0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Awful. It was a stone cold mess!
    0%

A bit slow, but a very solid episode. Dr Strange looks like he walked right out of the comics.

Comment

Well, I gave it a 6.

I thought it was decent, but the intro for Freeze was a bit lukewarm for me... His scenes felt shoehorned into the story since a lot of what we got was the writers filling us in with what happened previously thanks to the hiatus. Also, I wasn't impressed with the casting of Nora. I'm sure they'll flesh his backstory out as time goes on, but the long break didn't help.

I enjoyed Hugo Strange, and I thought B.D. Wong did a great job with such a small amount of screen time.

As for The Tigress/Tabitha Galavan, she should've stayed MIA. Her brother is dead, what possible use could they have with her character? She can go, because this whole having the hots for Butch thing came out of nowhere and isn't the slightest bit believable.

A couple things bugged me, too, like how the pharmacist didn't even bother to say he could fax a refill request to the doctor listed on the bottle. Seriously, that's what they're supposed to do when a patient needs a refill—usually at the patient's request. I get that they needed a plot device, but it wasn't true to life. However, I did like his costume when he returned for the medicine.

Then, after they raid Fries's house, Nora just goes with them and doesn't even mention that she's in dire need of medicine. On top of that, the cops deployed enough officers for the search, but NOBODY saw Fries standing across the street as they led his wife away? Whatever!

I don't know, it was just ok for me. Maybe I just expect too much. Hopefully, it'll improve next week.

Comment

It was ok. Nothing overly exciting, although I was intrigued by the two new villains. Hugo Strange more so than Fries. Just a nitpick. I know this show comes with a viewer discretion warning, but at times it tries too hard to gross out its viewers.

Oh and it needs more Tabitha.

Comment

I liked this episode. There were a lot of moving parts with all the villains and it was clearly Freeze they wanted to be the focus, they wanted to give him an origin ep. Good on them for having Nora on before she was cryo-frozen. Viewers who never knew a thing about Mr. Freeze now know he's one of more complex Bat villains, but I can see how Bat/comics fans who already know all about him would see the actual origin story playing out mostly by canon saw it as a bit long-winded, as we knew his story.

It was a good start for him, though I would have also liked to see more of how Penguin survived underground before he got caught.

I wasn't expecting Hugo Strange, and the fact that B.D. Wong killed it in his his scenes was even better. It'll be fun to see him and Penguin tangle in future.

Originally posted by costas22
          Oh and it needs more Tabitha.
          Yeah, count me in on Team Tabitha. She's exactly what the show needs more of. Butch, you are now the luckiest guy in Gotham.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎