Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What do you think of "Star City 2046?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

So where was firestorm during the final battle? I didn't see him until the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Shelby Kent

Agree and not to be insulting to the actor, b/c I’m sure he’s a cute guy, but his face just didn’t go right with the suit IMO. A total mismatch. I kept thinking he looked like he was about 15 years old. Then I tried to think of him as menacing, but that didn’t work. So then I tried to think of him as creepy -- maybe a creepy-babyface? -- but still no go. So that was distracting for me. I just think they could have done a better job casting.
      Yeah, me too. On top of that, imo they didn't allow the character enough time for the audience to get to know him, why he embarked on this vendetta and what happened to his father.

In fact, this episode would have been even better if they tabled the Ray/Kendra/Jax arc and focused more on filling the gaps about this alternate timeline.

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
      Finally, I got a little kick out of hearing Oliver (or whoever) say that after everything had happened (I guess the events of the uprising), Felicity had left. So, basically most of the heroes died in battle, Oliver was hiding out, having been defeated and lost an arm, Conor was trying to carry on….. and great, brave, powerful Felicity had…. left. O-kay…. Plus, I thought that was also kind of an interesting commentary about the fact that perhaps Oliver and Felicity were not really destined, seeing as how she had headed on out for greener pastures, apparently. Kind of fun to think about, seeing as how on Arrow I always feel like Olicity-is-destiny is being crammed down my throat
      Felicity seemed to be everywhere this week. Mentioned (or rather, praised) on the Flash, heavily featured on Arrow and portrayed as a future technology entrepreneur and inventor on LoT (probably Guggenheim's wet dream, seeing as she has already been called Steve Jobs on Arrow). Felicity leaving when the going got tough was definitely funny though. And more in character than we think, given the nature of her break ups with Oliver.

Comment

Originally posted by protege
        So where was firestorm during the final battle? I didn't see him until the end.
        For some reason, he walked onto the battlefield....

Felicity seemed to be everywhere this week. Mentioned (or rather, praised) on the Flash, heavily featured on Arrow and portrayed as a future technology entrepreneur and inventor on LoT (probably Guggenheim's wet dream, seeing as she has already been called Steve Jobs on Arrow). Felicity leaving when the going got tough was definitely funny though. And more in character than we think, given the nature of her break ups with Oliver.
        Exactly my thoughts. But a couple of things to add:

On Flash it was also mentioned that she hasn't returned a single one of Barry's calls.
        On Arrow she pulled her normal 'my loud voice is the voice of God, fear me' routine and didn't get called out on it despite being an utter hypocrite.
        On LoT she might be a big name in the future at some point, but its as Felicity Smoak, not as Mrs. Felicity Queen. No happily ever after, Olicity idjits!

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz

On LoT she might be a big name in the future at some point, but its as Felicity Smoak, not as Mrs. Felicity Queen. No happily ever after, Olicity idjits!
          Yeah, as dystopian and dark as that future was, at least it got that part right!

Comment

The love triangle stuff was awful.

Someone older should definitely have played Oliver Queen. He was not particularly believable in the episode.

Comment

11/10 and the best "Arrow" episode since the show ended with 2x23.

I loved post-apocalyptic Star City, one-armed Oliver Queen and the introduction of new Green Arrow - Connor Hawke. I speculated that it would all come together nicely if he was Dig's son. And he is! Very strong performance/episode for Sara. Sidestories were fine, even the love triangle stuff and Stein's interfering - when it all started I had the same recation as most of you - "Oh no, not this typical CW drama". But it worked fine as break for all of the ansty stuff. As well as the conflict between Captain Cold and Heatwave. I like that Snart seems to have some sense of duty after all (I hope that in his case they won't use the Trope Redemption Equals Death ).

Every future is worth saving - that's an important lesson for Rip. Of course, I was sure that he will send the team for help eventually. But still, there was some conflict between him and Sara.

References to the fates of Laurel, Quentin and Dig make me wonder what happened to them in this version of future. For sure nothing good awaits Lances in current time line...

Liked all fight scenes. They looked so much better than anything "Arrow" offered in season 4. The ending scene, when Sara comes to bid farewell to Oliver and Connor in the ruined Arrowcave - it surely brings to mind "Batman Beyond". So, one can only wish for "Arrow Beyond"...

Comment

What I'm wondering about is where exactly did Diggle Jr. even come up with the Connor Hawke name to begin with. I did NOT care for the whole Jax/Kendra/Ray thing at all. Highly unnecessary. Naturally Rory would be more at home in that kind of time then anywhere else. o.0

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                  - Not a fan of the Connor Hawke we saw or how he came to be.
                  Yes! Exactly! Did they just forget that Arrow has already set up for a Conner Hawke to happen? Oliver has a son, get out Diggle spawn. :P They've been planning for this since (LITERALLY) Season 1 of Arrow.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  😀
                  🥰
                  🤢
                  😎
                  😡
                  👍
                  👎