Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Childish Things" Countdown/LIVE Discussion Thread!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
    People still say "on video" even though it could mean on blu-Ray, on DVD...certain terms are old school but, refer to newer technology.
    i still say dvd when refering to bluray. lol but ya sometimes i catch myself saying that.

Comment

Originally posted by superhippie2000
      i wish clark on smallville did stuff like that. always hoped the episode with the damn bursting he would have froze it rather than used heat vision.
      Better special effects...10-15yrs ago they didn't have the right special effects.

Comment

pretty good episode. im liking the series a bit more than before.

Comment

Maxwell Lord knows Alex is sisters with Supergirl.

Comment

i still say dvd when refering to bluray. lol but ya sometimes i catch myself saying that.
            I still have a working VHS player and still watch them sometimes.

Comment

Was that a Red Martian?

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17
                I still have a working VHS player and still watch them sometimes.
                i have tons of vhs tape and a vcr but its kind of crappy and doesnt play well anymore. :/

Comment

i have tons of vhs tape and a vcr but its kind of crappy and doesnt play well anymore. :/
                  We have DVD/VHS combo player...I don't think we've watched either or in 10-15yrs. Nowadays its streaming or I download it to a flashdrive and plug it into the blu-ray or directly into the tv.

I feel old cause I still remember using floppy disks in high school and that was 2000
                  Last edited by darkphoenix21; 01-18-2016, 07:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                    Yeah, that was predictable.
                    I'm just wondering Kara didn't use her Xray vision to determine that.

Comment

Here's what I'm wondering, why didn't Kara just make a hole into the floor instead of flying all the way down to the basement?

Comment

i wish clark on smallville did stuff like that. always hoped the episode with the damn bursting he would have froze it rather than used heat vision.
                        A little late in this conversation but ice would expand and cause the dam to break apart even more with its weight and the weight of the ice pulling on it. Eventually it would melt and I am not sure how the engineer is going to solve that one in fixing the dam when it is frozen like that. They would have to wait and be clear of the area from falling debris, but then....you have all that water behind it. I suppose they could fix it if Clark hung around but this was before he was coming out as Superman.

So I "think" the heat ray was the getter route to go.

Comment

Originally posted by protege
                          I'm just wondering Kara didn't use her Xray vision to determine that.
                          She is just getting use to tricky villains? She will know better now in how to deal with that villain as well as other villains or supervillains.

Originally posted by LycoX
                          Here's what I'm wondering, why didn't Kara just make a hole into the floor instead of flying all the way down to the basement?
                          Probably because the owner's of the property insurance may not cover the damage? I am sure if somebody's life was at stake as that knowledge would be gained by x-ray vision, she would do it. She may see someone in trouble, but not in immediate trouble. I reckon superheroes like her has to determine when it is necessary to bust through as oppose to using the normal means to get to places where they need to be.

Comment

Nobody cares that Winn have kiss Kara? (sorry about my english)
                            Their friendship is hanging by a thread and I like that friendship.
                            I like Jimmy but I see the Kara-Jimmy couple ... I don't know how to say it... that couple going to be a couple too serius.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            😀
                            🥰
                            🤢
                            😎
                            😡
                            👍
                            👎