Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Taken?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That are for Olicty to just merely please a tiny following of Twitter/Tumbler.
    I'm done debating the size of the fandom, but why should I not be happy when the show is pleasing me more than it is displeasing me?

I'd say they have their priorities in the wrong place. Then again I'm saying this to someone who is clearly bias for Olicty considering you never see her doing anything wrong, ever.
    If bias means inclined to like and believe, hell yeah! But that doesn't mean they are getting it wrong. It only means you don't like what they are doing. That's really not my problem.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
      And quite honestly I prefer the showrunners cutting scenes like Oliver giving Felicity moral backup than cutting scenes from other characters that AREN'T Olicity relevant.

We might have been able to have another training scene for Laurel if the showrunners didn't think Oliver flipping a table because he saw Felicity and Ray kiss more important.
      I understand wanting to see more of your favorite character; I've watched whole episodes of shows to see five minutes of the characters I want to see.

Arrow, the TV show, is about Oliver Queen's Hero's Journey, how he goes from the shallow, selfish playboy to a mature man doing his best to help others. A scene where Oliver gives Felicity moral support is showing that he's no longer the self-centered person he was when he was dating Laurel Before Island, now he can not only put aside what he wants, he can say openly how he feels, unlike in the past when he had to torch his relationship with Laurel because he couldn't tell her he didn't want to live with her.

Another scene of Laurel training with Ted Grant (who was leaving the show very soon anyway) is that it doesn't move the theme of the show forward. At this point, she's tangential to Oliver and the show is about Oliver's journey.

Comment

Originally posted by katakombs
        I understand wanting to see more of your favorite character; I've watched whole episodes of shows to see five minutes of the characters I want to see.

Arrow, the TV show, is about Oliver Queen's Hero's Journey, how he goes from the shallow, selfish playboy to a mature man doing his best to help others. A scene where Oliver gives Felicity moral support is showing that he's no longer the self-centered person he was when he was dating Laurel Before Island, now he can not only put aside what he wants, he can say openly how he feels, unlike in the past when he had to torch his relationship with Laurel because he couldn't tell her he didn't want to live with her.

Another scene of Laurel training with Ted Grant (who was leaving the show very soon anyway) is that it doesn't move the theme of the show forward. At this point, she's tangential to Oliver and the show is about Oliver's journey.
        I used Laurel training with Ted simply as an example since Olicity fans have complained that there wasn't enough shown to convince them that she's qualified enough to fight criminals, not because she's my favorite character. Quite honestly right now I think my favorite Arrow character is Moira (smart enough to jump ship before Olicity blew up full bore). The reason I don't want to see Oliver giving Felicity moral support is because I feel Felicity is being given more than enough attention already without them adding more with such additional scenes. Yes it is a show about Oliver's journey but it's also an ensemble show and there are more than just Oliver and Felicity to tell that journey story.

Comment

I used Laurel training with Ted simply as an example since Olicity fans have complained that there wasn't enough shown to convince them that she's qualified enough to fight criminals,
          Just to address that idea, I really don't think it would have helped since even if they'd shown Laurel training in every episode of season three until she put on the mask, it still only gave her 2 maybe three months of boxing lessons. Seeing more boxing lessons or any other fighting lessons wouldn't have changed anything. There wasn't enough time to see it well.
          Yes it is a show about Oliver's journey but it's also an ensemble show and there are more than just Oliver and Felicity to tell that journey story.
          I think it actually isn't a true ensemble show. Everything everyone does in the show somehow eventually has to impact Oliver or it's not going to get on the show. Oliver's stuff always comes first and this has been a frustration to me plenty of times since it means it's hard to get the show to give us Felicity's POV behind her actions unless it's a plot point.
          Last edited by BkWurm1; 03-19-2016, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎