow at the end. It was like a great debate, where no one really changes their mind, but each side comes out of it respecting the other. It was more mature than something you might find on Agents of SHIELD or in the MCU, which isn't a criticism of those other two mediums, but is a welcome change of pace.

They've obviously banked on a third season with that ending, but I'm hoping Netflix makes more of a commitment than that and gives them a multi-season renewal. This show totally deserves it.
        Yes there were issues with the finale, I wasn't completely convinced with Elodie's performance in the final fight for example.

Bernthal has claimed the role of Punisher as his own. I wasn't thrilled with Elektra being the Black Sky but Elodie made it work. I liked the open endedness of the finale and I'm thinking the Hand/the Rising is a lead in for a Shadowland type story for the Defenders more than a season 3 arc.

Comment

Having finished the second season earlier tonight I'm pretty much convinced we need the creative team on Arrow cause holy damn did I enjoy this season.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎