Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Season 2!

http://www.kryptonsite.com/supergirl-renewed-for-season-2-we-think/

CBS ordered a 2nd Season for Supergirl!

This might too early but the CEO said they fully intend to renew all five of their new series from this season outside of Angel from Hell which was already cancelled.
    Last edited by Halberdier17; 03-08-2016, 10:40 AM.

Good morning to me! Sounds good to me and looking forward to the crossover with Flash in a few weeks.

Comment

Let's not celebrate, though, until CBS puts out an official release.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
        Let's not celebrate, though, until CBS puts out an official release.
        I realized it was too early after I made the thread so I added the second paragraph that said it might be too early.

Comment

Still no renewal announcement, and the show is continuing to put up terrible numbers. Last night's run up to the season finale dropped to 6.2 mil and a 1/3. This is starting to remind me of what happened with Constantine.

Comment

Imo they didn't capitalize on the Flash's appearance enough to make those extra viewers stick around. The amount of romantic angst that episode had was a turn off and the Flash didn't even do anything of note. Combine that with the 2 week hiatus and no surprise the ratings are back where they were before the crossover.

Nonetheless, I feel Supergirl will still get a 2nd season.
            Last edited by costas22; 04-12-2016, 09:50 AM.

Comment

The difference between Supergirl and Constantine is that CBS has already renewed Supergirl but are holding off on announcing said renewal.

Comment

Originally posted by DigificWriter
                The difference between Supergirl and Constantine is that CBS has already renewed Supergirl but are holding off on announcing said renewal.
                I hope you are right, but happy talk from a network means nothing. NBC talked up Constantine right up to the point that it cancelled it. CBS is not the CW, and won't put up with these kinds of numbers for such an expensive show to produce.

Comment

Not only did Les Moonves already guarantee that the network is renewing pretty much every single one of its Freshman series (none of which have yet received formal renewal announcements), we have also seen 3 people directly involved with Supergirl itself - Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, and Chyler Leigh - speak openly and directly about Season 2 in terms that are about as definitive as you can possibly get.

The series is coming back; CBS is just waiting until the Upfronts to make the announcement (most likely along with the announcements of renewal for their other Freshman series).

Comment

Not only did Les Moonves already guarantee that the network is renewing pretty much every single one of its Freshman series (none of which have yet received formal renewal announcements), we have also seen 3 people directly involved with Supergirl itself - Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, and Chyler Leigh - speak openly and directly about Season 2 in terms that are about as definitive as you can possibly get.

The series is coming back; CBS is just waiting until the Upfronts to make the announcement (most likely along with the announcements of renewal for their other Freshman series).
                    Again, I hope you are right, but none of that means anything. The producers of Constantine went on and on about a season 2 that never happened. Planning on renewing all of your Freshman series before seeing the new pilots is the same as NBC saying they loved Constantine. I'm hoping for a season 2, but it's looking less likely.

Comment

Constantine never announced actors for appearances in a second season the way Supergirl has with Lynda Carter.

There also weren't publications printed featuring actors from Constantine which mentioned a second season as confirmed, which is what's happened with regards to Supergirl.

Season 2 for the show is a "WHEN", not an "IF" at this point.
                      Last edited by DigificWriter; 04-12-2016, 04:45 PM.

Comment

Constantine never announced actors for appearances in a second season the way Supergirl has with Lynda Carter.

There also weren't publications printed featuring actors from Constantine which mentioned a second season as confirmed, which is what's happened with regards to Supergirl.

Season 2 for the show is a "WHEN", not an "IF" at this point.
                        I think the main point people are making though is that plan's can change very easily when there hasn't been an official announcement. Yes we got told all fresh series were going to be renewed but until Supergirl is specifically mentioned that it's getting a second season it can change and there would be very minimal backlash towards the CBS in terms of bad press given that it wasn't something that was set in stone. The moment they come out and say that "Supergirl will be returning for a second season" then it's set in stone and we can say we will see it again without a doubt.

Comment

It's bad business to make a decision to renew - and convey said decision to the people involved (both of which are things that have already happened) - and then go "never mind". Taking such a course of action would ruin CBS' reputation as a network forever.

Comment

Sorry for the double post, but we now have Melissa Benoist joining Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg, and Chyler Leigh in speaking about Season 2 in very concrete and unambiguous terms, courtesy of a new video from the folks at DC All Access (via The Mary Sue).

Comment

I won't believe it until I read the official announcement from CBS. I've also heard if it does get a season 2, it might move to The CW, which could benefit the show in my opinion plus they could do away with the stupid idea of her being on another Earth than Flash and Arrow. I'd prefer them being in the same Earth so they can do more crossovers. I loved Flash on Supergirl.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎