Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Into the Mystic"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Into the Mystic"?

We start in Ireland with a couple and a baby. The banshee seems drawn to the Dad until the baby starts to cry. The woman seems to know how to banish the Banshee (though the white-blue glow when she sliced her hand confused me at first. That’s angel colors so I wondered how she could be an angel vessel?). And yet…

Back to the Bunker and Sam can’t sleep. Dean comes in and they talk about Sam and about the case and Castiel.
    “Cas’ll be fine. He always is.” Um, Dean…?

The angel following Casifer knows he’s Luci? How? And if they angels know Lucifer is out why aren’t they, you know, doing something? More than sending one lone angel, I mean.

The dude at the retirement home—his wife broke up with him via text and emojis? Yikes. I did wonder why we were learning this info (until later, when it came into play).

Dean pocketing the bottle of the little blue pills. Apparently that was all Jensen’s doing. He did it while shooting the scene and they liked it so much they kept it in. *loving the little things Jensen brings to the role*

The conversation between the boys while digging. “You’re the one who always wanted to go out ‘Blaze of Glory’ style. Preferrably while the Bon Jovi song was playing.” Heh. Then they talk retirement and Sam admits he’s not OK.

The heartbroken guy hears the banshee and dies. The older lady, Mildred, sees it all.

I really liked how they had her believe in the supernatural but not in a ‘wacky’ way (a la the Fairy Lady in “Clap your hands”). Dee Wallace was a delight in the role and her flirting with Dean was so fun.

The deaf girl, Eileen, was interesting as well. I wondered at first if she was going to be the key to defeating the banshee then I wondered if she WAS the banshee in some sort of hidden form. Interesting that Sam knows a little ASL. I took a class myself but only remember a little of it. “Thanks” or “Thank you” happens to be one I did remember so that was nice that I knew it when it happened on screen.

So a gold blade kills banshees. That’s interesting that they didn’t have in the trunk. I guess they can’t carry everything there.

Dean and Casifer have a talk while Sam talks to Mildred.

The reveal that Eileen was the baby was not a surprise. That she’s a MOL legacy was. Makes me wonder how many other legacies there are out there?

Mildred and Eileen’s sign language conversation while Sam was on the phone was hilarious! Mildred calling dibs on Dean and talking about not being into “mountain climbing”? Legit LOLed.

Loved this line:
    “He’s had my back every step of the way, even when I let him down.” Awww.

Mildred giving Dean advice—to follow your heart—but also taking a moment to get her hands on him. *grins*

Dean as the next victim? Didn’t see that coming. Thought it would be Sam since he’s in such a bad place right now. Huh.

Mildred taking out the banshee. Very nice. So great to see one of the ‘victims’ of the supernatural fight back on her own. And an older lady at that? Well done, showrunners!

Mildred talking about Dean pining. I realize they are talking about Amara but honestly, that whole thing is just…ugh. I don’t know, can’t really articulate why I don’t like it but I just don’t.

Eileen is going to keep hunting (did we just find the lead for the spin-off? I would watch that. And I know fans have wanted a female driven show in the SPN universe for a long time. I’ve seen a lot of instant love for her—to the point of “please don’t kill her off, show!”—so yeah.

Sam and Dean talk and Sam tells Dean he should have looked for Dean when he was in Purgatory and that he never forgave himself for not doing it. So happy to have that official canon. It’s always bothered me—and I know it bothered many other fans, who also thought it was OOC of Sam, as well as bugging Jared himself. He has stated publicly (at Cons and in interviews) that he was very unhappy with that. So yeah, glad to have that ‘fixed’ now. (It makes me wonder if TPTB put that in to appease fans, or Jared, or both?)

Dean tells Sam he forgives him, that it’s in the past. All seems well and Sam can finally sleep again but now it’s Dean who is burdened.

Great episode that was a lovely MOTW classic hunt with overtones of the Mytharc and even gave us some closure on dangling plotlines. Also, Misha was terrific as Lucifer pretending to be Cas. Really enjoyed this one.
    10--Postively Mystical!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1--worse than the wail of a banshee
    0%

Angels can recognize other angels....that's been done many many times on this show. Lucifer said, "of all the woods to walk though, I had to pick one with an angel in it..." or something like that. Angel has since been dispatched, so Lucifer's presence on earth is still a secret.....

Comment

Originally posted by SuperSheltie
      Angels can recognize other angels....that's been done many many times on this show. Lucifer said, "of all the woods to walk though, I had to pick one with an angel in it..." or something like that. Angel has since been dispatched, so Lucifer's presence on earth is still a secret.....
      I guess I was just wondering how that angel knew Lucifer was going to be there, how he even knew Luci was out in the first place, that type of thing?

Is there some sort of 'alarm bell' on the cage to let Heaven know if someone gets out?

Comment

The angel did not know Lucifer was going to be there....it was an accidental meeting. I'm sure the angel sensed another angle was in the woods, but was astonished it was Lucifer....and Lucifer's existence on Earth is still a secret....at least for now.

Comment

Working...
        X
        😀
        🥰
        🤢
        😎
        😡
        👍
        👎