No announcement yet.

Self centered

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Self centered

After watching this episode I don't think that Felicity and Oliver should ever get together again. What happens to another womans child is none of her concern, she always twists decisions Oliver makes that she doesn't like to some how being about her. William is not her child which means, williams mother has a say on who knows about him. Oliver was respecting that, also he was just learned about this, he was still in shock over it and was still reeling from everything else going on. Its okay for her to keep secrets from him but he can't do it, even though the secret had nothing to do with her at all in this case, but her keeping from him that during the time they were trying to get to know each other without distraction she was still helping diggel and them back in Starcity, never once told him. So I don't feel she was in the right in this episode and this seems to be an ongoing thing with her judging Oliver or holding him to double standards all the time. So I believe they she should not ever get back with him unless she admits she was in the wrong in this case. He chose to protect his son and to not upset the life he was already doing fine in. That's Oliver's and William's mothers choice not Felicity's at all.
    I wish the show would start showing Oliver being wronged for once instead of him always being the bad guy. He's not being selfish or being a playboy, i would think that people would take it that he is growing as a character. But everyone is so used to being on the woman's side of an argument, but in this case she was wrong not Oliver.

Especially since Ollie did take responsibility for William. Believe me he didnt have to. His mother paid the woman off to leave and he could've just acted like it wasnt his place. I agree that Felicity really had no say in the decision and she was mad he told William's mother to move him away to keep him safe. It was not her decision and she has no right to be angry. He kept it from her yes but if he hadnt he wouldnt have been able to get to know his son at all. So they were both wrong but for her to be angry with Ollie for making decisions to keep his son safe? Yeah thats kinda selfish of her, especially after how she was telling her mother to get over Lance making decisions to keep her safe.

Comment

No, Felicity was mad that he excluded her while HE made the decision, not that she didn't get to make the choice because you know she was ready to support his choice, she said as much, but that he didn't share his feelings or even share his worries, concerns, or ask her advice was proof of a bigger, ongoing problem.

Plus She actually just had her evil father tell her he abandoned her for her own good, she had a very relevant point of view to add but more than that, Oliver needed to rebuild her trust that he wasn't going to keep keeping major things from her, he instead went the opposite direction.

And a white lie about doing computer favors for their friends in not in the same league as concealing a secret child for your fiancé while being fine your arch enemy knows.

Comment

They're both self-centered and they need to be to do their jobs. You can't go up against these kinds of bad guys unless you think you can beat them. That requires walking a fine line between skill and self-righteous ego. The problem is the writers are milking necessary personality traits for all the worst kinds of story telling.

Comment

I don't think self centered means what you are trying to say. To be self centered is to put their needs above the city but Oliver and Felicity and the rest of the team put their personal wants low on the list of demands. I think they all might have a greater sense of their importance and abilities because they need that in order to do the impossible, kind of how they say surgeons often have a god complex and are sure they know best and that they need to be self assured to the extreme to get the job done. But self centered means something else.

Comment

You're right. I did confuse self-centered with self importance, but the general point still stands. The down-side of that self-importance is that egos will clash, and the writers are milking that in all the wrong ways.

Comment

Working...
            X
            😀
            🥰
            🤢
            😎
            😡
            👍
            👎