Agent Carter #2.6/#2.7 "Life of the Party/Monsters"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agent Carter #2.6/#2.7 "Life of the Party/Monsters"

Two new episodes tonight!

I was very surprised about the double-hour tonight, and even more surprised they're doing it again next week. This has been a lot of fun, but also has me a bit worried that Marvel wants to cancel Peggy's adventures. Hayley's been cast in a pilot for a new show, which won't leave her much time if that effort goes to series. I hope that whatever the case, every episode lives up to the reputation both Hayley and her character deserve.

Comment

I enjoyed the first hour a lot more than the second.

I liked how we picked up right where we left off. How Peggy "I have a terrible idea", recruited Dottie and broke her out of the SSR's hands. How Dottie was told to go right, immediately goes left, and they stun her with an electrified net.

Dottie finds out Jason is intangible. Knew that would come into play later.

Jarvis and Dottie going undercover at the fundraiser was priceless. The O'Selznick name drop was great! Jack being there was not a surprise but Jarvis's talk with him was nice.

Dottie hiding in wardrobe and she sees Whitney's power in action. Whitney now rules the council. Well, what's left of it. And kills her hubby.

Jarvis overhearing Peggy and Sousa talking.

Jack recaptures Dottie but Jarvis gets the vial. And we find out that they gave Dottie to Whitney. Wasn't expecting that.

On to "Monsters", which started out strong with Dottie vs. Vernon, as interrogator.

jason started to lose it.

Whitney vs. Dottie. I honestly thought Dottie caved a little too quickly but then I don't know what the Zero Matter was doing to her so...

Jason gets tangible again and kisses Peggy. The love triangle is a bit boring to me.

Peggy knows it's a trap.

She and Jarvis talk about her love life (I am a bit surprised--not a single mention of Steve? I get that they are trying to show that Peggy has moved on but I still think it would have fit to have her at least mention him or do a callback or something. He was so important to her.).

The Jitterbug didn't work (I thought Jarvis hadn't flipped the switch. Nope, he put in the wrong 'measurements'.).

Captured and we find out the trap was for Jason. His drawing Zero Matter from Whitney wasn't a surprise. The fact that it made him stronger wasn't either. Sousa being attacked was. And poor Ana! They really ramped it up (Sousa hurt and dismissed from his post, Ana shot, Wilkes taken, Dottie gone). This is obviously the dark before the end.

So yeah, enjoyed the first one better but the second one was still good.

Originally posted by moviefan2k4
      I was very surprised about the double-hour tonight, and even more surprised they're doing it again next week.
      I think it's because the premiere kept getting pushed back. First the show was supposed to start airing near the start of Jan. then it got pushed back, then again, then a third time because of the State of the Union. With a premiere date already set in stone for the return of SHIELD, they have to run double episodes in order to get them all in before that show returns, I think. We likely would have gotten single episodes (well, except the premiere, which is usually a double) if it hadn't had to start late.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎