Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Fast Lane?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really enjoyed this episode. It seems like writers are finally experimenting with ways in which the Iris character can be a part of the story. It always baffled me as to why they never touched on this angle seeing as how as a journalist, she'd be more aware of the stories happening on the street. No matter how many gadgets Cisco comes up with, news will always be the beat of a city.

I like learning about all these villains in The Flash, as someone who knows very little about him, it's nice that they are acquainting us with core comic book content. One thing I was surprised to learn is that "team flash" does not really exist. If that's the case they need to discontinue that whole environment, every time we enter STAR labs, a slight claustrophobia always taps on my shoulder...esp when they have a group of them down there.

Comment

Originally posted by LycoX
      I think with Earth-2 Wells calling people by their last names its more him doing it to keep himself from getting too attached to any of them.
      I agree with this. Especially because he usually says it with malice.

I want to say something about the Felicity "back-patting". I agree that the writers have seemingly gone out of their way to make Felicity the star of the Arrowverse. But I thought Barry and Caitlyn's response to Cisco when he asked "who is the best hacker you know?" is a legitimate response from close friends that would say that just to poke fun at their friend. It made me laugh and they quickly moved on from it. Cisco's response was hilarious, as well. I think people are taking the nod to Felicity way too seriously and need to just let it go.

As for the episode itself, seeing Barry at the end make that speech was severely needed for this character. He has yet to feel like a true leader (and future founding member of the freaking Justice League) to this point. Yeah, he's a hero, but The Flash is more than that. I'm glad they took the first steps in making that transition.

Someone mentioned they didn't like Harry foreshadowing his "betrayal". Personally, that worked for me as well. Harry has come off as kind of cold to the S.T.A.R. Labs crew, and him blatantly telling Barry that he would choose his daughter if he had to choose, added yet another layer to this multi-dimensional (no pun intended) character. I thought this episode was extremely well done. Wish Zoom, as a character would be more fleshed out at this point, but they still have nearly half a season to make this happen, especially with the visit to E2 next two weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
        I didn't like it.

The Iris/Wally/Joe parts are painful. The actor playing Wally has not been good at all. Maybe he'll get better, but so far he's one of the worst actors on the show. The other problem I am having is that Iris is a series regular dating back to the pilot. Here, she's playing a supporting role. She's 1000% right and everyone else is wrong. Iris has no conflict. She's like the sage teacher imparting wisdom on our burdened heroes, except the roles should be reversed, unless they're planning on building up Wally into a second series lead behind Barry.

Tarpit was a throwaway character.

The Wells stuff was decent, but not a homerun. The positive to take from it is that "the speech" came from Barry, which shows earned growth from the character. They got that part right.

Not one I need to revisit.
        I enjoyed the ep quite a bit (8/10), but still agree with most of your post. Especially the Wally character. He goes back and forth too much between someone who was emotionally scarred by not having a father in his life, to being easily forgiving and having no animosity towards Joe and Iris at all. It doesn't even look like he is struggling with the issue, but instead is two different characters. Sure part of it is the writing, but the actor has a large role in that character portrayal as well.

Where I disagree is with Wells' character. His actions actually sold the idea that he was struggling with becoming emotionally attached to Team Flash and still wanting to save his daughter. In the end, he tried to do both by coming clean and asking to return to Earth 2 in an attempt to save his daughter on his own. Not sure he could have anticipated Barry and company deciding to go to E2 with him.

As I've said before, they have strayed from comic canon in their character development on all of the shows...which is okay. But IMO what they are doing here is working better than what is happening on Arrow and LoT. While I am a HUGE fan of SA (thus my COSPLAY avatar), JB, CL, and VG, I would have to say at this point Flash is the show I would like to see having the longest lifespan.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan Kenobi
          I agree with this. Especially because he usually says it with malice.

I want to say something about the Felicity "back-patting". I agree that the writers have seemingly gone out of their way to make Felicity the star of the Arrowverse. But I thought Barry and Caitlyn's response to Cisco when he asked "who is the best hacker you know?" is a legitimate response from close friends that would say that just to poke fun at their friend. It made me laugh and they quickly moved on from it. Cisco's response was hilarious, as well. I think people are taking the nod to Felicity way too seriously and need to just let it go.

As for the episode itself, seeing Barry at the end make that speech was severely needed for this character. He has yet to feel like a true leader (and future founding member of the freaking Justice League) to this point. Yeah, he's a hero, but The Flash is more than that. I'm glad they took the first steps in making that transition.

Someone mentioned they didn't like Harry foreshadowing his "betrayal". Personally, that worked for me as well. Harry has come off as kind of cold to the S.T.A.R. Labs crew, and him blatantly telling Barry that he would choose his daughter if he had to choose, added yet another layer to this multi-dimensional (no pun intended) character. I thought this episode was extremely well done. Wish Zoom, as a character would be more fleshed out at this point, but they still have nearly half a season to make this happen, especially with the visit to E2 next two weeks.
          To me, I would have liked if they set up the betrayal aspect a few episodes earlier. Like have Wells say the line in passing to himself or to someone like Cisco when they are thinking he's being particularly like an ass. That way, when Zoom presents his proposal and we all go "Awe snap! We knew it!" Rather than have it all balled into one episode. Draw it out a bit, you know.

As for Zoom, we did get a bit of depth (albeit, one that has been predicted on this forum) that Zoom seems to be a bit addicted to the speed. His reaction to getting it from Wells shows that perfectly. This lets me know that the Speed Serum will probably come into play as an addictive substance and is needed to sustain the speed. At this point, I'm hesitant to believe that Zoom is connected to the speed force at all. But this is for the speculation side. I'll continue there.

Comment

Originally posted by shadow4486
            To me, I would have liked if they set up the betrayal aspect a few episodes earlier. Like have Wells say the line in passing to himself or to someone like Cisco when they are thinking he's being particularly like an ass. That way, when Zoom presents his proposal and we all go "Awe snap! We knew it!" Rather than have it all balled into one episode. Draw it out a bit, you know.

As for Zoom, we did get a bit of depth (albeit, one that has been predicted on this forum) that Zoom seems to be a bit addicted to the speed. His reaction to getting it from Wells shows that perfectly. This lets me know that the Speed Serum will probably come into play as an addictive substance and is needed to sustain the speed. At this point, I'm hesitant to believe that Zoom is connected to the speed force at all. But this is for the speculation side. I'll continue there.

I wonder if Wells will give Zoom a type of anti speed drug and pass it off as the rest of Barry's speed. Seems to easy to have him be defeated that way though.

Comment

Originally posted by Sozzeled
              I wonder if Wells will give Zoom a type of anti speed drug and pass it off as the rest of Barry's speed. Seems to easy to have him be defeated that way though.
              I agree. I would hate that. But...with Wells apparently having a "trust" with Zoom, Zoom might not see it coming. Wells would just have to secure Jesse first but I don't know how he would do that.

I guess if Wells did to Zoom what he did to Barry (fashion a device that would steal his speed) but tell him "Instead of us meeting, I can rig a device that will slowly siphon off The Flash's speed and transfer it directly to you" but in reality it does the opposite. By the time Zoom can realize what's happening, He and Barry are equally as fast as the other and hence the final battle ensues on equal ground.

Again, that's just speculation.

Or, he could make him overdose on what ever he's addicted to and then Zoom may vibrate out of reality and into the Speed Force altogether. How do you get rid of an addict? If you take the drug away, it will make the addict unpredictable (in Zoom's case, dangerous) but if you overdose him, then you eliminate the addict. Harsh way to think but it could work.

Comment

Originally posted by Sozzeled
                I could see Wells giving Zoom something that slows him down enough for Barry to defeat him in an epic battle, but something to defeat him completely, no.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎