No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "The Reverse Flash Returns?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by President_Luthor
    It was good to see them make an effort to show (albeit in a convoluted way) that messing with the timeline has consequences. There has to be serious ramifications (otherwise Barry could just reset things without consequence whenever there's a slip-up) and showing a core member of the team getting blowback from such events is one way to do that.

It make sense that Patty would figure out Barry = Flash esp. after linking him to STARLabs. (I think the cops on these series, in a perfect world, should be most likely to unravel secret identities ahead of anyone else.) It's too bad that one of the few "ships" in this DCTV universe that evolved naturally and actually work without seeming forced is over (for now). Barry had his version of keeping secrets to protect people, which was hard to buy, but at least the way they ended it on the train was done well -- with her knowing his identity and Barry essentially letting her know that her suspicions were confirmed.

The Wally West stuff and the Caitlin-Jay subplot were the minuses, as I'm not all that invested in either subplot. Jay needing to find Zoom to survive is about a tenuous a link they could have to justify the continued Caitlin-Jay melodrama. (Again, I must ask: was there some unknown upswell in the fandom that's been secretly clamouring for a) Caitlin to get back on the shipping train soon after Ronnie's demise and b) Jay to be involved in a ship all his own? I know I wasn't. ) Jay would still need to find Zoom and Caitlin could still help Jay in her STARLabs role ... all without entangling them in a ship soap too. If there is a plus, it's that committing Jay to a relationship with a Team Flash member likely means they're invested in the Jay character beyond that of a minor guest role.

I find it slightly amusing re: Wally that, when they want to show that a character is on the fringes of society aka being an "outlaw" or rebel, they have him opt for ... street-racing. I guess it's considered acceptably "cool" criminality in their PG-13 universe, as opposed to making him a robber, thief or a drug pusher. Heck, Arrow's Roy was a purse snatcher -- which might even be too extreme in sunnier, happier Central City.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they kind of give the feeling that Thea was abusing drugs during Oliver's time away?

Anyway, the Reverse Flash being back was a catch-22 for me. I absolutely love the RF character and I'm glad that he's back in it to stay (for now). The downfall here is that I didn't like the explanation particularly. I get what Harry is trying to say, but it really fell flat for me. But if that's the price to pay to have RF back, I'm all for it.

As for the Hunter Zolomon reveal, that is quite interesting. For one, why is his name different then his E2 doppelgänger? Secondly, what connection does he have to Zoom? Considering most of us know Hunter Zolomon shares a name with a particular, aforementioned speedster, I'm quite interested to see how this plays out.

Comment

THey did more then a feeling where Thea was concerned. They had her buying drugs off some dealer in a season 3 flash back or attempting too until Tommy stopped it and later Oliver snapped the drug dealer's neck.

Comment

I find it slightly amusing re: Wally that, when they want to show that a character is on the fringes of society aka being an "outlaw" or rebel, they have him opt for ... street-racing. I guess it's considered acceptably "cool" criminality in their PG-13 universe, as opposed to making him a robber, thief or a drug pusher. Heck, Arrow's Roy was a purse snatcher -- which might even be too extreme in sunnier, happier Central City.

I figured the street racing thing was something they could use to connect him with being obsessed, so to speak, with speed. At least that's how I interpreted it.

Comment

They did that "street racing rebel" thing with Pete Ross too on Smallville, if I recall correctly. So I definitely noticed the same thing President Luthor did.

Comment

Yeah, my problem is that every time they show Wally either drag racing or even just standing around his car, I keep thinking Pete "The Boss" Ross is going to come roaring up with his kryptonite-powered car ...... it's very distracting, but of course my fault for watching too much SV
            Last edited by Shelby Kent; 01-28-2016, 05:02 PM.

Comment

I have to admit the first thing that popped to my mind when Wally was street racing was Pete. I completely blanked about any link to racing and speed. Maybe in an alternate earth, Pete is like Toretto from the Fast and Furious franchise -- making bank as a driver-for-hire with his crew of like-minded ne'er-do-wells with tricked-out muscle cars.

At least we can be 100% confident that Wally's superpower is going to be speed -- and not taking things in Stride: The Ridiculously Long Lasting Gum.

Comment

I have to admit the first thing that popped to my mind when Wally was street racing was Pete. I completely blanked about any link to racing and speed. Maybe in an alternate earth, Pete is like Toretto from the Fast and Furious franchise -- making bank as a driver-for-hire with his crew of like-minded ne'er-do-wells with tricked-out muscle cars.

At least we can be 100% confident that Wally's superpower is going to be speed -- and not taking things in Stride: The Ridiculously Long Lasting Gum.

uh oh now I've got that One Republic song stuck in my head!

Poor ole' Pete. I always liked him. He kind of got sidelined and then kept getting stuck with petty-jealousy-of-Clark type stories, so it's kind of nice to think of him having such an exciting life (albeit a "racy" one, pun intended) in an alternate existence, lol

Comment

Working...
                X
                😀
                🥰
                🤢
                😎
                😡
                👍
                👎