Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is Zoom? And who's the guy in the mask?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Zoom? And who's the guy in the mask?

Any speculations after watching tonight's show?

For Zoom... no clue.

For the guy in the mask... Wally of Earth-2. We didn't see him. Why's that?

For the man in the mask Edward Clariss.

Maybe him for Zoom instead.

Comment

[QUOTE=KSiteTV;8151331]Any speculations after watching tonight's show?

For the guy in the mask... He said the name Jay so I think he is the real Jay and the one on Earth is a fake one.

Comment

He said the name Jay, So I think he is the real Jay and the one on Earth is a fake.....

Comment

When he tapped out Jay's name, it made me think HE was Jay, except he didn't try to point to himself to clarify he meant HE is Jay. So, if he is Jay, it feels like they omitted an easy clarification just to prolong the mystery, which would bother me.

I have also consistently stated that I think Zoom is Zolomon.

That said, I thought I saw the back of his neck and it looked a lot whiter than the man's hands. Maybe the guy in the mask is Jay after all.

I do not understand how to then explain Zoom grabbing Jay at the end, unless more time travel is involved.

Comment

I feel like the man in the mask is Henry Allen (Earth 1 or 2 I'm not sure) because not only did the hands look the same, but they showed a closeup shot of the back of his head and the hair color/cut looks exactly like John Wesley Shipp's.

His tapping out "Jay" may have been his way of telling them who Zoom is, and I think Zoom might be Jay from either Earth-1 or Earth-2 (since Earth-1 Jay is Hunter Zolomon).

Comment

I assumed Zoom was Henry Allen, because the show runners are fanboys with meta reasons. However, if Zoom isn't Henry, Henry needs to be Iron Mask, because Henry 1's weirdo absence should be explained and because the show runners are fanboys with meta reasons.

Comment

It's quite the puzzle. You basically have 4 people (E2 Jay, Zoom, the guy in the mask and E1 Hunter Zolomon) somehow connected. If the guy in the mask is the real Jay Garrick and E2 "Jay" is actually E2 Hunter Zolomon (and also happens to be Zoom), then that solves most of the puzzle. Lets not forget that until this week's episode, we hadn't seen Jay and Zoom in the same scene, with the exception of those flashbacks that Jay himself narrated (and which could have been made up). There is a whole in that theory though. If Jay was Zoom all along, how did Caitlin not pick it up when she was checking to see if he had traces of the speed force in him?

Will be interesting to see how they solve the mystery. Hopefully they won't mess it up.

Comment

I think Zoom is Henry Allen because of the following picture. His eyes just look exactly like those of Barry's dad. As for the man in the mask, no idea. There's always the chance that it is Jay because of what happened to Jay in the end of the episode. [SPOILER]Can anyone really survive that?[/SPOILER]

Click image for larger version

Name:	henry allen.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	6628570

Comment

My guess on Zoom: Honestly, my main guess is always gonna be Henry Allen just because without the 'blur effect' the mask and eyes look a heck of a lot like JWS's face. Second guess is gonna be Hunter Zolomon just because they could find some strange method of doing it thanks to the multiverse, time travel, etc. that is prevalent on "The Flash".

My guess on the Man in the Iron Mask: I'm gonna be that guy and say its Eddie.

Comment

My thing about Herny is that why would he atk the Flash like he does? You would think he would have some empathy for his son or his son's doppleganger.

Comment

Originally posted by Sozzeled
                        My thing about Herny is that why would he atk the Flash like he does? You would think he would have some empathy for his son or his son's doppleganger.
                        Zoom is a drug addict, and his drug is speed. People who are addicted have no guilt in what they do to get their fix.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                          Zoom is a drug addict, and his drug is speed. People who are addicted have no guilt in what they do to get their fix.
                          That's a really hardcore viewpoint. A lot of addicts have a ton of guilt about what they do. Said guilt often fuels depression, which leads to more dependency on the drug in order to feel better about themselves. It's one of the many reasons why addiction can be a difficult cycle to break.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                            That's a really hardcore viewpoint. A lot of addicts have a ton of guilt about what they do. Said guilt often fuels depression, which leads to more dependency on the drug in order to feel better about themselves. It's one of the many reasons why addiction can be a difficult cycle to break.
                            Allow me to clarify: yes, that is true. But I was pointing out that in the end, whether its driven by depression or just by their dependency on getting their fix, hardcore drug addicts (the kind of which we see on things like Breaking Bad addicted to some of the worst drugs out there) will pick their fix over any sentiment they might have because the fix takes away the guilt and such for a time.

As for why I have this hardcore attitude? I'm the child of two people who were life-long drug addicts and alcoholics. I was raised by my aunt and uncle who weren't, and they were my parents for all intents and purposes. Unlike my mother's side of the family (my mother's sister and her husband were the ones I spoke of) which practically saints someone once they die, I don't. My biological mother used her family every chance she could to get more money or anything to use to score a fix. She died with five different cancers riddling her body.

So my hardcore attitude comes from life experience of what happens to those left behind. It leaves a bitter taste, so to speak.

Comment

Originally posted by Sozzeled
                              My take is, it's earth 2 and you never know what might have happened there between them, or just to Henry. Though we hear Barry talking to his mother, we don't know who the mentioned father is. I don't know if it's plausible, but I just can't ignore the eyes.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎