No announcement yet.

Legends of Tomorrow Spoilers Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• Preview trailer for the DC's Legends of Tomorrow return episode "Legends of the Lost Art"
      Last edited by jon-el87; 12-25-2016, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• From CBR:

“Because of circumstances, the time aberration in episode 209 is [SPOILER] George Lucas quits film school,” “Legends” executive producer Marc Guggenheim revealed to Entertainment Weekly. “As a result, he never makes ‘Star Wars’ or ‘Raiders of the Lost Ark’. As a result, Ray, who became an engineer because of ‘Star Wars,’ and Nate, who became a historian because of ‘Raiders,’ slowly start to lose their brilliance, because those things that inspired them to become who they are didn’t exist.”

The young filmmaker will be portrayed by actor Matt Angel in an story that also features the return of Rip Hunter, who surfaces in the guise of a director working in 1967 Hollywood.
        [/SPOILER] Guggenheim describes the winter premiere (arriving January 24) as “one of the most ambitious” episodes the series has shot to date. “We were watching a cut of it, and I said to Greg [Berlanti] that 209 is either going to be the episode where we’ll say that the show found a new gear in terms of how zany it can be, or it’s the episode that’s going to get us all fired.”

Comment

• Given the show's track record, with historical figures, it'll be fun to see how inaccurate their portrail of [SPOILER]George Lucas[/SPOILER] will be.

Comment

• ^^Why put spoiler tags in a "spoilers thread"; it's a given that if one looks at these threads, they will get spoiled. Just curious cause I've seen others do the same thing.

Anyway, it's very bad/good timing with Carrie Fisher's death that they tackle a scenerio where, what if George Lucas never made Star Wars for that matter the ripple effect with concern to Spielberg too as well as Disney/Marvel. Again, very unfortunate coincidence that their first episode back has to do with Star Wars.

Comment

• Originally posted by darkphoenix21
              ^^Why put spoiler tags in a "spoilers thread"; it's a given that if one looks at these threads, they will get spoiled. Just curious cause I've seen others do the same thing.
              Some people prefer to be extra cautious so as not to ruin it for anybody or to inadvertently break forum rules. But you're also correct in that spoiler tags are not necessary when posting in a thread that specifically and clearly indicates in the title that you're going to be discussing spoilers.

Comment

• Oh Christ...

Comment

• Originally posted by costas22
                  Oh Christ...
                  Didn't realize we were interrupting your prayer time, costas. XD

Comment

• Originally posted by Backward Galaxy
                    Didn't realize we were interrupting your prayer time, costas. XD
                    Lol, that's ok. I tend to pray a lot when it comes to LoT. Quotes like "We will prove how zany the show is or we'll all get fired" aren't helping.

Comment

• Originally posted by costas22
                      Lol, that's ok. I tend to pray a lot when it comes to LoT. Quotes like "We will prove how zany the show is or we'll all get fired" aren't helping.

It's a bit strange to think of how LoT spun out of the universe created by Arrow Season 1.

Comment

• I think they've proved the zany part already aka time is "sacred", until their personal interests surface then it's anything goes. I'm trying to roll with the zany on LoT -- it's the seeing what they could do that might get them fired part that's concerning.

Comment

• Comment

• Do you have any scoop for Legends of Tomorrow? —Liz
                            EP Marc Guggenheim says, “The second half of the season [starting Tuesday, Jan. 24] is really paying off the Legion of Doom and what we now know is the MacGuffin of Season 2, the Spear of Destiny.” Elaborating on the reality-altering DC Comics-based gizmo, he said, “Changing time is like painting with the biggest paintbrush possible; using the Spear of Destiny is like using a very, very fine-point technical pen.” Ergo the Legion turning Rip into an American (!) movie director in the year 1967. “Arthur [Darvill] has so embraced this version of Rip,” shares the EP. “He’s obviously doing an accent, but he’s also doing a whole different performance.”

http://tvline.com/2017/01/09/arrow-s...licity-darker/

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎