No announcement yet.

Justice League (2017)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• From CBR:

Citing anonymous insiders, Variety reports that extensive reshoots, spread out over two months between London and Los Angeles, cost about “approximately $25 million,” compared to the $6 million to $10 million a typical film spends on additional photography.

That two-month window has complicated the lives of some of Justice League‘s stars, like Ezra Miller and Henry Cavill, who have already moved on to other projects. Miller’s schedule has been relatively easy to accommodate, as the sequel to Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them is also a Warner Bros. film. However, the site contends Cavill’s situation is a bit more tricky, as he’s forced to split time between Justice League and Paramount’s Mission: Impossible 6. Cavill grew a mustache for the latter role, which he’s not permitted to shave, which means the facial hair will have to be digitally removed from reshoots.

There’s also the the matter of the credits for Justice League after director Zack Snyder stepped aside in the wake of a family tragedy and was replaced by Joss Whedon. Variety asserts Whedon won’t be listed as co-director, but may receive a producer or a screenplay credit.

Comment

• We have come full circle. It started with people upset about Cavill's lack of hair, and now there's a problem with him having too much. It's the perfect metaphor for this ass-backwards universe they're creating.

It truly is a... *Puts on sunglasses*... Backward Galaxy.

"Won't Get Fooled Again" plays...

Comment

• Warner Bros. released a brand new Justice League trailer over the weekend, and they’re promoting it on various social media platforms. Batman News reader @df38387 spotted a Justice League ad …

Snapchat advertisement for Justice League

Comment

• Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
          We have come full circle. It started with people upset about Cavill's lack of hair,
          Cue the All in the Family opening: "Those were the days."

and now there's a problem with him having too much. It's the perfect metaphor for this ass-backwards universe they're creating.
          Maybe he'll play Bizarro, who's bald with a mustache.

I wonder if Cavill's mustache exceeds two inches across.

Comment

• Originally posted by nate-dog1701d
            I must have missed the movie where Superman was a beacon to the world who made people see the best parts of themselves.

All these are all instances showing Superman being a Beacon of Hope.

Comment

• ^ To be fair, MANY of those examples would not be public knowledge. For example, he saved Lois in that village at the beginning of BvS, but the public views that as a colossal misfire in which he slaughtered the rebels and innocent civilians. He never got to testify on his behalf before Congress. This is merely one example. Saving Martha Kent is listed as an example, but Martha was the only person there to see it. He saved Lois from burning up in the atmosphere, but she was the only one there to see it. I suppose we could guess that she told everyone in a feature article or something, but we don't know that to be true.

But beyond that, while I would argue that the presentation of Superman has simply been pathetic, it isn't just about what he's done. It's also about the literal representation of the reaction to his presence. BvS went out of its way to tell us that the public response to Superman was decidedly mixed, that the government refused to back him, and that subsets of the population were so furious over his mere existence that they were willing to terror bomb a Senate hearing to get their point across.

Whether or not he truly acted as a beacon of hope isn't just about how cinema-going audiences responded to the presentation of Superman and his acts of heroism. It's also about what Snyder literally told us was the response to him in the movie-verse itself.

Comment

• This issue with the reshoots and their schedules has me thinking ...Superman is in the movie! (which is of course "no duh!!!"). Henry Cavill is most affected by the reshoots thus confirming his presence in the film; not to mention that social media has teased him in the film and some posters released, had him literally dead center. Even with the latest trailer we see Alfred talking to someone and all we can see of said person is a reddish shoulder on the lower right of the screen. So why do they need to hide Superman in the trailers? I understand they want to surprise the audience when he shows up but, the trailers don't show the chronicle order of the film; for all we know he could be featured prominently in the film or show up for 5 minutes at any point in the film. Will they show him in a trailer closer to the premiere?

Comment

• Everyone knows he's in the film. They teased us at the end of BvS that he was going to come back to life. That's not really the issue.

Some have suggested that Superman starts off as a baddie, that Steppenwolf mind controls him or something. Some have suggested they're using his death and ressurrection to retool their presentation of him in some way. If the reshoots involve a lot of his scenes in particular, would this shock you? Would it shock anyone to find out that Whedon told WB, "Hey, folks, I gotta shoot some stuff with him smiling to cater to the people calling him mopey".

I think they're hiding him because they don't want to tell us how they're using him. That's all.

Comment

• Those are examples of Superman saving people, which I wasn't disputing. There's a significant difference between that and being a beacon of hope that inspires people to be their best selves.

Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                    But beyond that, while I would argue that the presentation of Superman has simply been pathetic, it isn't just about what he's done. It's also about the literal representation of the reaction to his presence. BvS went out of its way to tell us that the public response to Superman was decidedly mixed, that the government refused to back him, and that subsets of the population were so furious over his mere existence that they were willing to terror bomb a Senate hearing to get their point across.
                    I agree with everything you said, but especially this. Aside from a few segments of the population that apparently worshiped him, he was hardly presented as an inspiration on a large scale, and I'm not sure there's any evidence to suggest the worshipers "saw the best parts of themselves." It's a particularly odd line coming from Bruce.

Comment

• Comment

• That looks like a meme in the making.

Comment

• As weird as the news that they have to digitally erase Cavill's mustache from the film, here's what it actually takes to remove it...

http://www.businessinsider.com/henry...-remove-2017-7

Comment

• From what that article says, it seems to be commonplace. Reshoots frequently coincide with the actors' other obligations (Ewan McGregor's beard and hair were fake at some parts of AOTC because he was shaved for a new role while filming reshoots). Don't get why so much fuss was made (again) about a DCEU movie facing a common problem.

Although some of those photos of Supernan and his 'stache were hilarious.

Comment

• I think the fuss had more to do with the perceived annoyance factor on the part of Cavill. Some have suggested he's frustrated by the amount of reshoots.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎