Forum Whiz

Season 12 is a go. I repeat, season 12 is a go!

http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/665559-cw-renewals

I think they will finally be coming in for a landing next year myself and I wouldn't look for the Amara plotline to be finished by the end of season 11.

So here we are. I am looking forward to it as long as the quality is as it has been this season.

Posting Pro
    *cough* money hungry *cough*

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by waynedeath1047 View Post
    http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/665559-cw-renewals

I think they will finally be coming in for a landing next year myself and I wouldn't look for the Amara plotline to be finished by the end of season 11.

So here we are. I am looking forward to it as long as the quality is as it has been this season.
    Supernatural is starting to end up like Smallville, and not in a good way. It SHOULD end this season, but instead they want to drag it out even further by exploiting God's artifacts/weapons.

Heck I still say the show should've ended season 8 with Sam slamming the gates of hell while sacrificing himself, thus killing off all demons (including crowly, I think a death that happens completely outside his control would be fitting), and Cas slamming the gates of heaven behind him so he could fix it. Then Dean could've went on to live a normal life.

But no, they had to milk it for an unnecessary 3, now 4, additional seasons. I'm seriously considering dropping the show after this season because clearly, the writers can't make up their minds of how they actually want to end it.

By the way, Amara's already had two seasons. You had the mark of cain for season 10, and then season 11. 3 seasons for her is overkill.

Amara as a character, the sister of God, is only new this season. Sure, the Mark of Cain was last season as well, but I have no problem with plots and characters lasting multiple seasons, and skipping seasons like we now have with Lucifer, which to be honest I am enjoying immensely. Misha is doing a stellar job at channeling Mark Pellegrino through Cas. I do hope we see Mark again once he gets kicked to the curb. And I can see Mark Sheppard will get humbled after his time with Lucifer, but a humbled Crowley is a dangerous (and wildly entertaining) Crowley.

I kind of hope season 12 is the last, but I am so much in love with this show and the characters, and if they continue pulling these awesome stories out (like with MoL, Cain, and God's sister) I'm all in for it to go on forever.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Not too surprised by this news. The show is still doing quite well in the ratings and the guys have said they would keep going as long as fans want it to happen.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Welling_is_pretty View Post
    Not too surprised by this news. The show is still doing quite well in the ratings and the guys have said they would keep going as long as fans want it to happen.
    At this point I'm wondering how many of the fans actually want it to continue compared to how many are still watching it as we've been a part of the show for so long.

1000 More To Go!! Welling_is_pretty's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipzo View Post
    At this point I'm wondering how many of the fans actually want it to continue compared to how many are still watching it as we've been a part of the show for so long.
    I don't know. A lot of fans feel that Season 11 has been the best in years, so it could be that fans genuinely do want more (at least, if it continues in the Season 11 vein).
    Last edited by Welling_is_pretty; 03-19-2016 at 09:51 AM. Reason: mispelled a word

the last few episodes were horrible

Forum Whiz
    I am one of those fans that think this season has been the best since season 8 in my opinion. And I am also not one of those people who wish the show would have ended after season 5 and here is why. I honestly think that the writers have some good broad strokes when it comes to things. I thought the purgatory storyline and Cas becoming God has great potential. What is unfortunate about these writers is they undercut their own potential too much in order to satisfy a format that no one really cares about so their broad strokes have take zig zags constantly and it's to the detriment of the narrative.

I can understand if there are some people put there who still like the monster of the week episodes. But we don't need to see another Ghost, Vampire, Werewolf, Shifter, etc etc story at this point. Those stories have been told. The exception to this rule is in stories like "Baby" in which the monsters are actively trying to defend themselves in the ongoing narrative. If the filler stories were focused on that much like they were in season 4 and season 5 it wouldn't be so hard to take them in. But the constant diversion from what is actually important in the overarching narrative is pointless, petty, and baseless. All it does is give writers a job. Nothing more. I wonder how the writers actually feel in the room on this show when they pull the "filler" episode card. Do they purposely write away from the plot or are they mandated to? If I ever get to go to a Q & A with these guys I am definitely going to ask.

Anyways, back to my original point. This series has a wealth of canon and material to move forward. I just wish that it was payed attention to a bit more closely. If it were this series could go even more than 12 seasons. But it is what it is. I personally think that unless they have a good way to push past season 12 Amara, God, and Lucifer are the endgame for this shows universe.

Anyways, we are almost back to normal. To a good ending of a great season everyone! Cheers!

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by waynedeath1047 View Post
    I am one of those fans that think this season has been the best since season 8 in my opinion. And I am also not one of those people who wish the show would have ended after season 5 and here is why. I honestly think that the writers have some good broad strokes when it comes to things. I thought the purgatory storyline and Cas becoming God has great potential. What is unfortunate about these writers is they undercut their own potential too much in order to satisfy a format that no one really cares about so their broad strokes have take zig zags constantly and it's to the detriment of the narrative.

I can understand if there are some people put there who still like the monster of the week episodes. But we don't need to see another Ghost, Vampire, Werewolf, Shifter, etc etc story at this point. Those stories have been told. The exception to this rule is in stories like "Baby" in which the monsters are actively trying to defend themselves in the ongoing narrative. If the filler stories were focused on that much like they were in season 4 and season 5 it wouldn't be so hard to take them in. But the constant diversion from what is actually important in the overarching narrative is pointless, petty, and baseless. All it does is give writers a job. Nothing more. I wonder how the writers actually feel in the room on this show when they pull the "filler" episode card. Do they purposely write away from the plot or are they mandated to? If I ever get to go to a Q & A with these guys I am definitely going to ask.

Anyways, back to my original point. This series has a wealth of canon and material to move forward. I just wish that it was payed attention to a bit more closely. If it were this series could go even more than 12 seasons. But it is what it is. I personally think that unless they have a good way to push past season 12 Amara, God, and Lucifer are the endgame for this shows universe.

Anyways, we are almost back to normal. To a good ending of a great season everyone! Cheers!
    Dude, every series has it's fair share of filler episodes. You won't be able to avoid that, and I doubt the writers had a choice in this matter. They have anywear from 20-22 episodes PER SEASON to write, do you have any idea how HARD that is to write that many episodes if some of them weren't filler?

My only problem with season 11 itself is that they've pretty much side stepped all of Dean's misdeeds and sins while possessed by the mark. I would've liked to see an episode or two with Dean attempting to make amends for everyone he hurt, including sam. But instead the only thing close to discussing the mark itself is when ever dean frets that the mark bonded him to the darkness forever.

Which is why again why I say that season 10 was a waste. This show is smalliville-ing itself in a hurry. Not good.

According to some posts I have been seeing, Jared and Jensen, Misha and Mark, are committed both contractually and emotionally to a Season 13...Pedowitz is a huge fan....so as long as it's making money, it's going on for another few years.

I think there is life after God and I think the writers are doing a bang-up job this season. Even the fillers moved the plot along and reminded us why the Winchesters are doing what they do best. I have no complaint at all (unlike past seasons). There are SO many plot holes to fill (and we are getting some of them filled next week apparently) and characters to focus on...I want to see much more of Crowley (we don't know really why his powers are so much more than the other demons...and I like the idea of him being powered by the Darkness). We know he had a rough life (Rowena) and we know why he made the deal in the first place ("down under") but other than him being a very good salesman (love that line) there's more story to tell here and I would love them to circle around and tell us why he is so powerful (me thinks he was an angel)...Cas has always been an enigma and I'm holding out hope that Jimmy was, in fact, a Winchester or Campbell descendant. Cain isn't dead. Heaven is still corrupt. Hell is becoming unstable because Lucifer is not really that smart, and Purgatory still exits (Benny please and thank you)...tons more to tell. And I'm really happy to have more of this show.

Forum Whiz
    I just dont think saying this show is going "The way of Smallville" and "it just needs to die" or "this show sucks now" is very productive talk. And I wont participate in it without at least adding something to the conversation. There is potential no matter how you may feel. To say there isn't is a fools errand. Then quit watching and quit commenting. Go find some other show to love.
    Last edited by waynedeath1047; 03-20-2016 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lipzo View Post
    *cough* money hungry *cough*
    What does this even mean? Television is a business so if a show is successful, the network will want to keep it going. Hopefully you're not talking about the actors and writers when you say that.