Venom

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, yeah... this is happening.

Comment

Eventually you do plan on having Venom in your Venom movie, right? Hello?

Comment

I guess a teaser is meant to...tease.

Looking forward to it, for sure. Venom is one of my favorite villains and Tom Hardy is as good a casting choice as any.
        Last edited by costas22; 02-08-2018, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
          Eventually you do plan on having Venom in your Venom movie, right? Hello?
          To be fair, the teaser trailer for Jurassic Park didn't have any dinosaurs in it.

Of course, it still made an effort to explain what the film, that it was teasing, was about.

Comment

Yeah it was just a teaser. They’re probably still working on the effects to the costume. I would love to get the reveal during the actual movie but, that’s not going to happen

Comment

That JP teaser had no scenes from the movie. A little different.

It's not the end of the world, but one of the things that sells fans on these movies is seeing if they get the costume right. Instead, we got a generic sci-fi horror film tease.

Comment

What is Sony's plan here? Multiple Venom movies, even with Tom Hardy in the role, seems overly ambitious. Are they waiting for their arrangement with Marvel Studios to end so that they can do a Spiderman/Venom movie (which would probably mean casting another new actor to play Spiderman)? Or are they expecting Tom's Venom to cross over to the MCU?
                Last edited by costas22; 02-09-2018, 03:18 AM.

Comment

They could go the route of the multi-verse as we’re going to go with the Miles Morales animated film to explain away the need for Tom Holland’s Spider-man and eventually if they wanted, they could cross the streams.

They could also be setting this years after the events of the MCU. It would explain the San Francisco setting for this movie.

Though, they’d have spin it so causal audiences would get what’s going on.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                    What is Sony's plan here? Multiple Venom movies, even with Tom Hardy in the role, seems overly ambitious. Are they waiting for their arrangement with Marvel Studios to end so that they can do a Spiderman/Venom movie (which would probably mean casting another new actor to play Spiderman)? Or are they expecting Tom's Venom to cross over to the MCU?
                    Apparently, this is an attempt to establish their own Marvel universe (unconnected to the MCU), using some Spider-Man related (spin-off) characters, that they have the film rights to. But, without involving the Spider-Man character.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                      They have multiple movies in development revolving around Spidey characters. They want their own -verse separate from the MCU. However, my guess is that they will hedge their bets and leave open the possibility of crossovers.

Comment

Thanks for the replies, guys. I didn't know they were still hoping to do their own universe. I thought Sony kiboshed their universe after they abandoned the Andrew Garfield movie series and cancelled the Sinister Six movie.

Comment

From the upcoming trailer. We can all breathe easy now.

Comment

The video has been removed already but, other videos are popping up. I saw the clip, Venom looks the way he should look. Let’s hope they got the rest of him right since it was a close up.

I expect that they’ll probably release trailer 2 sooner than later to get ahead of the leak.

Comment

Comment

This looks damn good.
                                Last edited by costas22; 04-24-2018, 03:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎