Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Sins of the Father?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm curious as to who that girl was who was following Nyssa around. Maybe she could be important.
    She's a character that was in the Season 2.5 Comics. My memory is vague but she's someone that Oliver ran across and thought could use Nyssa's guidance to give her a path to her life. MG confirmed that it was her last week when she snuck a knife to Nyssa in her pepper.

Wouldn't they stretch out the relationship milestones like moving in together and getting engaged/married to create some sort of sense of will they/won't they?
    They went waaaay past the question of will they/won't they by the time season three concluded. The only question now is can they survive Oliver's idiocy slash rebuild once it's revealed Oliver is still an idiot.

Comment

I will say that the action/fight sequences in this ep were hit and miss, not just here but in S4 generally. Of all the series, I agree that it's Arrow where viewers expect the combat set pieces to be arguably better than the rest of the DCTV. Ideally, there should be no contest. Arrow should set the bar in the DCTV universe, but S4 has been a mixed bag at best. The Ollie - Malcolm fight was definitely not in the same league as Ollie's initial duel to the death with Ra's. They both seemed sluggish and it was by no means as epic as I imagined it could be.

I think part of the problem in S4 may be that, with the larger team roster they have far too many group combat sequences this season and not enough solo fights. We rarely get to see, say, Ollie alone (or Laurel or Thea by themselves) go one-on-one with an opponent for any length of time. Once you throw in Diggle, plus guests like Flash etc. it becomes a pretty crowded screen and even if their individual fights are well orchestrated -- we don't really get to see this when they have dozens of Ghosts, goons, LOA assassins cluttering the combat zone too.

Some of the reviews out there described the LOA fights as "ninja pillow fights" and I'd tend to agree. We see lots of capes, cloaks and baggy clothes flapping around but we don't get to see the combat itself that well. Maybe the fights were well executed and choreographed -- we'll never know, with all the cloaks and capes obscuring most of their moves.

To be fair, I did like the Nyssa faction vs. Malcolm faction running street fights in SC. That sequence was done well, with the added "bonus" of collateral damage aka innocent civilians caught in a civil war Ollie was struggling to contain. This was exactly what I expected to see -- something to show the stakes involved, there was no way Ollie could sit idly by and allow either side to prolong the struggle. The fan in me wouldn't have minded at all if the League war stretched out another few eps., but I can understand why they felt they needed to wrap up the LOA/Ra's story arc prior to the S4 finale.

Nyssa generally impresses me whenever she fights. Take your pick: her slick swordfight with Tatsu, her combat sequences against the Malcolm faction, etc. she rarely disappoints. The reason can be summed up in one word: intensity. She is convincing.

Comment

I found this an oddly dull episode interspersed with some good moments. It had the potential to be a great episode but the writing and structure was tedious, the fights laughable, and the resolution both showed Oliver as clever and extremely stupid to the point that it took me right out of the story.

The flashbacks had Oliver pretty much dozing on the bunk while Taniana zips through her emotions like paging through a magazine, ending up supporting him out of self service since betraying him didn't get her anything. It's hard for me to even review the flashbacks since they are so boring and pointless. Next week though we get to see digging!!!

I'm pretty sure I found the flashbacks extra dull this week because the A storyline was also far too dull. Let's watch Oliver and friends arbitrate a coup! But first, Oliver grapples over if he should kill Malcolm. (Everybody) "YES!!!" (Oliver) "NOPE!"

So fine. Let's find another way, which meant that the first half of the episode was just negotiation of terms. Offer and counteroffer, rinse and repeat. All the stuff that should have happened off screen (that in any other episode of Arrow WOULD have happened off screen) for some reason this time had to be discussed and rehashed again and again. It should have been Nyssa demanding Oliver kill Malcolm and him saying there has to be a different way and cut to them overseeing Malcolm trading the ring for the Flower Power, but oops, IT's A TRAP!! And then Laurel could have tried to convince Nyssa they weren't double crossing her and Oliver could have had his conversation about how can you risk Thea's life. Then the fight on the street and then Oliver forcing a challenge. (note that Oliver forcing the challenge between Nyssa and Malcolm was all negotiated OFF screen. Because that part is BORING).

The extra time could have been used to improve the fights or gasp! Added a scene where Quentin gets to be more than a recognizable day player. Or let Donna actually bump into her ex. Or even bigger gasp, let Thea contribute to the episode that is the conclusion to her big storyline.

Instead we get yak, yak, yak (and yak, yak, yak about mostly just terms for exchanging the Mcguffin so mostly meaningless) until FINALLY they meet up to make the exchange and not only does Malcolm go back on his word (it's a trap!) he doesn't even have the decency to wait until he has the PowerAde in his possession (Mmm! Mountain Berry Blast!)

Then the team regroups so Oliver can have another round of "Should I kill Malcolm" (EVERYONE again) "YES!!!!!"

It's just bad story structure to spend precious minutes on unneeded set up. I think it was meant to show Oliver's growth and how he's changed his approach but Oliver has always twisted himself over to avoid killing Malcom for no good reason (I mean even Thea wanted him dead but Oliver insisted she was wrong and instead forced her to take care of him. So messed up.) So instead of character growth, all I saw was a neon reminder of how ridiculous and stupid Oliver acts around Malcolm.

Speaking of being stupid. Malcolm tells you he knows everything about Oliver including William and Oliver's reaction to that is to do...nothing? Malcolm is furious after Oliver wrestles away his power and Nyssa nullifies the existence of the LoA (Side question - by ending the only organization that recognized her marriage to Oliver, does that count as an annulment?)

How can Oliver ignore Malcolm's direct threat to make him suffer? Malcolm has the secret no one is supposed to have and is looking for ways to make Oliver suffer and Oliver is so wrapped up in keeping his secret that he instead does nothing to insure the safety of William? When Malcolm Merlyn is gunning for you and already has shot to hell the part of the secret where no one is supposed to know, then yeah, that's the time you stop worrying about a promise and turn to the only people in your life that have a chance at helping you keep William out of harm's way.

Also annoying as hell: Nyssa to Oliver, "Kill Malcolm for me since I cannot." Forty minutes later: "I never let anyone fight my battles". Umm, YES YOU DO!!! Which annoys me since Nyssa should be the best fighter in the LoA. But fine, Oliver and Malcolm will instead have a reenactment of their epic duel...nope, it's done so fast that I thought Malcolm and Oliver had colluded to fake the fight ...until his hand went rolling.

And to all those that say, "HA!!! Proof that once Oliver is freed from his No Kill rule and finds his conviction he is back to being a kick-ass fighter", sorry, that's not what happened. We saw that Oliver STILL is holding to his no kill rule and even though everyone and their Aunt Eddy said, go ahead, kill him, Oliver did NOT have the conviction to follow through. Points for sticking to his no kill, but I'm kind of convinced his lack of conviction this time (that Malcolm needs to die) is what will lead to his vow over a grave that it is his responsibility to kill "him".

So yeah, I did like a number of moments and scenes (Nyssa, Malcom losing it,) and I really enjoyed how they connected Felicity's (very brief) storyline about her father with Oliver dealing with his problems (finding a way to test and prove the truth) and I liked that Felicity listened to her mother, created a way to know the truth about her father's motives and then didn't get bogged down in false sentimental ties and instead sent the criminal to jail. Didn't like that no one even considered that option with Malcom. I mean, they could at least TRY to put him in jail.
        Last edited by BkWurm1; 02-12-2016, 01:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BkWurm1
          It's just bad story structure to spend precious minutes on unneeded set up. I think it was meant to show Oliver's growth and how he's changed his approach but Oliver has always twisted himself over to avoid killing Malcom for no good reason (I mean even Thea wanted him dead but Oliver insisted she was wrong and instead forced her to take care of him. So messed up.) So instead of character growth, all I saw was a neon reminder of how ridiculous and stupid Oliver acts around Malcolm.
          I think showing Ollie's "growth" in finding a third way aka he's not going to revert into Hood mode (even though everyone inexplicably wanted him to -- the potential fallout of pushing 'dropping bodies' mode on Ollie were he to do this, on his conscience, on his mission barely registering with anyone?) -- was what they wanted us to get out of it. How they got there in trying to telegraph that to us? It could have been done better.

But, yeah, a whole slew of the parley stuff could just as easily have been done off-screen. A simple throwaway line from Ollie or Laurel 'I spoke with Nyssa and, yadda yadda' or 'I spoke with Malcolm and blah blah' and they could have saved more screen time for ... more of SC's streets running red with the blood of House Nyssa and House Malcolm and Ollie maybe wrapping his mind around realizing that he needs to do something about Malcolm.

So while on a superficial level they showed that Ollie had the ... moral conviction on principle? clarity of purpose re: what the GA brand/his mission should now represent? ... to stick to his no-kill rule in a situation where everyone on the team would have given him a pass on suspending it this one time re: Malcolm -- they also showed that he becomes a special level of clueless around all things Malcolm. "But Malcolm is Thea's dad" -- never mind 'best before' date in terms of a legit reason not to handle Malcolm somehow -- at this stage of S4, it's a lame and rancid excuse for doing nothing. It may look like he's making a principled stand, they want us to interpret it that way ... but it makes him look like a ditherer and indecisive. (Dammit, Jax -- get Tara and the boys out of Charming already! -Sons of Anarchy fans will get this.)

Speaking of being stupid. Malcolm tells you he knows everything about Oliver including William and Oliver's reaction to that is to do...nothing? Malcolm is furious after Oliver wrestles away his power and Nyssa nullifies the existence of the LoA (Side question - by ending the only organization that recognized her marriage to Oliver, does that count as an annulment?)
          Malcolm knowing that Ollie had a son should have set Ollie's 'Arrow-sense' on fire, prompting him to warn his secret family, or at the very least had someone like Barry give them the heads-up, relocate them, etc. Maybe he'll tell them in the next ep. and they do something about it? It may even be the reason Ollie finally fesses up to Felicity, now that his son is in peril. If not, then it would be especially foolhardy on his part and would make the fallout land even harder if he did appear to do nothing. If he's going to wait until Darkh spells out a specific threat against William (I wouldn't put it past them to do just that), then Ollie will prove Malcolm's "not especially bright" assessment of him as true.

It looks like we can conclude that Nyssa annulled the marriage herself if the LOA is indeed disbanded for good. It seems conclusive that the LOA is a non-entity now. We can't have a marriage if the organization that recognizes it is no more. The only way I could see it being still 'on the books' is if they had to do some paperwork (I know, in the realm of absurdity when we're talking about the LOA) in the country where Nanda Parbat is located. Nothing Ollie or Nyssa can't overturn in some divorce court as being "under duress", though in Ollie/Al Sahhim's case it could also be "under the influence" I think Ollie no longer has a potentially bigamous future as of this ep.

Unless ...

"Ollie (on phone): What do you mean the Elvis Blue Suede Shoes Love Chapel in Vegas says we're also married, Samantha?

Nyssa: You put a ring on Felicity while we are married -- and now you tell me you were already married when we tied the knot? You disappoint me, husband. In my last act as Ra's Al Ghul, I disavow my union with you! By the way, you left your pair of Nike Airs in the Chamber of a Thousand Veils -- fetch them yourself!!

Felicity: Who's Samantha?

Ollie: Living off grasshopper kebobs on Lian Yu is lookin' pretty sweet right about now ... mmm, they were so crunchy, like peanuts ... :"
          Last edited by President_Luthor; 02-12-2016, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Bkwurm1: the jail thing? Really? It has already been covered before that no prison can hold a member of the League if they don't wish to be there. Nyssa, whenever she's been a prisoner of Team Arrow, has remained where she was willingly. Same in Nanda Parbat; she was contemplating how to get her revenge on Malcolm and bring the League back under the control of her family.

Now, something I want to say, and this is to all our regulars: have you all gotten so used to complaining and whining like a bunch of little school children with their knees scraped that when good episodes do come along, you have to go out of your way to find something to complain about? My gosh, this forum barely resembles the forum I joined during the latter half of season one. Have we all gotten so caught up in our grief for what happened in Season 3 (melodrama increase) that when the melodrama begins to clear, or we begin to see a pattern we recognize (as dreamsofnever said, why do all this stuff rapidly if the Olicity relationship was truly end-game?), that we will go out of our way and nitpick? I'll confess, I was guilty of that myself, but looking back over season 4 as it has aired so far, the only actual issue has been that the set-up for "Legends of Tomorrow" really caused some serious damage to "Arrow", moreso than on "The Flash". But I look back with an objective eye, the ONLY episodes I can really complain about are 4x03 and 4x06: there wasn't enough development on the story for Sara's resurrection, to the detriment of Laurel's character (who has been shown to research things heavily in the past, connect the dots), and the episode that should have focused on sending Sara off and the rescue of Ray was overshadowed by Olicity melodrama.

I don't like the Olicity relationship, haven't since Season 3. But I am not gonna let my problems with that overshadow when we actually get good episodes, which, by the way, we have since Episode 9 of this season.

Sorry to the mods, but after watching complaint after complaint be posted in pretty much every forum page, and especially here in the reviews section, I had just about had it. This forum used to be interesting to visit, and occasionally it still is.

I already told evaba, I believe it was, this years ago. But half the stuff I post? I post to drum up discussion. My "sparring posts" with Bkwurm1? I post some of what I do just to see if she can rally and come back hard. She's not yet failed to do so. I did the same with evaba back during Season 2 with Laurel. So before you say, "You complain about us complaining, yet you do the same," take a look at what I've said and how its been responded to. Now, I hope that for most of you, the complaints is just there to do the same thing mine have: drum up discussion. But I somehow doubt it.

As for my low scores to some episodes that I now look back in retrospect on? October is a really bad month for me because of my mother's death 3 years ago. Then November, December, and January are the triad of depression. So I usually take a look back in February or March to consider what I've said in retrospect. I didn't need to say anything in Season 2, nor in Season 3. But this season? Something needed to be said.

Storywise, this episode had to happen. As I said in my review, this was largely the send-off to the LoA storyline and therefore it needed to be explored in detail. Compare this to Slade's send-off episode and I think you'll find the storyline for the League send-off much better.

I suggest all of you really consider whether you're complaints are genuine, or if you're complaining for the sake of complaining.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
              So while on a superficial level they showed that Ollie had the ... moral conviction on principle? clarity of purpose re: what the GA brand/his mission should now represent? ... to stick to his no-kill rule in a situation where everyone on the team would have given him a pass on suspending it this one time re: Malcolm -- they also showed that he becomes a special level of clueless around all things Malcolm. "But Malcolm is Thea's dad" -- never mind 'best before' date in terms of a legit reason not to handle Malcolm somehow -- at this stage of S4, it's a lame and rancid excuse for doing nothing.
              You know, knowing how these writers have worked in the past (for instance, the fact that for many of us there was no indication that Oliver had fallen in love with Felicity prior to his declaration in S3 ep 1 [unless I guess we dutifully read our summer 2.5 season Arrow]), it wouldn't at all surprise me if we were supposed to attribute a great deal of Oliver's current reluctance to kill Malcolm b/c he's Thea's father to Oliver's own newfound experience of how it feels to be a father and his feelings about the importance of a father (even flawed, to put it mildly) in a child's life. Not that Oliver didn't earlier show that reluctance (to kill Malcolm b/c he was Thea's father) but perhaps we're supposed to feel that it's even harder for him now b/c of his own experience. Except since the writers haven't bothered to show us any of the emotional impact of that experience on Oliver, it's much harder to make that connection as a viewer IMO. But again, it wouldn't surprise me if they thought they had done an adequate job of setting that up for us viewers to really "feel" how it would feel for Oliver given the significance of his newfound fatherhood experiences

Comment

Please note my last post in this thread is something I've noted an increase in, or I wouldn't have said anything. I can understand being disappointed in the first half of the season, and Season 3, but I feel people have gone out of the way, and since it is more regulars than newcomers, I just addressed that message to all regulars. I didn't feel the need to single out. Just clarifying.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                  Bkwurm1: the jail thing? Really? It has already been covered before that no prison can hold a member of the League if they don't wish to be there. Nyssa, whenever she's been a prisoner of Team Arrow, has remained where she was willingly. Same in Nanda Parbat; she was contemplating how to get her revenge on Malcolm and bring the League back under the control of her family.

Now, something I want to say, and this is to all our regulars: have you all gotten so used to complaining and whining like a bunch of little school children with their knees scraped that when good episodes do come along, you have to go out of your way to find something to complain about? My gosh, this forum barely resembles the forum I joined during the latter half of season one. Have we all gotten so caught up in our grief for what happened in Season 3 (melodrama increase) that when the melodrama begins to clear, or we begin to see a pattern we recognize (as dreamsofnever said, why do all this stuff rapidly if the Olicity relationship was truly end-game?), that we will go out of our way and nitpick? I'll confess, I was guilty of that myself, but looking back over season 4 as it has aired so far, the only actual issue has been that the set-up for "Legends of Tomorrow" really caused some serious damage to "Arrow", moreso than on "The Flash". But I look back with an objective eye, the ONLY episodes I can really complain about are 4x03 and 4x06: there wasn't enough development on the story for Sara's resurrection, to the detriment of Laurel's character (who has been shown to research things heavily in the past, connect the dots), and the episode that should have focused on sending Sara off and the rescue of Ray was overshadowed by Olicity melodrama.

I don't like the Olicity relationship, haven't since Season 3. But I am not gonna let my problems with that overshadow when we actually get good episodes, which, by the way, we have since Episode 9 of this season.

Sorry to the mods, but after watching complaint after complaint be posted in pretty much every forum page, and especially here in the reviews section, I had just about had it. This forum used to be interesting to visit, and occasionally it still is.

I already told evaba, I believe it was, this years ago. But half the stuff I post? I post to drum up discussion. My "sparring posts" with Bkwurm1? I post some of what I do just to see if she can rally and come back hard. She's not yet failed to do so. I did the same with evaba back during Season 2 with Laurel. So before you say, "You complain about us complaining, yet you do the same," take a look at what I've said and how its been responded to. Now, I hope that for most of you, the complaints is just there to do the same thing mine have: drum up discussion. But I somehow doubt it.

As for my low scores to some episodes that I now look back in retrospect on? October is a really bad month for me because of my mother's death 3 years ago. Then November, December, and January are the triad of depression. So I usually take a look back in February or March to consider what I've said in retrospect. I didn't need to say anything in Season 2, nor in Season 3. But this season? Something needed to be said.

Storywise, this episode had to happen. As I said in my review, this was largely the send-off to the LoA storyline and therefore it needed to be explored in detail. Compare this to Slade's send-off episode and I think you'll find the storyline for the League send-off much better.

I suggest all of you really consider whether you're complaints are genuine, or if you're complaining for the sake of complaining.
                  Completely agree, JD.

I don't exactly remember when I joined but this site has changed so much from when I discovered it in early season 2.

For this season in the first half it were the Legends set up that caused damage but after 4x09 the show has picked up speed.

Even on Olicty which yes I haven't liked the pairing since season 3 and I don't give them any bones to use but I don't let that ruin my enjoyment levels of the show.

Take this last episode for example I came away enjoying it, from the fight scenes, character moments and more. I came here and posted my review then after words when the other regulars started posting it was hating on the episode for every minor little detail.

I'm adding this and for every single one of the regulars who complain to complain. I really can't find any of the new posters on this site who do that. If you guys do have an actual reason to dislike something, I have a hard time telling a difference anymore.

Yes season 1 and 2 were great seasons but enough guys, sure they screwed up in season 3 but enough. Quit living in the bloody past of "oh how great the show" because it starting to sound like the guys who are forty and keeps being stuck in his high school with always talking about the "good old glory days."

Give the show a chance because it is bouncing back and is becoming a good comic book show once more.

I'm at the point of if where besides posting my review and maybe checking out the speculation stuff I might just not come around as frequently. I just don't need the constant negativity about a show that I enjoy watching from people who are acting like little kids.

(Sorry moderators but like JDBentz I had to say this)
                  Last edited by Haggard01; 02-12-2016, 09:51 AM.

Comment

It looks like we can conclude that Nyssa annulled the marriage herself if the LOA is indeed disbanded for good. It seems conclusive that the LOA is a non-entity now. We can't have a marriage if the organization that recognizes it is no more. The only way I could see it being still 'on the books' is if they had to do some paperwork (I know, in the realm of absurdity when we're talking about the LOA) in the country where Nanda Parbat is located. Nothing Ollie or Nyssa can't overturn in some divorce court as being "under duress", though in Ollie/Al Sahhim's case it could also be "under the influence" I think Ollie no longer has a potentially bigamous future as of this ep.

Unless ...

"Ollie (on phone): What do you mean the Elvis Blue Suede Shoes Love Chapel in Vegas says we're also married, Samantha?

Nyssa: You put a ring on Felicity while we are married -- and now you tell me you were already married when we tied the knot? You disappoint me, husband. In my last act as Ra's Al Ghul, I disavow my union with you! By the way, you left your pair of Nike Airs in the Chamber of a Thousand Veils -- fetch them yourself!!

Felicity: Who's Samantha?

Ollie: Living off grasshopper kebobs on Lian Yu is lookin' pretty sweet right about now ... mmm, they were so crunchy, like peanuts ... :"

I'm going to imagine that Oliver and Samantha were next in line at the chapel, waiting for Clark and Alicia to finish their nuptial ceremony (even if the timeline's a bit off, so what...)

Meanwhile, I'm considering becoming an Olyssa shipper (Olyssater? would it be?)

Comment

Most of the reviews have been generally positive (esp. outside this forum) for this episode and I would say much of what they accomplished in this ep needed to be done -- ending the LOA story arc, resolving Thea's bloodlust, Malcolm stepping up as a series alpha-villain, Ollie making a step in "branding" GA as someone who won't resort to killing any more even under dire circumstances, and the connecting theme of children freeing themselves from their father's sins (Ollie, Thea, Nyssa, Felicity). It accomplished much and can be considered an Arrow ep. that largely delivered on pleasing most viewers.

Yeah, sometimes the nitpicking can appear to be a lot (and probably one of the reasons I may choose to stick to the main ep review threads in the second half and not wade into spoilers so much, heading towards the S4 finale) ... but by the same token, we are all viewers with different likes and dislikes. We may not agree with all of them, but we are going to have them. It's a review thread and there are always going to be diverging opinions. Just speaking as an average viewer, I'm not going to be a branch of the WB or The CW PR or marketing department and praise and promote everything they do, flawed or not. I'd like to think I don't criticize the show for the sake of just doing it. Usually it's due to something tangible like plot, story, characterization -- all fair game in a review in my books.

Some of the knee-jerk and more cavalier bashing of characters (or series!) I've never liked, esp. when it's not based on something rooted in characterization or plot, so I can appreciate some of the frustration with seeing those things out in the fandom.

it wouldn't at all surprise me if we were supposed to attribute a great deal of Oliver's current reluctance to kill Malcolm b/c he's Thea's father to Oliver's own newfound experience of how it feels to be a father and his feelings about the importance of a father (even flawed, to put it mildly) in a child's life. Not that Oliver didn't earlier show that reluctance (to kill Malcolm b/c he was Thea's father) but perhaps we're supposed to feel that it's even harder for him now b/c of his own experience. Except since the writers haven't bothered to show us any of the emotional impact of that experience on Oliver, it's much harder to make that connection as a viewer IMO. But again, it wouldn't surprise me if they thought they had done an adequate job of setting that up for us viewers to really "feel" how it would feel for Oliver given the significance of his newfound fatherhood experiences
                      This is probably what they were aiming at, and it's entirely possible they'll address this new fatherhood theme in subsequent episodes aka he didn't want to deny Thea the opportunity to still have a father (yeah, yeah Walter Steele I can see you waving in the back row, lol), in the way his own actions in essence had denied William having a father figure for so long. Ollie has been visiting William mostly off-screen, we can only assume as frequently as he can in secret with only Barry in-the-know, but we probably need to see more of that father-son bond developing.

Comment

Originally posted by JDBentz
                        That makes no sense. Malcolm is handless and Oliver could just as easily make him footless. He can't escape then. And give him to ARGUS.
                        As for my low scores to some episodes that I now look back in retrospect on? October is a really bad month for me because of my mother's death 3 years ago. Then November, December, and January are the triad of depression.
                        I'm sorry for your parent moving on. My dad passed away in December 2014. But depression shouldn't be the way to go. That's not what your mom wants, I'm sure.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by Dagenspear
                          That makes no sense. Malcolm is handless and Oliver could just as easily make him footless. He can't escape then. And give him to ARGUS.I'm sorry for your parent moving on. My dad passed away in December 2014. But depression shouldn't be the way to go. That's not what your mom wants, I'm sure.

God bless you! God bless everyone!
                          On the first bit: It could just be Oliver's idiocy, believing even a one-handed Malcolm could escape from prison, even his prison on Lian Yu.

I've gotten better at handling it, but on occasion it leaks through. Especially since I'm prone to depression when winter weather comes in anyways.

Comment

Ollie has been visiting William mostly off-screen, we can only assume as frequently as he can in secret with only Barry in-the-know, but we probably need to see more of that father-son bond developing.
                            Yes and I've actually been very curious about how he's handled those visits, as I don't know that we even have any confirmation that he ever did tell William he was his father, as opposed to just being a friend. He may still be visiting under that pretense for all we know: Mommy's friend. This is also why it's been hard for me to make any further judgments about Samantha, as well as why Oliver is handling the situation the way he is -- lack of information/details.

Comment

What will happen now with Nyssa? Will she now become part of team ARROW or will they move her to LOT?

Comment

Originally posted by acer15
                                What will happen now with Nyssa? Will she now become part of team ARROW or will they move her to LOT?
                                I could see them having her as part of LOT in Season 2. I think for the remnant of this season, unless Malcolm takes Darhk's place as Big Bad post-4x15 as I suspect he will, she will be in isolation. She would come out of isolation to fight Malcolm alongside Laurel and Oliver, I think.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎