Forum Whiz

11x10 was the best episode of this show in over 5 years.

Everything about this episode was pitch perfect. The laughs were there. The action was there. The writing was solid. All I have been asking for is the great moments where they throw back to the past and remember where they came from and Sam telling the devil to shove it showing that he has grown as a character is huge. We were in danger of this season becoming a cover song of season 5 and we are now nowhere near it. The midseason finale was good, not great, felt it was rushed and they could have stayed a bit on certain beats but they totally nailed the landing here.

The twist was absolutely amazing at the end of it despite Cas being put on the sidelines yet again and really showed a weakness to him that is unfortunate but going through all that he has it's no suprise he is starting to crack under the weight of everything. I can't really think of anyone else on this show being more of an unsung hero than Castiel is. The angel on angel possession was unexpected up til the point Cas was in the cage and then I figured he was either going to get left in hell or exactly what happened. I wonder if he is still in there or if Lucifer has completely taken over his body? The rules changing on possession are getting a lot more murky which is unfortunate. But the rules aren't really written so what are you gonna do?

We all know this show needed this kick in the pants. Everyone has been wondering how long this show can last but if they can keep up this level of execution then I am fine with it going for as long as the ideas keep coming.

Rowena died a great death at the hands of the perfect person to do it. Now I wonder if she will come back as a demon? This show may have taken the long way around but we are back at the level of writing this show was at season 4 and 5. I am so happy I could punch the air for hours!

The shots fired at LUCIFER on FOX was amazing. I laughed and rewound that part 5 times because I have said all along that might have been a great comic book but as a show it's stupid, redundant, and worthless.

Man I have been longing for the weeks where I used to say "I can't wait for Supernatural" and ending that sentence with " to come on" and not "to end" and now I can say that with pride! WELCOME BACK BOYS! BRAVO!
    Last edited by waynedeath1047; 01-20-2016 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by waynedeath1047 View Post
    Everything about this episode was pitch perfect. The laughs were there. The action was there. The writing was solid. All I have been asking for is the great moments where they throw back to the past and remember where they came from and Sam telling the devil to shove it showing that he has grown as a character is huge. We were in danger of this season becoming a cover song of season 5 and we are now nowhere near it. The midseason finale was good, not great, felt it was rushed and they could have stayed a bit on certain beats but they totally nailed the landing here.

The twist was absolutely amazing at the end of it despite Cas being put on the sidelines yet again and really showed a weakness to him that is unfortunate but going through all that he has it's no suprise he is starting to crack under the weight of everything. I can't really think of anyone else on this show being more of an unsung here than Castiel is. The angel on angel possession was unexpected up til the point Cas was in the cage and then I figured he was either going to get left in hell or exactly what happened. I wonder if he is still in there or if Lucifer has completely taken over his body? The rules changing on possession are getting a lot more murky which is unfortunate. But the rules aren't really written so what are you gonna do?

We all know this show needed this kick in the pants. Everyone has been wondering how long this show can last but if they can keep up this level of execution then I am fine with it going for as long as the ideas keep coming.

Rowena died a great death at the hands of the perfect person to do it. Now I wonder if she will come back as a demon? This show may have taken the long way around but we are back at the level of writing this show was at season 4 and 5. I am so happy I could punch the air for hours!

The shots fired at LUCIFER on FOX was amazing. I laughed and rewound that part 5 times because I have said all along that might have been a great comic book but as a show it's stupid, redundant, and worthless.

Man I have been longing for the weeks where I used to say "I can't wait for Supernatural" and ending that sentence with "come on" and not "to end" and now I can say that with pride! WELCOME BACK BOYS! BRAVO!
    You touched on some really great points Wayne. I think the most important thing we can take away from this episode is that we've finally hearkened back to the level of Supernatural that we all love. The episode embodied everything that makes Supernatural so awesome. I really can't wait to see how this story plays out in the next 13 episodes!

I thoroughly enjoyed it as well! Loving this season! There is another forum that I lurk at from time to time and they are ridiculing this episode lol! I can't understand it... They are bashing this episode because of Castel being possessed and not pulling off Lucifer's traits well (did we even see the same episode as them?! He did a great job! Maybe they think he will be killed off?), Sam being blamed again for not looking for Dean after killing Dick and saying basically Carver is screwing over Sam's character(I thought Lucifer calling out Sam was great tonight! I don't see how they could complain about that. Sure it wasn't characteristic of Sam at the time not to look but Sam thought he was doing the right thing at the time. He deserved a chance at a regular life just like Dean did in season 6.), not even realizing who tried to smite Amara and why she had smiting sickness(really?! She was so OBVIOUSLY STUNNED FROM THE BLAST DUH! They explained that! Talk about talking out of your @ss!), and crying about how Rowena didn't see that snappy decision coming from Lucifer(Lucifer is every witches hero! Everyone knows that whether they watch this show or not! She was cunning but naive and didn't know Lucifer's real character like Sam, Dean, and Cas) I don't understand the thoughtless criticism from those weirdos?! They don't seem to understand that the viewer has the ultimate perspective and not every character can see what the other one is up to or what their intentions are like we can as the viewers. It's very strange... They all seem like whacky people who just watch the show for the attractive actors. I guess I'm just as bad for criticizing them but it just kind of ruined my experience after enjoying the episode so much. I'm not just a mindless fan boy either... I've been very critical of the show for the past couple of seasons but I certainly don't b!tch when it's been so obviously fantastic this season. Sorry for the long, annoyed post! I just though you guys should read what some nuts are saying on forums.previously.tv for a good laugh! Wait a little while after watching the show to check it out so it doesn't bring you down from a good show high like it did to me! Hahaha! Can't wait for next week! Eeeekk!

Forum Whiz
    Noone has been more critical of this show over the last two seasons on this forum than I have. And I have been down right nasty in some posts even getting into fights with people on here for their blind loyalty. All I care about is the writing. Everything else is set dressing. :-D
    Last edited by waynedeath1047; 01-20-2016 at 11:06 PM.

Yeah being critical when it's due is fine with me. I guess not everyone has to like this season but I can't see why they wouldn't though. It's been very fluid, connected, and interesting unlike the past couple that only contained parts of a solid show. I could only think of two extremely minor complaints and those could be resolved very shortly or by the end of the season...
    Last edited by sino8r; 01-20-2016 at 11:16 PM.

Posting Pro
    The episode was great and I was really into it during the episode but now looking back at it is' an eh episode. I feel like it's an episode that if you marathon the entire season you will love as a lot happened that finished stuff but also opened up what seems to be the rest of the season.

With that said it gave me massive hope for the rest of the season as it just feel's like that was almost the start of a new arc (feels like we will certainly get a S12 with "cas" now being Lucifer) so I'm expecting there to be a lot of stuff between cas/lucifer and probably some interference by God as he clearly has a soft spot for Cas

awesome episode, the only thing I don't like is that Lucifer is no longer portrayed by Mark Pellegrino from now on, but that was inevitable considering his old vessel 'Nick' was destroyed years ago

Misha (Castiel) pulled him off pretty nicely I think, you could tell it was Lucifer just from looking at his face
    Last edited by taftvalue; 01-21-2016 at 06:08 AM.

I imagine Mark would reprise his role in flashbacks or when Lucifer leaves Cas' vessel. Of all the ways they could have done this, having Cas be Lucifer's vessel is about the best thing I could have hoped for. It gives Misha a much needed chance to use his talent, and it obviously will culminate in a big war between Heaven and Hell, with Cas right in the middle.

Cas has always been portrayed as God's "favorite" and heck even in Swan Song the notion that he was actually God was addressed...he's been brought back more times than Sam and Dean, and when the picture of him with the message on his chest came out, everybody thought it was God's message....not Amara's. So now we have Amara using Cas and now Lucifer using Cas....two of the biggest bads ever....Cas has made countless mistakes over the years....souls, Leviathan, Metatron, etc., and obviously, the ultimate one with Lucifer. I'm worried that Cas might never come back from this....

Forum Whiz
    Why did they kill off Rowena? She was so wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Quark View Post
    Why did they kill off Rowena? She was so wonderful.
    speak for yourself lol, I'm glad she's gone

Quote Originally Posted by taftvalue View Post
    speak for yourself lol, I'm glad she's gone
    I'm glad she's gone in that it seemed like the writers didn't know what to do with her character, but I'm disappointed that yet another female character got the ax. I get that the show is about two brothers, but that doesn't mean their can't be a supporting cast that includes women. The only one left now is Jody. You could count the other sheriff who's name escapes me at this moment, or Cas's daughter, but they don't hold the same weight as someone like Jody, Ellen, Jo or Abby.

I think Jody is going to get the ax in the episode with her returning. I don't know why they just can't let her be.

Quote Originally Posted by Axalon View Post
    I'm glad she's gone in that it seemed like the writers didn't know what to do with her character, but I'm disappointed that yet another female character got the ax. I get that the show is about two brothers, but that doesn't mean their can't be a supporting cast that includes women. The only one left now is Jody. You could count the other sheriff who's name escapes me at this moment, or Cas's daughter, but they don't hold the same weight as someone like Jody, Ellen, Jo or Abby.
    The only female characters I ever liked were the old ones (old as in, they appeared in earlier seasons):

Ruby, Meg, Anna, Jo and Ellen

Those I liked, especially Ruby.

Charlie and Rowena were just both annoying, especially Charlie. I mean her whole character was basically 'look feminists we can do a female character that's a nerd'.

It felt forced and awkward. The sad part? The actress actually is a nerd irl! Now I don't wanna bring politics into this , Lord knows I've had enough of it, but usually when creative minds are compelled to write characters the way others want them to be, the result is anything but good.

As for Rowena.. I don't know, she never seemed to grow as a character, she's been a ***** since day one and I guess that's fine if that's what the character was supposed to be.. but all those possibilites, those hinted at emotions that she still had for her son, it all never came to be. Right when she began to be anything but an evil, sad woman and began to open up (though through force) she had her neck snapped by Lucifer. Her accent was also annoying, lol.
    Last edited by taftvalue; 01-24-2016 at 01:05 PM.

Forum Whiz
    Quote Originally Posted by taftvalue View Post
    awesome episode, the only thing I don't like is that Lucifer is no longer portrayed by Mark Pellegrino from now on, but that was inevitable considering his old vessel 'Nick' was destroyed years ago

Misha (Castiel) pulled him off pretty nicely I think, you could tell it was Lucifer just from looking at his face
    Misha is really going to be able to show his acting range. There would be two awesome ways to pull this off and I would take either but I think the latter is going to be the case.

A. Misha plays almost schizophrenic switching back and forth between Castiel and Lucifer in a similar fashion to Jim Carrey have in Me, Myself, and Irene when his two personalities are arguing towards the movie OR B. they have Mark still in the show much like they did with Sam in Season 7 with Lucifer by his side.

I personally would take either one because all of Mark and Mischa's scenes together have been electric but if this means we get more Mischa Collins for the money (And you better believe he is getting paid for two roles now) then I am sound as a pound.

It could also be a bit of both like there is a realm with the two of them standing in a room in his head conversing with each other kind of like in Doctor Who when Matt Smith was almost upgraded by the Cybercontroller.

But that might take up valuable screen time for actually pushing the plot forward. Keep in mind the rules of possession aren't really written. Castiel while not quite as powerful as Lucifer is still an angel AND for all we know he may be able to cast Lucifer out at any moment he feels they are getting screwed.

Anyway, just a few stray thoughts.