Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Truth, Justice and the American Way?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Truth, Justice and the American Way?"

What did you think?
    10 - Loved It
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Smallville "Truth" and "Justice" were better.
    0%

I think I might have accidentally voted the wrong thing. I might have voted 5 by mistake, I went to press vote and I accidentally pressed something else before I hit vote.

Comment

A pretty good episode. It had some character development and continued the Berlanti tradition of the heroes and villains having a complicated relationship. I'm already not looking forward to more of Siobhan mainly because she reminds me of a Kardashian.

Kara's inner struggle this episode over the incarceration of Max Lord was interesting. The end decision to release him, but with the threat of mutually assured destruction from Alex (something tells me that was more Alex than Kara) was an interesting one.

I am hoping that Winn does not get involved with Siobhan because that would push us into teeny drama territory.

Overall, a good episode with a solid struggle, but nothing spectacular. 7 out of 10.

Comment

Great episode that revolves around justice, morality, and ethics. Love the fight between Supergirl and Master Jailer.

Comment

Such a solid ep.... It masterfully explored the lines of what separates a villain and a hero from each other, and the ethics therefrom without becoming preachy.

It would had been far too easy for the writers to take out the lazy way where one side is 100% right and the other one is always wrong, etc. Instead, we see that nearly everyone had some very good points, and a strong foundation of logic to stand on for their arguments. You can really understand where everyone is coming from when they argued for their side of the issue. They acknowledge that there are large shades of Grey going on with this issue, but also that there's a line that should never be crossed at all.

Comment

Didn't expect it to be on par with the last episode, but this felt like a letdown. Master Jailer and Max's emancipation were good storylines and they tackled some moral issues that should have been addressed a while ago. On the other hand, all the unnecessary drama keeps dragging this show down every time it's turned on. Where to begin? Lucy's overreaction when she found out James was talking to Supergirl? James' absurd request to Kara later on (a real shame seeing as this was a very good episode for the James character until that point)? Or the beef Kara has with Hank, just because no one will tell her who really killed Astra? All this makes it really hard to enjoy an episode. Siobhan was meh. Didn't generate much interest, yet.

P.S. Alura's AI is such a fountain of information isn't she?

Comment

A pretty decent ep. I liked the Master Jailer story arc and the related ethics dilemma esp. with Jimmy (likely the only one who could have given her such advice) explaining to Kara that wearing that S-shield comes with expectations and even a duty to be a better hero than most.

(The whole incarceration without due process is a debate long overdue on Flash IMHO. At the very least, Joe "the cop" and Iris "the reporter" should be uneasy about it over there. Maybe Jimmy needs to pay them a visit in CC.)

The secrets and lies subplot with Alex and Hank on who really killed Astra is rapidly approaching its best before due date with me.

I didn't mind the Siobhan subplot so much, it was probably overdue that Kara had a professional rival in "normal" life. I'm truly hoping that she won't be a romantic rival as well. Worst case scenario -- both Winn and Jimmy fall for her. I mean, Jimmy's already in two love triangles -- the one with Lucy and Kara and the one with Kara and Winn. Three, if you count the one he's in with both Kara and Supergirl .

I'm glad Jimmy was part of a Kara subplot (the Master Jailer one) that didn't have anything to do with the shipping, one of his stronger plots this season -- but it's too bad he was also in that secrets and lies one re: Supergirl's identity and Lucy that has everything to do with shipping.
              Last edited by President_Luthor; 02-23-2016, 05:40 PM.

Comment

So...a Lobo reference? Cool. Cooler than the Batman reference.

I'm not totally buying Kara's hostility toward Hank. It seems like it's there just to show us why Alex can't tell her the truth so we can perpetuate this secret for a while. It would be better if it were more subtle. It's natural to bear some resentment, and it could plant a seed of mistrust, but to explicitly state "I don't know how to work with you" feels forced.

I'm fine with Siobhan for now to spice things up at work. Speaking of work, I hope there's some kind of plan for Kara to advance in some way so she's not Cat's slave for the entire series.

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                (The whole incarceration without due process is a debate long overdue on Flash IMHO. At the very least, Joe "the cop" and Iris "the reporter" should be uneasy about it over there. Maybe Jimmy needs to pay them a visit in CC.)
                I was thinking this exact thing. I find it unlikely the topic will arise when Barry speeds into National City.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎