Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Bizarro?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Bizarro?"

What did you think?
    10 - It am terrible (Translation: It was great)
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Bizarro likes this episode best (translation: it's the worst)
    0%

It seems to be bizarro all the way around. Cat acting not like herself, max all but spelling out his plans to Alex- max is a little too smug to be lex Luther lite. I really don't understand his hatred of supergirl, but I really don't care. I can't see him lasting past this season unless he gains some humility.

Comment

It was a pretty good episode, with enough twists in the plot I didn't see coming. First and foremost of these was Max getting arrested so quickly. But I have a feeling that he has a contingency beyond the apparently carnivorous alien plant from the end of the episode. He's far to conniving to be so, oh, cavalier with his knowledge. No, he has a plan. The one thing I've learned about Berlanti and his teams is that they never do something like this without a really damn good twist coming up. So I expect there will be far more to this than what we've seen.

Now, on the relationship side of things: Kara/Adam was a bit meh, so I'm glad they didn't drag that out too far. Now, one thing I really want to bring up here: people talk big about chemistry with these shows. Here's the funny as hell part about this particular thing: Melissa Benoist and Blake Jenner are married. One would expect the Kara/Adam thing to at least have some 'chemistry'. There was none, IMO. So I really don't go for the whole chemistry argument, and this furthers my disgust for those who tout chemistry. Doesn't matter, has never mattered. If a married couple can appear opposite one another and not have chemistry in a show, than the idea of chemistry doesn't affect the show itself and those who bend to the whims of idiots who think chemistry matters shouldn't be in charge.

While we're on the topic of this sort of thing: I liked Jimmy and Winn's talk, though if Cat didn't have her own set of alcohol in her office I would be wondering how they're able to drink on the job like they were. The part that really struck me here is that Winn is, so far, showing a very mature way of handling his rejection from Kara. He is distancing himself slightly, but not to the point of being a prick. And tonight he was giving Jimmy advice, bowing out. If he continues to be like this, than I will instantly put him as being much better than Felicity on Arrow, who I have compared him to slightly in the past, because she couldn't help but make snippy comments whenever Oliver's love life was involved. Winn, so far, hasn't made too many of these that I know of, and he has had plenty more chances as a starting regular than Felicity did as a guest star in Season 1.

Bizarro and Supergirl face-off was interesting, and I liked how they seemed to connect in a way at various points. I also liked that Bizarro, despite her programming from Max, was seeing what was wrong with her actions.

All in all, I give this episode a 9/10. It was great, but not spectacular, and I now utilize 10 ratings only for absolutely spectacular episodes.

Comment

I kinda wouldn't have minded seeing Bizarro or perhaps I could say Bizarra stick around a bit longer then what she did.

Comment

So Winn and Jimmy recognize that they are in fact in a love rectangle. I ... guess ... that's a positive: they're not clueless about it.

Bizarro ships Jimmy/Kara. And of course Jimmy would go with the 'I'm there for you' card, after the Adam stuff imploded.

Didn't expect Maxwell to be extraordinarily rendered by the DEO (Max's observation was soo apt). He brought up an issue that the prisoner-collecting crew over on Flash hasn't quite acknowledged yet.

A pretty cool ep. but I'd agree that the Kara/Adam stuff I could do without. Cat and Kara were probably being way too familiar in the workplace (dating the boss' son being up there in the awkward situation scale), so it's no surprise that Cat thought it best to go with professional detachment.

What is up with Winn and Jimmy sharing alcoholic drinks in the workplace? Mad Men called -- they want their questionably acceptable workplace behaviour back.

The Catco HR Department: Most. Ignored. Memos.

Comment

A pretty good ep. I honestly hope we get to see Bizarro again in later eps.

The whole thing with Adam was pretty meh though. And I can't believe that Winn was even suggesting that Jimmy go after Kara when he was still with Lucy. or that Jimmy was even thinking about it. I'm of the mind that if you're with somebody you do your best to stay committed to them for long as possible unless you two don't have the same mutual feelings towards each other. Then in that case you should call that relationship off.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
              A pretty good ep. I honestly hope we get to see Bizarro again in later eps.

The whole thing with Adam was pretty meh though. And I can't believe that Winn was even suggesting that Jimmy go after Kara when he was still with Lucy. or that Jimmy was even thinking about it. I'm of the mind that if you're with somebody you do your best to stay committed to them for long as possible unless you two don't have the same mutual feelings towards each other. Then in that case you should call that relationship off.
              Actually, Winn sort of covered that, too, remember? He said that yes, Jimmy was with Lucy, but it wasn't worth it if one of them has feelings for someone else.

Comment

The romantic angst kind of ruined for me. You can tell they've lined up too many love interests for Kara when Winn starts acting like a Jimmy/Kara shipper. Also, I don't think they properly addressed what he's been going through after the Toyman episode. He just gave Kara the cold shoulder (as if she did anything wrong) and then forgot about it in his discussion with Jimmy. To sum up, I much prefer this show when it isn't romance heavy.

Anyway, Bizarro was very well done and we got a very good taste of how ruthless Lord is. We definitely haven't seen the last of Bizarro although right now the real story is Lord's imprisonment and how it will unfold. Love how blase he was about it though.

I know this is a Supergirl series and all that, but I start to find myself more drawn to Alex. She's quite the badass, doesn't get involved in drama and knows what her mission is. More of her, show.

P.S. Next week's episode seems awfully familiar. Reminds me a labyrinth of sorts.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                  The romantic angst kind of ruined for me. You can tell they've lined up too many love interests for Kara when Winn starts acting like a Jimmy/Kara shipper. Also, I don't think they properly addressed what he's been going through after the Toyman episode. He just gave Kara the cold shoulder (as if she did anything wrong)
                  It wasn't about her doing anything wrong. It was about him needing time on his own after his declaration. He had a right to keep to himself after that issue had been brought up.

God bless you! God bless everyone!

Comment

So, instead of getting Freak of the week episodes, Supergirl is going to feature Boyfriend of the week episodes. If I wanted to watch Pretty Little Liars, or Gilmore Girls I would, nope this show is not for me. To bad really, I thought the show had a lot of promise, the lead is pitch perfect and except for the flying the special effects are pretty good, and Martian Manhunter is the best part of the show. Hurry back Gotham.

Comment

Everybody is apparently forgetting that Blake Jenner's Adam is a recurring character because people keep talking as if his departure last night is permanent when it's not.

He'll be back before season's end, and his romance with Kara will be refocused on.

Comment

I like the show well enough, and Melissa is convincing as Kara/Supergirl, but like its TV cousins Arrow and Flash -- I prefer subplots that aren't revolving around relationship angst. The Bizarro subplot was fine, as was the Lord one. But, man, there was a truckful of angst in this one.

With Adam's presence and both Winn and Bizarro letting Jimmy know that he's 99.999% right that he has a shot at Kara (even though he is supposedly committed to Lucy again ), we are way past a mere love triangle here.

So ... with Adam, Lucy, Jimmy, Winn all linked either directly to Kara or via one of the competitors-for-her-heart, that's currently four entangled a melodrama ship subplot, five if you include Kara herself. That rectangle is in the rear view mirror -- we're now in "love pentagon" territory.

I think story-wise it would be in Kara's best interest to scale back her involvement in all these ships. How many does she need to be a passenger on? When it comes to the excess melodrama stuff, Supergirl is not that different (or better) than Arrow or Flash, unless you count sheer volume of ships. It takes the cake on this front. (The other shoe will also drop on LOT, too. It's only a matter of time, don't worry. )

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎