No announcement yet.

Legends of Tomorrow Spoilers Thread

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• An Arrowverse character will be joining DC's Legends of Tomorrow, and it may be Kid Flash as played by Keiynan Londsale.

I really hope not. As a speedster, he's too overpowered. Seriously, with him, largely all problems could be solved in less than two seconds. Let's take the latest episode as an example: he could've just run in and grabbed both Beebo and young Stein, before anyone has a chance to react. Problem solved. What are the rest of the team going to do for the next hour? Why would they even need to be there? Furthermore, as a speedster, he's able to time travel under his own power (reducing any dependence on the Waverider). This show has already had enough problems with giving stupid reasons for why Nate doesn't just steel up or not have Jax and Stein merge (when the situation calls for it). With Wally, we'd end up with them giving stupid reasons for why he doesn't just run in and grab the macguffin, assuming we get an explaination at all.
      Last edited by jon-el87; 12-10-2017, 01:15 AM.

Comment

• After reading the news, my initial thought was Wally as well. Apparently he left The Flash series earlier this fall and truth be told, 2 speedsters on that show was kind of excessive. There is indeed an issue with him already being a speedster and all, but these shows' writers are experts at having heroes underutilize their powers, so I'm sure Guggenheim and co will come up with an excuse why he just doesn't save the day every episode. Just like they did with Firestorm and Steel and just like Supergirl does (or did until last season, anyway) with Martian Manhunter. I think it will be Wally for another reason. Given how the Berlanti shows cast actors, replacing Franz Drameh with Keiynan Lonsdale sounds very plausible.

On that note, some characters from Team Arrow also need to be transfered to Legends. Maybe after the Civil War thing they have going on over there is over, Wild Dog and/or Curtis will make the jump. They were never needed on Arrow, IMO. Another interesting choice from the Arrow cast would be Black Siren if she's ever redeemed. They could play off the weird relationship between her and Sara.

P.S. While I watched the Arrowverse shows, Victor Garber was one of the constant highlights. His acting chops really shone even when he had mediocre writing to deal with. He will be a loss. All the best to him. Likewise for Franz Drameh, who started coming into his own at the second half of last season.
        Last edited by costas22; 12-10-2017, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• Does anyone know why Drameh left? Was it his decision? Was it a creative decision to not have one half of Firestorm around? Something else?

When I heard of Garber leaving my expectation was that they'd simply find a way to have Jax be Firestorm on his own.

Comment

• Originally posted by costas22
            After reading the news, my initial thought was Wally as well. Apparently he left The Flash series earlier this fall and truth be told, 2 speedsters on that show was kind of excessive. There is indeed an issue with him already being a speedster and all, but these shows' writers are experts at having heroes underutilize their powers, so I'm sure Guggenheim and co will come up with an excuse why he just doesn't save the day every episode. Just like they did with Firestorm and Steel and just like Supergirl does (or did until last season, anyway) with Martian Manhunter. I think it will be Wally for another reason. Given how the Berlanti shows cast actors, replacing Franz Drameh with Keiynan Lonsdale sounds very plausible.
            I completely agree. There were too many speedsters to have him around. I also think they had this planned out and were prepping Kid Flah’s departure. As we saw while the Legends were disbanded and Wally was trying to figure things out, he had teamed up with Nate. So maybe at some point in that period they got to talking (even though at that point Nate and the others didn’t know they’d get back together).

Along with a Team Arrow character, I also think at some point, maybe not this season or next, we’ll see a Supergirl character join Legends too. My bet would be on James, Winn or Mon-El. Out of those three I’d pick Mon-El since he’s already experienced time travel...why not hop on the Waverider and explore other time periods as well (yes, they’re trying to go back to save the Legion at the moment... but, maybe afterward).

Originally posted by DJ Doena
            When I heard of Garber leaving my expectation was that they'd simply find a way to have Jax be Firestorm on his own.
            I was thinking that too. I thought that they’d use Lily’s son as the catalyst to reuniting Firestorm.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ Doena
              Does anyone know why Drameh left? Was it his decision? Was it a creative decision to not have one half of Firestorm around? Something else?
              Apparently, he and his wife (girlfriend?) have just had a baby. So, it was probably his decision. With a newborn kid, he probably didn't wanna spend too much time away from his family.

Comment

• Comment

• It’s one of those “worse kept secrets”...Everyone called it; Kid Flash was being prepped for his transition over to LoT.

Originally posted by darkphoenix21
                  I completely agree. There were too many speedsters to have him around. I also think they had this planned out and were prepping Kid Flah’s departure. As we saw while the Legends were disbanded and Wally was trying to figure things out, he had teamed up with Nate. So maybe at some point in that period they got to talking (even though at that point Nate and the others didn’t know they’d get back together).
                  That was obvious

Comment

• Yep. Time to pat ourselves on the back.

Originally posted by costas22
                    After reading the news, my initial thought was Wally as well. Apparently he left The Flash series earlier this fall and truth be told, 2 speedsters on that show was kind of excessive. There is indeed an issue with him already being a speedster and all, but these shows' writers are experts at having heroes underutilize their powers, so I'm sure Guggenheim and co will come up with an excuse why he just doesn't save the day every episode. Just like they did with Firestorm and Steel and just like Supergirl does (or did until last season, anyway) with Martian Manhunter. I think it will be Wally for another reason. Given how the Berlanti shows cast actors, replacing Franz Drameh with Keiynan Lonsdale sounds very plausible.
                    It's hardly surprising that (a) They wrote Wally off The Flash and (b) He ended up on LoT. It was bound to happen given how things unfolded.

The Flash showrunners really dropped the ball with Wally. They rushed to introduce him at the start of season 2 and then, because they had nothing else for him to do besides whine, they decided to make him Kid Flash after one season. Which complicated matters because 2 Flashes on that show didn't work well. One would always shine at the expense of the other. With Barry being trapped in the Speed Force at the end of season 3, they had a chance to give the ball to Wally for a run of episodes and have Barry return down the line. But from what I gather, Barry was back as the Flash after 2 episodes. The best thing they could do was have Wally leave instead of having him and Barry step on each other's toes.

So as it's usually the case with characters who have become surplus on Arrow or Flash (like Ray and Sara), Wally ended up on LoT. And like I mentioned the last time, bringing in Wally makes up for the loss of another black character (Jax). If I was still a Flash viewer, I would worry about something else. LoT has a track record of killing off Flash characters. Something that really it shouldn't have the liberty of doing. Hopefully the same won't happen with Wally.

Comment

• Good on them for adding Wally to LOT because they really weren't doing that much with him on The Flash, although I think he would've been a good fill-in for Barry with him being in his current situation right now.

Comment

• Comment

• John Constantine Returns in “Daddy Darhkest”

http://dclegendstv.com/2018/01/24/ph...addy-darhkest/

Comment

• Official CW description with spoilers for the DC's Legends of Tomorrow episode "Here I Go Again"

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎