No announcement yet.

Would you like to see Metamorpho on The Flash

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would you like to see Metamorpho on The Flash

In the comics, Rex Mason was trapped in the bowels of an Egyptian pyramid and exposed to radiation from a meteorite, changing into Metamorpho. This sounds like it could be the meteor that cursed Savage and the Hawks.

Season 1, episode 2 featured Simon Stagg and Java, and with characters like King Shark and Grodd already on the show why not Metamorpho.

I mainly remember that character from the cartoon series Justice League, so to me his origins there was slightly different. But judging by the wiki entry I read on this character, it sounds like he would be more suited to Legends of Tomorrow.

This character is apparently ageless and have lived though a few eras. Also, He traveled though time in the comics.... he was superman's replacement in the future.

That just screams Legends of Tomorrow to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Aurora Moon
      I mainly remember that character from the cartoon series Justice League, so to me his origins there was slightly different. But judging by the wiki entry I read on this character, it sounds like he would be more suited to Legends of Tomorrow.

This character is apparently ageless and have lived though a few eras. Also, He traveled though time in the comics.... he was superman's replacement in the future.

That just screams Legends of Tomorrow to me.
      You are right of course, I would want him to end up on Legends, but I think The Flash would do a better job of launching a character like this. Flash has already established Stagg industries is based in Central City. Since Legends wants to rotate team members, Metamorpho would make a good replacement for Firestorm.

Comment

To be honest, I'm sick and tired of Flash (and arrow) being used to launch characters in crossovers, etc. That's what kind of soured me on Crossovers, espeically when they force you to watch other shows like Arrow when you stopped watching it a while back, just so you know what happened to the character.

Comment

To be honest, I'm sick and tired of Flash (and arrow) being used to launch characters in crossovers, etc. That's what kind of soured me on Crossovers, espeically when they force you to watch other shows like Arrow when you stopped watching it a while back, just so you know what happened to the character.
          Fair point. I personally watched very little of Arrow season 3, but felt obligated to watch the first few episodes of Arrow just for the legends set up. I do think The Flash could fashion an organic Metamorpho mini arc centered around Joe having to investigate Simon Stagg's disappearance. Such a story would feel right for The Flash, and would be able to introduce Sapphire and Rex without being forced. Legends with its shorter season and focus on action makes it a poorer vehicle for launching new characters.

Comment

I guess so. as long as they didn't find some convoluted reason to bring it over to Arrow too...

Comment

I get where you're coming from but this is the way Hollywood operates now. Seemingly, they are afraid to try new things without 'guaranteed" viewership. So they will introduce a character, see how the ratings go, run some focus groups, talk to some feedback and then decide if they want to show him again (Or give him his own spinoff show). It's dumb but no body wants to lose money on a failed venture.

That being said, I'd love to see Metamorpho in any form on any show for any reason. I've always been a fan of the charcter from the Outsider comics and think he could be pulled off well with today's technology. He wouldn't necessarily need to be multi toned like in the comics (with the white face) but it could totally work.

Comment

I think if they were going to do Metamorpho they would have had to leave Simon Stagg alive. One of Metamorpho's major story arcs is his rivalry with his father-in-law Stagg and his henchman Java. They sort of shot themselves in the foot there when they killed off Simon.

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎