No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "King Shark?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
    First off, King Shark is just... I'm fangirling so bad I had to check my boxers to make sure everything was still there. So great. So so great.

I like Barry feeling guilty for leaving E2 to Zoom. That was well done.

Cisco was hilarious... again.

If that's Hunter Zolomon, I'd like to take my victory lap now, having called it before the show even showed us a character with that name exists in the show.

I do wonder now about dead Jay. Clone? Clariss? Is the real Jay Garrick the man in the iron mask? If so, is he also going to be Sears? Are there four of this dude?!
    In a post a while back, I postulated that, from a promo photo, that Teddy Sears was Zoom. I had no basis in this, just a photo who could have been anyone really, but I felt a bit vindicated when they pulled the reveal because my gut instinct was correct. I was also excited that I wanted to post on the forum that I had called it from so far back but I relented thinking, "I don't want to sound pompous like I knew it all along. Gloating is so untoward.".

So thank you for taking that lead. The pompous weight is off my shoulders.

Consequentally, calling that Zoom was Hunter Zolomon (before the character was introduced on the show) is hardly worthy of a victory lap, seeing as how HZ is Zoom in the comics. That's like saying I knew the RF was Eobard Thawne before they said the name in S1, or knowing Bruce Wayne is really Batman.

So with that out of the way...I liked the episode alot, but I found myself nitpicking more than anything.

1) I'm glad it started where the last episode left off. Too often, we get the "days later" or "weeks" and it's tiresome. Having this start was refreshing.

2) It's good to see Star Labs security is still top notch. Any old schmoe from an entirely different city can just waltz into the Cortex. I don't even remember Diggle or Lyla even ever being there before. When you've got so many brilliant people working daily in one place, could it hurt for one of them to fashion a simple motion detector, or a key pad on the elevator? Quit messing with Diggle's helmet and install some security.

3) The Wally/Barry stuff seems forced and it's kind of annoying. It's hard to watch.

4) After KS destroyed the house and Flash confronted him outside, what the hell kind of strategy was "I'll run around him in close proximity until he hits me"? It was maddening to know that despite fighting some of the biggest baddies the city has seen, Barry can still be plain old dumb.

5) I'm getting so tired of the hero constantly blaming him/herself for EVERYTHING that goes wrong. It's like every single superhero show on TV now. Smallville was so bad about it that they started making jokes about it, on the show!!! No one blames themselves that much for anything. Stop taking blame and freaking do something about it!

6) It was wonderful to see the Flash actually defeat the villain on his own. I loved when both Cisco and E2's resident smarties were like, "What's he doing?" Way to go Barry. Just don't revert in the next episode when you have to battle another speedster. Although I'm sure the will. *sigh*

7) Teddy Sears is Zoom. Now let the speculation begin on who's behind the mask.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow4486
      In a post a while back, I postulated that, from a promo photo, that Teddy Sears was Zoom. I had no basis in this, just a photo who could have been anyone really, but I felt a bit vindicated when they pulled the reveal because my gut instinct was correct.

I remember that. Nice call.

I was also excited that I wanted to post on the forum that I had called it from so far back but I relented thinking, "I don't want to sound pompous like I knew it all along. Gloating is so untoward.".

So thank you for taking that lead. The pompous weight is off my shoulders.
      Hey, you know, I do what I can.

Consequently, calling that Zoom was Hunter Zolomon (before the character was introduced on the show) is hardly worthy of a victory lap, seeing as how HZ is Zoom in the comics. That's like saying I knew the RF was Eobard Thawne before they said the name in S1, or knowing Bruce Wayne is really Batman.
      I called it before anyone else did on these forums and I didn't do it based on the comics. I did it based on the premise that the show follows the comics, using evidence from season 1 where I was also proven correct in my theories. And I did it while many others were postulating he was evil Barry or Henry of E2 or Eddie.

I'll take my lap and enjoy it.

3) The Wally/Barry stuff seems forced and it's kind of annoying. It's hard to watch.
      I believe this is solely because the actor playing Wally isn't that good right now.

5) I'm getting so tired of the hero constantly blaming him/herself for EVERYTHING that goes wrong. It's like every single superhero show on TV now. Smallville was so bad about it that they started making jokes about it, on the show!!! No one blames themselves that much for anything. Stop taking blame and freaking do something about it!
      He is doing something about it. He's leading the team to finding a way to get back to E2 when everyone else decided to give up.
      Last edited by Backward Galaxy; 02-24-2016, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
        So it's kinda like last season. Eh.

God bless you! God bless everyone!
        If by "kinda like" you mean "almost an exact carbon copy of", then yes.

Comment

Last night, The Flash pulled the rug out from under us with its Zoom reveal and now executive producer Andrew Kreisberg breaks it down!

That "bigger surprise than anyone can imagine" regarding the man in the mask's identity has led me to this theory:

What if that is the JWS 90s Flash? Think about it, we know the 90s Flash series is an alternate reality in the multiverse from 2 episodes back and Zoom's motivation is to find speedsters and steal their powers so he is the only one with speed powers.....what if he captured the 90s Flash and is keeping him prisoner for reasons not yet revealed (maybe he can only take his power in stages or something)?

That would be a big surprise indeed.

Comment

Another fabulous episode. The Flash is on a role.

I wonder how Teddy Sears being Zoom will impact the show seeing as the actor has been cast in the new 24 series...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperheroFan87
              http://www.superherohype.com/news/36...ks-zoom-reveal

That "bigger surprise than anyone can imagine" regarding the man in the mask's identity has led me to this theory:

What if that is the JWS 90s Flash?... We know the 90s Flash series is an alternate reality in the multiverse from 2 episodes back and Zoom's motivation is to find speedsters and steal their powers so he is the only one with speed powers.....what if he captured the 90s Flash and is keeping him prisoner for reasons not yet revealed?

That would be ten shades of amazing, but I'm not sure they have the stones to pull that.

Comment

Boy I have no idea what to make of this.
                There are so many good theories out there on who is who.

I read that the three Jays are:

E2 Jay, HZ, Clariss.
                They are clones of E2 Jay.
                Jay and HZ are twins seperated at birth Both on E1 and E2
                The guy in the mask is:
                E2 Jay
                90's Flash
                Barry's E2 Dad
                Old E2 Jay
                Another Earth Flash
                Johnny Quick/Max Mercury ( reason for the mask is to keep him from voice activating his speed).

They all sound good to me.
                There is a couple of things that still bothers me
                Harry knows a lot more on what is going on. He even admitted that he created Zoom.
                When Zoom returned to his lair with dead Jay he said:

"Well this is a complication"

It seems to me that Zoom accidently killed Jay. Maybe Zoom thought he was somebody else.
                Looks like he needed him and the guy in the mask alive.

So now I'm wondering if Jay with the help of Harry split himself into three.

Now we have:

Normal Jay: the one hanging around E1 Star Labs
                Nasty Jay: Zoom
                Timid Jay: the one in the mask.

I thought I throw that one there. Its probably full of hole too.

Comment

I love the Flash series overall, but I really like the crossover episodes they are done really well.
                  I Believe that season 2 is as good as season 1.
                  I hope that Barry and Iris just stay siblings/friends and never become more then that.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperheroFan87
                    http://www.superherohype.com/news/36...ks-zoom-reveal

What if that is the JWS 90s Flash? Think about it, we know the 90s Flash series is an alternate reality in the multiverse from 2 episodes back and Zoom's motivation is to find speedsters and steal their powers so he is the only one with speed powers.....what if he captured the 90s Flash and is keeping him prisoner for reasons not yet revealed (maybe he can only take his power in stages or something)?

I'm liking any theory that makes John Wesley Shipp a Flash again, and this sounds cool, but I doubt the '90s Flash image in the portal is more than an Easter egg. I could be mistaken. Great thought, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    😀
                    🥰
                    🤢
                    😎
                    😡
                    👍
                    👎