Forum Whiz

Their spinoff is sitting right in front of their faces. (Wayward Daughters)

I actually really enjoyed tonight's episode in "Don't You Forget About Me". For a filler episode it was actually pretty entertaining as everyone in the episode had good chemistry on screen. It's time for some bada$$ girl hunters and a female Bobby type character in Sheriff Mills to make their own way into the world. I would also like it very much if Krissy from Season 7 (Girl who Sam and Dean saved her father who was also a hunter) also somehow made it into the pack of these girls. I could dig that show.

I know a lot of people on here don't like Sheriff Mills but a Women Of Letters type show totally has some appeal to it for me.

I was thinking this morning that this episode was a test to see if it would fly as a spin-off. There were SO many characters they killed off which would have been outstanding characters in a spin-off....Bobby, Jo and Ellen, Charlie, even Meg. While I'm pleasantly surprised that they didn't kill off Jody Mills, I'm not sure that these three characters can pull off a spin-off right now. Now, IF Bobby was still around, as there was chemistry between the two of them, then that might have flown. I doubt they would resurrect him, because it's just not going to make any sense. The Roadhouse would have been an excellent spin-off....but can't do that either. Even Meg, being "good" would work in either of these ideas because she's the supernatural being that ties it together, much like the opposite of Cas. Lots of missed opportunities here.
    Last edited by SuperSheltie; 02-04-2016 at 05:59 AM.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperSheltie View Post
    I was thinking this morning that this episode was a test to see if it would fly as a spin-off. There were SO many characters they killed off which would have been outstanding characters in a spin-off....Bobby, Jo and Ellen, Charlie, even Meg. While I'm pleasantly surprised that they didn't kill off Jody Mills, I'm not sure that these three characters can pull off a spin-off right now. Now, IF Bobby was still around, as there was chemistry between the two of them, then that might have flown. I doubt they would resurrect him, because it's just not going to make any sense. The Roadhouse would have been an excellent spin-off....but can't do that either. Even Meg, being "good" would work in either of these ideas because she's the supernatural being that ties it together, much like the opposite of Cas. Lots of missed opportunities here.
    Yeah. I get were he's coming from, but I think those girls are WAAAAY to young, and most importantly, too green in the field to convincingly pull off a spin-off. Let's wait and see if they live a few season with their skills maturing a bit first.

Personally my first choice for spin-off would've been bobby and elen/jo as well. Don't count them out just yet though. Anything can happen. Wouldn't be the first time time travel came into play for supernatural, and they could always use that as an excuse to bring those characters back, given CW could bring those actors back under contract, of course.

ugh no I hated that episode, if I wanted to watch a teenage sitcom I'd do that

next week is another filler episode, sigh

It might be kind of cool if they did a spin-off with Ellen and Jo at the Roadhouse between when John was there when Jo's father got killed, and Sam and Dean showing up. WE know their fate...but it would be interesting to see how they would write a series (only a few seasons makes sense) where their end-game is, well, being blown up. Would take too much clever writing I'm afraid.

I have ALWAYS wanted a spin-off of the creation of the Colt. And now with the Men of Letters, doing something on Henry Winchester might be fun, as well as young John with the two small boys and their growing up. Again, we all know how it's going to end up, but them as a family unit of hunters just after Mary was killed would be a nice way of cleaning up some loose ends from the main series....

Forum Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by taftvalue View Post
    ugh no I hated that episode, if I wanted to watch a teenage sitcom I'd do that

next week is another filler episode, sigh
    couldn't have said it better. I wish I skipped this one.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperSheltie View Post
    It might be kind of cool if they did a spin-off with Ellen and Jo at the Roadhouse between when John was there when Jo's father got killed, and Sam and Dean showing up. WE know their fate...but it would be interesting to see how they would write a series (only a few seasons makes sense) where their end-game is, well, being blown up. Would take too much clever writing I'm afraid.

I have ALWAYS wanted a spin-off of the creation of the Colt. And now with the Men of Letters, doing something on Henry Winchester might be fun, as well as young John with the two small boys and their growing up. Again, we all know how it's going to end up, but them as a family unit of hunters just after Mary was killed would be a nice way of cleaning up some loose ends from the main series....
    a Colt spin-off involving Azazel would be a golden oportunity in my opinion, I still think Azazel was the best villain next to Lucifer, such a shame he died so early, but I guess it made sense back then because they planned to have 5 seasons

only with the original actor though, that guy was simply outstanding as Azazel

Quote Originally Posted by demosthenes View Post
    couldn't have said it better. I wish I skipped this one.
    me too, I almost wanted to turn off, oh my god the condom part, how ****ing cringeworthy was that? I don't even..

I was hoping that when the vamp knocked Jody down he'd finally kill that crap character, too bad, can't wait for the next Jody Filler episode -.-
    Last edited by taftvalue; 02-04-2016 at 11:35 PM.

Forum Whiz
    Taft take just a second and humor me. You and I as the rest of the fans of this show are 11 years older than we were when we started watching this show. I will even admit I wasn't completely sold on it when I first started watching in in 2006. The first episode I ever really saw was the one with the little girl with the imaginary friend in the Hotel. I said exactly the same thing about this show. It was Teen Sitcom garbage at first. And I really hated Jensen Ackles character on Smallville something fierce. So believe me man. I had my doubts about this show. It wasn't until the second season finale that I really started to pay attention with a love for it.

These girls are where Sam and Dean were, maybe a little bit before where they were when we started this journey. If you 11 year younger self was introduced to Wayward Daughters back then how much less strongly would you feel? Now I feel I kinda know you a little bit now. So you'll probably scoff at what I just said and still say it sucks. But deep down if you think about it with enough time we both know it could be an awesome show.

They tried to recreate this show verbatim with BLOODLINES and it failed monumentally. A spinoff set in the past would be like the trainwreck Gotham is because we all know where that ends.

But this could be something new, something fresh, and something worth exploring. If not for us now, then the new generation. I would rather it be bred from this show than an entirely new yet stale uninspired idea.
    Last edited by waynedeath1047; 02-10-2016 at 08:05 PM.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by waynedeath1047 View Post
    These girls are where Sam and Dean were, maybe a little bit before where they were when we started this journey. If you 11 year younger self was introduced to Wayward Daughters back then how much less strongly would you feel? Now I feel I kinda know you a little bit now. So you'll probably scoff at what I just said and still say it sucks. But deep down if you think about it with enough time we both know it could be an awesome show.
    The girls are a lot younger then where Sam and Dean were. Sam was about to graduate from college, the girls are about to graduate from high school.