Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Forum Whiz Carmine-Infantino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    835

    Will the CW stream Arrow

    I recently read an article where the CBS/CW are considering offering a streaming service priced under $5.00 a month. This report comes on the heels of the cutting ties with Netflix and Hulu when the contracts expire. If this actually happens, would it be something you would be interested in?

  2. #2
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Oct 13
    Posts
    1,197
    Even if it was offered for people outside of the US (I somehow doubt it given how long it took Netflix to get to Aus) I wouldn't go for it. There aren't any CW or CBS shows that I would go back and watch over again that I don't have on DVD so it's pointless for me. The only exception for this would be if they put up all of their latest episodes within 24 hours of the original airing and was globally available, then I would probably be prepared to pay for it just to simply not have to resort to watching these shows via other means.

  3. #3
    Forum Whiz Carmine-Infantino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by Lipzo View Post
    Even if it was offered for people outside of the US (I somehow doubt it given how long it took Netflix to get to Aus) I wouldn't go for it. There aren't any CW or CBS shows that I would go back and watch over again that I don't have on DVD so it's pointless for me. The only exception for this would be if they put up all of their latest episodes within 24 hours of the original airing and was globally available, then I would probably be prepared to pay for it just to simply not have to resort to watching these shows via other means.
    The article I read said they were planning on a live feed, so new shows would be streamed in real time with the CW, or watched on demand. They also plan on making the CW library of past shows available (Smallville).

  4. #4
    Forum Whiz Carmine-Infantino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    835
    I've given this a bit more thought, and if the CW does start a streaming service they could do several interesting things. A Hawk world miniseries, that would be possible. Sword of the Atom, sure why not, the possibilities are endless. Expanded episodes of Arrow with cut scenes added in, interviews with the cast and behind the scenes clips are all possibilities. Characters could be introduced without having to shoehorn them into existing storylines.

  5. #5
    Chlark Addict BkWurm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Location
    Land of 10,000 Lakes
    Posts
    2,692
    My access to streaming sucks so it's a big nope for me. (I've even given up on Netflix- apparently topography sometimes just gets in the way.)

    One of the articles brought up the idea of streaming if they lost access to a bunch of their channels in big markets, but in that case, they'd keep whatever other channels were still agreeable and use the streaming version to supplement, but not replace the on air shows.

  6. #6
    Posting Pro
    Join Date
    Mar 11
    Posts
    1,904
    FOr me, it would depend largely on if this streaming service still had us watching commercials. I am quite enjoying my Season Pass of Arrow Season 4 on Amazon Prime because I don't have to deal with watching commercials geared towards teenagers and/or women (sorry, but as a guy, I don't want to sit through commercials about feminine hygiene products!). For those who might suggest I 'switch channels' during commercial breaks, never been that kind of person.

    Now, if they not only did this (allowed us to watch without commercials/adverts/etc.) and also opened up their CW library of past series'? I would definitely pay for that.

  7. #7
    Forum Whiz Carmine-Infantino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    835
    Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    FOr me, it would depend largely on if this streaming service still had us watching commercials. I am quite enjoying my Season Pass of Arrow Season 4 on Amazon Prime because I don't have to deal with watching commercials geared towards teenagers and/or women (sorry, but as a guy, I don't want to sit through commercials about feminine hygiene products!). For those who might suggest I 'switch channels' during commercial breaks, never been that kind of person.

    Now, if they not only did this (allowed us to watch without commercials/adverts/etc.) and also opened up their CW library of past series'? I would definitely pay for that.
    I have an Amazon Season Pass for The Flash, Gotham, L.O.T. and Shannara, it is absolutely the best way to watch episodic television. My Kindle Fire allows me to take the shows anywhere, and my Roku player let's me watch on the big screen TV in my den. I seldom ever watch tv on the network schedule, most of the time I watch my fantasy shows while jogging on my tread mill the Kindle is great for this. I agree with you JDB, commercials are the worst.

  8. #8
    Madman With A Blue Box Austin 3:16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 04
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    7,391
    What ive heard is any shows covered by the 2011 or 2012 pact with Netflix wont be affected like Supernatural.

  9. #9
    Chlark Addict BkWurm1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 08
    Location
    Land of 10,000 Lakes
    Posts
    2,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    I have an Amazon Season Pass for The Flash, Gotham, L.O.T. and Shannara, it is absolutely the best way to watch episodic television. My Kindle Fire allows me to take the shows anywhere, and my Roku player let's me watch on the big screen TV in my den. I seldom ever watch tv on the network schedule, most of the time I watch my fantasy shows while jogging on my tread mill the Kindle is great for this. I agree with you JDB, commercials are the worst.
    I live and die by my DVR. I've never watched any of my favorite show live because the commercial ruin everything. I usually start watching Arrow about a half hour after it starts so I can have the honor of fast forwarding through the breaks. Even before the DVR, I'd been taping my favorite shows on the VCR and watching them later. If I'm watching commercials it means I'm not really paying attention.

  10. #10
    Forum Regular Arrow_47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    113
    Quote Originally Posted by BkWurm1 View Post
    I live and die by my DVR. I've never watched any of my favorite show live because the commercial ruin everything. I usually start watching Arrow about a half hour after it starts so I can have the honor of fast forwarding through the breaks. Even before the DVR, I'd been taping my favorite shows on the VCR and watching them later. If I'm watching commercials it means I'm not really paying attention.
    My wife and I do the same thing, but save Flash for Wednesday and watch it at 7:45pm leading right in to Arrow. I have the first 3 seasons of Arrow on Blu Ray, so if I feel I've missed something in the storytelling, I just put in a dvd and refresh my memory.

  11. #11
    Forum Whiz Carmine-Infantino's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 14
    Posts
    835
    Just found out the old Birds of Prey show is streaming for free on the CW Seed App. If you have a Roku the app is available for Roku. Classic Flash show also available on the Seed. Baby steps towards a DC streaming service.

  12. #12
    Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 12
    Location
    The Phantom Zone formerly Krypton
    Posts
    5,839
    I don't remember most of Birds of Prey but I remember tuning in every week to watch it.

  13. #13
    Forum Regular Arrow_47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 15
    Posts
    113
    I have both BoP and Classic Flash on DVD, $10.00 each at Walmart. I've watched them several times and still get upset that they cancelled BoP. Loved the creative spin they put on it. Huntress as the daughter of Catwoman and Batman was awesome, and being half meta-human made her an even more impressive character. Who knows, maybe now that Shemar Moore is leaving Criminal Minds, maybe he will be available for a BoP reboot.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •