Forum Whiz

Michael (AKA The Elephant In The Cage)

So what are we really supposed to make of Michael supposedly not adjusting to prison life? Are the writers too lazy to come up with something brilliant enough to justify his appearance? Was his mental state a lie by Lucifer in order to manipulate Sam? Are the writers saving him for another pivotal role? Why hasn't Jake Abel at least made an appearance as a crazy Michael? Or if anything have Matt Cohen come back and play him instead of Lucifer unlike earlier in the season. I can't seem to understand why it's not ALL HANDS ON DECK in this situation. Throw away comments about pivotal characters really aren't cutting it for me. How do you all feel?

Well either the actors are not avaiable currently or they don't know what to do with him (yet).

Honestly I don't really mind, Lucifer was always the more interesting one and I think Michael would for now anyway only diminish Lucifer's impact on the story. They can have him return later on but if he were already on Earth now, he'd only interfere with him and we'd see less of Lucifer having his way with the world and interacting with Sam & Dean.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by taftvalue View Post
    Well either the actors are not avaiable currently or they don't know what to do with him (yet).

Honestly I don't really mind, Lucifer was always the more interesting one and I think Michael would for now anyway only diminish Lucifer's impact on the story. They can have him return later on but if he were already on Earth now, he'd only interfere with him and we'd see less of Lucifer having his way with the world and interacting with Sam & Dean.
    Ditto. Don't forget, pre-hell's cage Michael was obsessed with following God's orders for the end of the world. So releasing him now might not be such a good idea. If that's how he was sober, just imagine what a crazed Archangel can do.

Also, I have a hunch that we won't see ANY other Archangel again, a least not until closer to the end of Amara's saga and/or end of show when God brings them all back and unites them against either Amara or yet ANOTHER big bad that only he and his Angel minions can defeat. I'm hoping that it's Amara and that when her end finally comes it also brings the end of the show with it.