Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rob Benedict set to return as Chuck/God?? in Episode 20!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rob Benedict set to return as Chuck/God?? in Episode 20!

Not very shocking but here it is kids. The moment we've been waiting for.

Prayers might be answered of both the fictional and actual kind. After months of speculation it has been officially announced that a fan favorite character is returning to CW's ...

I think that it will be a cop out. People will be thinking that he will return because he is God and then face Lucifer and Amara. However I think that in the end he will just be providing Sam and Dean with the missing piece in their fight with Amara. Getting rid of her and then giving Lucifer the chance to facilitate himself as the big bad(with Sam as a vessel I hope) for season 12.

Comment

I hope he'll have a good long talk with Lucifer lol.

Comment

Not surprised at this news. With God's Big Sister running around we pretty much have to bring in God (or Chuck, as a prophet) back into this in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by Oasis
          I think that it will be a cop out. People will be thinking that he will return because he is God and then face Lucifer and Amara. However I think that in the end he will just be providing Sam and Dean with the missing piece in their fight with Amara. Getting rid of her and then giving Lucifer the chance to facilitate himself as the big bad(with Sam as a vessel I hope) for season 12.
          Probably. My official belief is that God won't come into play until the actual end of the Amara story run, if at all.

Comment

I think he will come into a play in a big way to be honest. But he wont necessarily reveal himself in a big fire of glory because honestly he doesn't have to. If Sam and Dean saw Chuck again there first thought wouldn't be that he's God. Would Lucifer know instinctively? Probably not based on the evidence.

Here is hoping my Apocalypse Theory is true.

Comment

My question is: IF Chuck is actually "alive" as we know it (not a ghost or brought back as some other monster), then why was Kevin Tran "activated" as a prophet? Per Supernatural's own rules, shouldn't Kevin's gifts be dormant until Chuck is actually dead like Cas said?

If he does turn out to be the big G then my guess is the writers just plain gave in to the fan theory in hopes of better ratings. Pity. Because I was hoping God would be John Winchester and Lucifer and Michael could be Sam and Dean respectively to take down Amara.

Comment

Originally posted by TyrantLord
                My question is: IF Chuck is actually "alive" as we know it (not a ghost or brought back as some other monster), then why was Kevin Tran "activated" as a prophet? Per Supernatural's own rules, shouldn't Kevin's gifts be dormant until Chuck is actually dead like Cas said?

If he does turn out to be the big G then my guess is the writers just plain gave in to the fan theory in hopes of better ratings. Pity. Because I was hoping God would be John Winchester and Lucifer and Michael could be Sam and Dean respectively to take down Amara.
                I've wondered the same thing since we first saw chuck again and all I've been able to think is that a prophet isn't activated for their entire life, just while they are needed. By all mean's Chuck's role as prophet and recording down everything Sam and Dean did as a part of the Winchester Chronicles (I think that's what Cas said they would be called) should have been over once the apocalypse was done with but by Sam & Dean doing stopping it they went 'off script' so that's why Kevin was eventually activated.

Comment

Kevin was activated, because Chuck is God and never actually was a prophet

he merely impersonated one

Comment

They can try to put spins on it all they want, but Chuck disappeared in Swan Song...he didn't die, he didn't smoke out, he just disappeared with that all-telling grin that he was God. That one scene in Swan Song pretty much wrapped up a lot of plot holes IMO....it was also Kripke bowing out, IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by taftvalue

This. God was pretending to be a prophet and thus didn't need to 'die' in order for the next prophet to be activated.

Comment

The problem I have with Chuck being god is that it's saying Raphael couldn't even recognise him, when all of the Archangel's are supposed to know exactly what he looks like. That just seems extremely strange to me and illogical.
                        If they choose to go down the Chuck being god path at the end I'll personally be disappointed with it as I've never like the idea of it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
                          The problem I have with Chuck being god is that it's saying Raphael couldn't even recognise him, when all of the Archangel's are supposed to know exactly what he looks like. That just seems extremely strange to me and illogical.
                          If they choose to go down the Chuck being god path at the end I'll personally be disappointed with it as I've never like the idea of it.
                          I don't find it hard to believe he can disguise himself if he does not wish to be recognized. He's God.

Comment

I don't find it hard to believe he can disguise himself if he does not wish to be recognized. He's God.
                            They've made it pretty clear that in the Supernatural universe that god isn't a true omnipotent being so simply saying he's god isn't a very good explanation.
                            If they do make Chuck god then it's just going to feel like they've given into the fan theory of it all and it's going to leave a sour taste in my mouth about the show.

Comment

Originally posted by Lipzo
                              They've made it pretty clear that in the Supernatural universe that god isn't a true omnipotent being so simply saying he's god isn't a very good explanation.
                              If they do make Chuck god then it's just going to feel like they've given into the fan theory of it all and it's going to leave a sour taste in my mouth about the show.
                              Couldn't have said it better myself. I always thought when Chuck left, he went straight to heaven since his job was done. Has happened in the Bible with many folks if you believe in that stuff. Besides, Supernatural hasn't been one to stick with continuity of mythos even when dealing with their own ideas. John needs to be God if he shows up. Fan pandering is okay in some areas (Castiel and Crowley sticking around) but Chuck being God just seems silly to me. Why would he intervene then and not other times? Just seems unlikely...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎