Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Took them long enough to drop a longer official-ish trailer. To me, the giant fleet of perfectly aligned Star Destroyers stood out the most.

Quote Originally Posted by AsteroidMike View Post
    Took them long enough to drop a longer official-ish trailer. To me, the giant fleet of perfectly aligned Star Destroyers stood out the most.
    Looks ridiculous when seeing the Resistance Fleet is a few small X-wings and such. At least in Return of the Jedi the rebel fleet consisted of Admiral Ackbar's larger cruiser class ships as well as these smaller fighter class ships. I don't see how the Resistance would even stand a chance. Oh that's right, Leia can fly through space like Superman.

Current worldwide gross: $1,073,294,598. It's currently the 8th highest grossing movie of 2019. Prior to its release, I figured that it would end up in the top three grossing movies of 2019, when you look at the track record of recent Star Wars movies (not counting Solo): TFA (#1), Rogue One (#2) and TLJ (#1).* Sure, looking at Box Office Mojo, it's still grossing money, but it won't break into the top five grossing movies.

The top five grossing movies of 2019:
    1) Avengers Endgame ($2,797,800,564).
    2) The Lion King ($1,656,943,394).
    3) Frozen II ($1,448,824,988)
    4) Spider-Man: Far From Home ($1,131,927,996).
    5) Captain Marvel ($1,128,274,794).

* Not to mention the older movies: ANH (#1), ESB (#1), RotJ (#1), TPM (#1), AotC (#4), RotS (#2).
    Last edited by jon-el87; 03-04-2020 at 02:44 AM.

Forum Regular
    I saw a version of Episode 9 on Disney Plus. Was it the version that was shown on the screen? I don't know. It's a so-so movie. It would have a little bit better if it wasn't a Star Wars movie.

Yeah, it was that awful.

But in this movie's defence, the previous 2 movies caused it to be so awful.

I just purchased this thing to finish the Skywalker saga. I simply skip the celebration scene. I'll never watch it again.

New In Town
    Quote Originally Posted by costas22 View Post
    Yeah, it was that awful.

But in this movie's defence, the previous 2 movies caused it to be so awful.
    This.

WIth the dumpster fire that the episodes VII and VIII were, it'd have taken one hell of an effort and an awesome writer to come up with a great Episode IX. It's as if you were riding shotgun on a car, and the driver started driving at full speed towards a wall, only to hand you the wheel a mere 15 yards before said wall.

I don't always agree with John, but I think that most of his points here are on the mark. Though, when it comes to "Kylo's redemption", I don't feel that it was a proper "redemption" (earned or unearned). He changed because of Leia using her force powers. When he dies, her body vanishes. Establishing that they've been linked, since she did the force thing. Kylo Ren didn't redeem... he was essentially being mind controlled by his mom.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234