No announcement yet.

Deathstroke on Shannara

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deathstroke on Shannara

Just watched The Shannara Chronicles with Manu Bennett, it was much better than I expected. Manu absolutely steals the show, he was amazing. The young actors are about what you'd expect from an MTV show, but if you ignore them and focus on the adults the show is quite good.

Seeing Manu's performance last night underscores just how much Arrow lost when he left. I feel he was the real star of season two.

He was great on the Shannara Chronicles.

The person that plays Wil played the annoying DJ Chase in Season 3 that is something I was worried about because I hated his character on Arrow. He was better on the Shannara Chronicles.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17

The person that plays Wil played the annoying DJ Chase in Season 3 that is something I was worried about because I hated his character on Arrow. He was better on the Shannara Chronicles.
      Agree. Wil and Allanon worked quite well together.

Comment

I heard Manu was terrific and EVERYTHING else was gawd awful painful.

Comment

Originally posted by Halberdier17

He was the DJ dude? No wonder something in my subconscious winced when he showed up. Now I know why he was irritating me -- he was that LOA-wannabe wuss. He is sooo going to have to earn his stripes in this series before I can purge 'DJ dude' from my mind.

From what I saw of Manu in Shannara, he's more than pulling his weight. It's the younger MTV cast around him that still have to prove their worth.

I've neither read the books, nor am I the biggest fantasy fan. I know the buzz is this'll be a PG-13 Game of Thrones for MTV, which isn't exactly how I'd want it pitched to me. Esp. when GoT viewers are used to their fantasy without the PG-13 constraints.

Maybe it was because it was a 2-hour pilot, but I can't say it was spectacular. It has some potential and I'd have to see another ep or two before I'll commit to sticking with it.

Comment

Working...
          X
          😀
          🥰
          🤢
          😎
          😡
          👍
          👎