No announcement yet.

Theory AND Speculation on Clark/Lex storyline

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Theory AND Speculation on Clark/Lex storyline

I own all the seasons of Smallville on DVD and have watched them many times and love the storyline followed. I have a question I would like to discuss that breaks off from the storyline of Smallville. Consider if you will what would have happened if Clark had let Lex into his little world instead of pushing him away every time Lex started to get close and ask more and more about it so that he became obsessed with finding out what Clark was keeping a secret? I have a feeling that he would have been able to get closer to Clark and kept his secret. They were actually close at the start and were good friends, even though they came from different backgrounds. I feel that they would hve been better friends and would have been able to accomplish more working together and very likely Lex Luthor would not have turned out the way he did because of the pushing away that Clark did to him a lot of the time. Overall, I was just thinking of opening a discussion on this thought, both for or against as well as what could/would have happened if it did happen.

I tend to agree with you, actually. I think if Clark simply acknowledged that he had a secret but weren't allowed to tell anybody it because sharing the secret would not only affect himself but others too... then Lex would had been okay with that.

After all, Lex himself does know a few things about certain family secrets being able to ruin the lives of so many people if uncovered. That's the Luthor family life in a nutshell.... they have so many skeletons in the closet.

I mean, Lex acts so self-assured in public but he's actually very insecure, and tends to take things too personally if people choose to keep some secrets for whatever reason. So If Clark made it clear that he really did trust Lex with a lot of things, and not being able to tell Lex this one thing didn't mean that Lex was unworthy. That's just his parents made him promise that he would never tell anybody until he was of a certain age, etc.
    So If Lex at least knew this part, then he would at least be reassured that it wasn't a slight against him... and would be content to wait until Clark was old enough to tell him or until the Kent family trusted him enough to tell him.

Comment

Very true. At least, that is the side of this that I fall on. Add to that, Lex would have been supportive and tried to help out with more as well as not had the need or self thought reasons to go after Clarks friends and family. Who knows, it may have very well have changed the entire dynamic of the way that Lex looked at things and could have turned out the complete opposite in personality and future thoughts that he could have gone further and helped with his research and his power he did have for the other meta humans that came into being as time went on.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎