0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - The writer of this episode was "what a maroon."
    0%

This ep was so good.. completely action-packed and filled with tense moments all the way though.

Not even the Kendra/Ray thing could ruin the story for me... even though I did roll my eyes at that part. Honestly, didn't Kendra shut that relationship down last ep??

Comment

Felt like Star Trek in this one. Nice to get away from any time period for a change.

Comment

Legends continues to impress. Each character set was given the proper focus for what their task was (as in how much screentime was devoted to it). The inevitable problems with Mick finally rear their head and we discover he was only there because he was a 'package deal' with Snart, who is now evolving beyond the criminal he was. Citizen Cold, anyone?

Sara and Snart's continued bonding is interesting to me, since they're not trying to push any relationships in this series (okay, there's the Ray/Kendra thing but its not given uber-focus like certain other relationships). I see them being able to be friends or be something more if they stay on Legends rather than return to Flash and Arrow.

Dr. Stein was hilarious in this episode.

Rip's flashback revealing his wife was also a part of the Time Masters before she left was interesting. I liked the dilemma we see with Rip in this episode, how he deals with facing another active Time Master agent rather than bounty hunters or councilors.

Honestly, while all the characters had good moments, Snart shone heavily in this episode as he made the choice to side with the team rather than his long-time partner.

10/10. Have I even voted a 9 for any episodes of this series yet?

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
          Legends continues to impress. Each character set was given the proper focus for what their task was (as in how much screentime was devoted to it). The inevitable problems with Mick finally rear their head and we discover he was only there because he was a 'package deal' with Snart, who is now evolving beyond the criminal he was. Citizen Cold, anyone?

Sara and Snart's continued bonding is interesting to me, since they're not trying to push any relationships in this series (okay, there's the Ray/Kendra thing but its not given uber-focus like certain other relationships). I see them being able to be friends or be something more if they stay on Legends rather than return to Flash and Arrow.

Dr. Stein was hilarious in this episode.

Rip's flashback revealing his wife was also a part of the Time Masters before she left was interesting. I liked the dilemma we see with Rip in this episode, how he deals with facing another active Time Master agent rather than bounty hunters or councilors.

Honestly, while all the characters had good moments, Snart shone heavily in this episode as he made the choice to side with the team rather than his long-time partner.

10/10. Have I even voted a 9 for any episodes of this series yet?
          No you haven't, straight 10's, I've voted the same way. This show has exceeded all of my expectations for it.

Comment

Was looking forward to a space episode (with pirates and all that ), so it didn't disappoint. Despite the big cast, they keep finding ways to give every character their own big moment in every episode and the show should be commended on that.

The Flashbacks about Rip were ok. Can't say they interested me a great deal.

Once again Dominic Purcell stole the show. Wentworth was also excellent in their last scene, but imo Purcell conveyes his heartbreak about their rift much better. As for the cliffhanger, hopefully it doesn't mean Rory is gone for good. He's become one of my favorites this season.

The Kendra/Ray stuff was groan worthy. They couldn't escape a romantic storyline on this show, could they? It was absolutely unnecessary, especially where Kendra is concerned. They could have just had them grow closer as friends, like Snart and Sara.

It's funny, but even though the LoT cast of heroes is big, the show still finds time to make its Canary shine. Much more than a certain other Berlanti show does with their Canary.
            Last edited by costas22; 03-04-2016, 02:14 AM.

Comment

Kendra and Ray were harmless. She's going to end up with a past incarnation of Carter eventually anyway, so they're just killing time.

Stein was so awesome! I'm getting a Gene Barry as aging Clayton Forrester (War of the Worlds) vibe from him that's completely heartwarming.

Comment

It was a fun episode and it was great to see additional context re: Rip, his origins and why the loss of his family weighs on him so much. Just on that alone it was a good episode.

The time pirates dust-up was also fun and Stein pretty much proved that whether or not he's joined in Firestorm, he is an asset to the team and can be counted on for his own brand of humour in the series. Sara and Snart bonding more is a good thing -- I'm hoping it's just on a platonic basis for the moment.

Kudos to Kendra for representing Team TNG, it earns an automatic bonus point on this alone ST fans sometimes tend to forget about Picard and Vash . As for Kendra/Ray, they sort of set the stage for it in the previous episode and I assumed it was not gonna happen -- but then it did in this ep. I don't mind it for now, it all depends on how much time they actually plan to invest in it. I guess you could say they launched a "preemptive ship": no one really expected it or demanded it, but the show decided to give it try anyway.

As for a quick (and unscientific) reality check scorecard of which Berlanti-verse superhero series has more soapy suds, my call at this moment is:

1. Supergirl - At one point Kara had about three potential suitors going at the same time. Love the show, but it's pretty sudsy so far esp. with the lead. I hope her iPhone calendar app is colour-coded to keep track of all the ships she's in.
                2. Arrow - No surprise, as it was first out of the DCTV gate. (Olicity, need I say more? )
                3. Flash - Barry's had a couple of potential ships going, not to mention other Flash ships that happen just because : Caitlin/Jay, Cisco and Lisa, Cisco and Kendra ...
                4. LOT - If they do have ships (and they have, even before the series actually aired when you count the crossovers -- the weird Vandal/Kendra stalker ship is essentially permanent ), they're so far remaining in the background *knocks on wood* So far, so good.

I didn't think Mick would turn "heel" so soon into the series, but I am intrigued by how Leonard actually did handle it in that cliffhanger -- if he actually did ice him permanently or not. Would the rest of the team be cool with a fellow comrade finishing off a rogue teammate if he/she is putting their mission in jeopardy? Some questions definitely come out of this dilemma.

Overall, a solid episode.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                  Was looking forward to a space episode (with pirates and all that ), so it didn't disappoint. Despite the big cast, they keep finding ways to give every character their own big moment in every episode and the show should be commended on that.

The Flashbacks about Rip were ok. Can't say they interested me a great deal.

Once again Dominic Purcell stole the show. Wentworth was also excellent in their last scene, but imo Purcell conveyes his heartbreak about their rift much better. As for the cliffhanger, hopefully it doesn't mean Rory is gone for good. He's become one of my favorites this season.

The Kendra/Ray stuff was groan worthy. They couldn't escape a romantic storyline on this show, could they? It was absolutely unnecessary, especially where Kendra is concerned. They could have just had them grow closer as friends, like Snart and Sara.

It's funny, but even though the LoT cast of heroes is big, the show still finds time to make its Canary shine. Much more than a certain other Berlanti show does with their Canary.
                  Oh, good, you've pretty much covered everything I thought so I can be lazy and just say: agree!

A few other thoughts:

-- watching the Rip-Miranda(? -- was that her name?) flashback-interactions was interesting in that something about them felt... empty? manufactured?... can't quite put my finger on it ... but it did make me think that maybe a lot of the problems I have with all the Berlanti shows and how they write romance is that, in general, it just doesn't feel convincing or authentic to me (for instance here, it kind of felt like they were going through a checklist of scenes and things for the characters to say so I would know how much they loved each other....)

-- okay, I really hope we don't have to deal with much of a Kendra/Ray ship (what would that be called? Kendray? or whatever) but I will say that I think in some of the scenes between the two, Kendra was allowed to have more of a personality than I've yet to see her have. She had a bit of spunk to her, I thought -- teasing Ray in one or two scenes there. Which makes me think it's a shame that in her Flash "origin" story they couldn't have made her someone more substantial than a new-to-town semi-clueless barista going out on a date with Cisco. In other words, why did we have to wait this long and via flirting with Ray for her to get a bit of personality?

-- on the other hand, I'm kind of worried Ray's character development might get highjacked if they decide to go down the path of exploring his feelings for Kendra too much. I liked a lot of the development I saw for Ray in the Soviet prison storyline, where Ray and Rory were paired together. Because prior to that, I had kind of resigned myself to thinking that Ray was just going to always be the nerdy awkward superhero type (which I generally don't mind, but I do like to see different sides to the characters rather than just a constant one-note thing); but then I got to see some moments of real toughness and stoic heroism from Ray in the Soviet prison episode and I enjoyed that a lot. But with Kendra in this ep of course he was all nerdy awkward superhero; and I don't expect that to completely disappear but again, I liked seeing evidence that he does have it in him to be a bit tougher. I guess my concern is that if everytime he is around Kendra he is going to be nerdy and awkward and that if more of his screentime starts involving scenes with her, then the end result for me could be feeling like I'm stuck with him as a one-dimensional nerdy awkward flustered personality type -- and again I want to see some other sides to him. I'd also like him to have his character development occur via finding himself in different situations and in different pairings with the cast, and not primarily via a romantic relationship with Kendra. But I do have faith in these writers generally, so I'll just consider that I'm probably being overly alarmist and I'll just wait to see how it goes...

-- Prof Stein was, as usual, hilarious; he's definitely become one of my favorites (along with the Sara and Snart friendship and scenes)

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
                    Oh, good, you've pretty much covered everything I thought so I can be lazy and just say: agree!

A few other thoughts:

-- watching the Rip-Miranda(? -- was that her name?) flashback-interactions was interesting in that something about them felt... empty? manufactured?... can't quite put my finger on it ... but it did make me think that maybe a lot of the problems I have with all the Berlanti shows and how they write romance is that, in general, it just doesn't feel convincing or authentic to me (for instance here, it kind of felt like they were going through a checklist of scenes and things for the characters to say so I would know how much they loved each other....)

-- okay, I really hope we don't have to deal with much of a Kendra/Ray ship (what would that be called? Kendray? or whatever) but I will say that I think in some of the scenes between the two, Kendra was allowed to have more of a personality than I've yet to see her have. She had a bit of spunk to her, I thought -- teasing Ray in one or two scenes there. Which makes me think it's a shame that in her Flash "origin" story they couldn't have made her someone more substantial than a new-to-town semi-clueless barista going out on a date with Cisco. In other words, why did we have to wait this long and via flirting with Ray for her to get a bit of personality?

-- on the other hand, I'm kind of worried Ray's character development might get highjacked if they decide to go down the path of exploring his feelings for Kendra too much. I liked a lot of the development I saw for Ray in the Soviet prison storyline, where Ray and Rory were paired together. Because prior to that, I had kind of resigned myself to thinking that Ray was just going to always be the nerdy awkward superhero type (which I generally don't mind, but I do like to see different sides to the characters rather than just a constant one-note thing); but then I got to see some moments of real toughness and stoic heroism from Ray in the Soviet prison episode and I enjoyed that a lot. But with Kendra in this ep of course he was all nerdy awkward superhero; and I don't expect that to completely disappear but again, I liked seeing evidence that he does have it in him to be a bit tougher. I guess my concern is that if everytime he is around Kendra he is going to be nerdy and awkward and that if more of his screentime starts involving scenes with her, then the end result for me could be feeling like I'm stuck with him as a one-dimensional nerdy awkward flustered personality type -- and again I want to see some other sides to him. I'd also like him to have his character development occur via finding himself in different situations and in different pairings with the cast, and not primarily via a romantic relationship with Kendra. But I do have faith in these writers generally, so I'll just consider that I'm probably being overly alarmist and I'll just wait to see how it goes...

-- Prof Stein was, as usual, hilarious; he's definitely become one of my favorites (along with the Sara and Snart friendship and scenes)
                    I assumed they threw Ray and Kendra together just so they can have the mandatory CW conflict/triangle when they run into a past life Hawkman, probably in the next couple of episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
                      I assumed they threw Ray and Kendra together just so they can have the mandatory CW conflict/triangle when they run into a past life Hawkman, probably in the next couple of episodes.
                      See, now that would confuse me. Because Kendra's Hawkman is dead, right? So any past-life Hawkmans (Hawkmen? whatever...) should be hooking up with the Hawkgirl that matches up with that timeline in the past, correct or no? In other words, Kendra better not be going back in time trying to steal a Hawkman in the past, just b/c HER Hawkman got killed.....? I'm thinking what we have here is going to be a Vandal-Kendra-Ray triangle. Now if you start bringing past-life Hawkmen and Hawkgirls into it, along with Kendra-Ray-Vandal, well, then I don't know what kind of geometrical CW love-beast we'd be dealing with...my simple brain just can't handle something like that!

P.S. Oh and what about Jax? He thinks Kendra shut down the whole idea of it b/c she was grieving. But if he sees Kendray, then is he going to get all moody and jealous as well? Vandal-Kendra-Ray-Jax-Past!Hawkman-Past!Hawkgirl

Comment

See, now that would confuse me. Because Kendra's Hawkman is dead, right? So any past-life Hawkmans (Hawkmen? whatever...) should be hooking up with the Hawkgirl that matches up with that timeline in the past, correct or no? In other words, Kendra better not be going back in time trying to steal a Hawkman in the past, just b/c HER Hawkman got killed.....? I'm thinking what we have here is going to be a Vandal-Kendra-Ray triangle. Now if you start bringing past-life Hawkmen and Hawkgirls into it, along with Kendra-Ray-Vandal, well, then I don't know what kind of geometrical CW love-beast we'd be dealing with...my simple brain just can't handle something like that!

P.S. Oh and what about Jax? He thinks Kendra shut down the whole idea of it b/c she was grieving. But if he sees Kendray, then is he going to get all moody and jealous as well? Vandal-Kendra-Ray-Jax-Past!Hawkman-Past!Hawkgirl

Well, perhaps the past life Hawkman's Hawkgirl has already died, they do seem to take turns dying. I noticed you left poor Cisco out of the mix, if the Waverider makes a pit stop in 2016 for shore leave (A lance funeral maybe?) Then Cisco could be right back in the thick of it.

Comment

Well, perhaps the past life Hawkman's Hawkgirl has already died, they do seem to take turns dying.
                          Oh, I don't think I like that idea at all! Hawkpeople time-swapping each other?!?!?! Why, that sounds almost incestuous, or like something out of the 1970's when couples were going to all those spouse-swapping parties and such .... lol

I noticed you left poor Cisco out of the mix, if the Waverider makes a pit stop in 2016 for shore leave (A lance funeral maybe?) Then Cisco could be right back in the thick of it.

I think I better just go back to reminding myself that basically I trust these writers .... although I admit I smugly thought they were just teasing us about the Kendra-Ray-Jax triangle the previous ep....oh, well

Comment

I think I better just go back to reminding myself that basically I trust these writers .... although I admit I smugly thought they were just teasing us about the Kendra-Ray-Jax triangle the previous ep....oh, well
                            I thought it was a tease as well, and an amusing one in how it was handled. Once I saw it in this week's recap, though, I...had a bad feeling about this.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎