Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "For The Girl Who Has Everything?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those wondering about how the radiation of the Kryptonite could affect Astra, if you look closely in those final sequences before she's stabbed, the blue light which signifies the device is active goes out after she and Martian Manhunter rip a trench in the building opposite them.

Comment

If you put enough thrust behind a stabbing blow, you're going to penetrate what you're trying to stab, even if said thing is supposedly impenetrable. Plus, Alex had the element of surprise on her side.

Having said that, though, Alex was so amped up on adrenaline and anger that I doubt Astra could've stopped the stabbing blow that killed her even if she'd seen it coming.

Comment

They really portrayed the loss and anger Super-girl was feeling in that moment after they removed the black mercy really well. You could easily tell that Supergirl had gone though something traumatic, and were in shock at that moment, as she tried to process what had happened to her. And then the anger that came after it... I practically got goosebumps.
        To me, that was the strongest moment in the ep.

Seeing more of Krypton was fun, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
          They put the Black Mercy in a holding cell or research lab because Hank Henshaw wanted it studied.
          Did they show it, or did he just say it? I can't seem to recall seeing it later in the episode.

Originally posted by JDBentz
          For those wondering about how the radiation of the Kryptonite could affect Astra, if you look closely in those final sequences before she's stabbed, the blue light which signifies the device is active goes out after she and Martian Manhunter rip a trench in the building opposite them.
          Thanks. I was waiting for someone to rip it off or something.

Comment

I thought it was great. The boy they cast for Kal-El was perfect.

Comment

I can see why this episode was their season finale before they were picked up for the back half of the season. This episode made me feel all the feelings and it was really well done imho. Excellent acting all around and the theme of family was just fantastic. I really prefer when they focus on the non-romantic ties that Kara has to everyone. So much more interesting than the love square (pentagon?)

Astra's death was a surprise and I think it was a pretty gutsy move. I like that she redeemed herself somewhat but didn't completely stop fighting for her cause. I really enjoy that she truly believed she was in the right, but was conflicted because of her love for Kara. Unfortunately, Non seems to be a lot more of a one note villain and I'm still surprised that we don't know what the fallout is from Maxwell Lord going missing due to the DEO taking him into custody, but we'll see what happens for the rest of the season. I'm definitely curious to see where they go from here.

Comment

Working...
              X
              😀
              🥰
              🤢
              😎
              😡
              👍
              👎