Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Love Hurts"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Love Hurts"?

So pretty good episode this time around.

The recap of holidays past (mispronouncing of “Samhain” aside—argh, bugs me every time!) was interesting.

The husband cheating on the wife with the babysitter, so cliché.
    The babysitter getting her heart literally punched out of her chest? Not so much. Knew it was the husband, you could tell based on the hands but I figured there was a twist.

Back to the bunker and Dean has a hickey.
    Dean: “Cut up in your snuggie, watch 50 Shades on cable”. Cute, Dean.
    And Sam telling him he needs a shower. “You’re not wrong.”

Was it me or did the guys have new suits for their FBI costumes? Dean for sure. Looked spiffier than ever (the tie was not one I recall ever seeing before—that blue?). Both looking good.

Dean confronts the husband, who took the camera and hey it shows him killing the babysitter. No big shock there. The babysitter, shifter, killing the husband? Oh yes.

The wife knew about the affair? And had a hex bag, well box?

Dean coming back from the bars. “What’s a ‘Dad bod’?” *snickers*

So the wife went to a witch for a love spell and hey, of course it went wrong. Only it turns out it was a curse that is passed around like an STD.

Dean kissing the wife to get it focused on him was fairly clever, making himself the target and all.

“The Art of Dyeing”? Yeah, big clue on the evil.

Dean saying his deep, dark desire is Daisy Duke (Bach or Simpson—“wouldn’t say no to either”)?

Oh my Chuck, Dean didn’t pull scissors in their game of Rock, Paper, Scissors?! What the what? And then he won!? My world is out of focus now.

Sam caught by the witch, Dean sees Amara, Melissa saves the day and Sam stabs the heart (anyone else think of POTC? “stab the thump thump”). All seems well.

Then Dean finally comes clean only to discover that Sam already knew about Dean’s feelings for Amara (which I really don’t care for but then I’m not digging any of the Amara storyline much). Dena says it’s not desire or love (my guess is that it’s a ‘connection’, a ‘pull’ of some sort?) and that he just can’t kill her. Sam tells him “I got it, Dean”.

So pretty good episode, nice MOTW with a bit of mytharc thrown in and finally Dean comes clean to Sam. Solid “Unattached Drifter Christmas” episode.
    10--best 'Unattached Drifter Christmas' ever!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--worse than an Aramic curse
    0%

pretty okish episode, it's been a while since the last time a witch was the antagonist in a MOTW episode

Comment

Working...
    X
    😀
    🥰
    🤢
    😎
    😡
    👍
    👎