No announcement yet.

A Few Questions On Supergirl Fan Fiction

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Few Questions On Supergirl Fan Fiction

#1 Should I combine separate stories into the first story even though I did not intend to write a novel on a story line?

The reason why I had written "The Secrets of Krypton" was because of that scene in Supergirl where Astra was trying to comfort young Kara by telling her how she was special, and she was chosen from among others because she was brave.... if I recollected that scene correctly. And so it caught my imagination, and I daydreamed that Kara had siblings at this slight hint by the direction of the show, and that Astra was really her mother. I mean, what Aunt does that in secret visits to her niece unless Kara was not just a niece to her?

Anyway, the short story caught my imagination and went ahead a couple of years to "The Forbidden Visit" and then my imagination took hold of me and went ahead some more years to "The First Exodus, thinking that maybe the show was planning to have "Powergirl" as Kara's sister and not an alternate from another dimension. Whether or not Kara had other siblings that would survive and be there is just a guess to me. I would think if the series was an enormous success that they would do a spin off with "Super Boy" whom would be Kara's passive brother, leaving a media frenzied labeled Powergirl as a reluctant heroine whom has no desire for the spotlight, but if Kara was in trouble, she would be there just so Supergirl maintains the show's spotlight in all fairness.

** Trista was a character that I felt the TV series Arrow needed since those guys really need an anonymous healer for the kind of battles they have been in. Statistically, they should be dead, or at the very least, suffering from PTSD, but certainly, they need their ears healed from all of the bombs blasting and guns firing they have been exposed to. Anyway, I was wanting to have her as a different kind of super powered Kryptonian instead of a metahuman for Arrow. It was just an imagination on my part and a way to connect Arrow to Supergirl TV shows too. **

Again, I am only guessing and daydreaming about this...but I digress. The first three stories settled in my mind a guess as to the background of how Kara could have siblings that survived Krypton, but yet the story line gripped my heart and imagination to at least have Supergirl remember after all... and then... I remember the rules about not having threads with continuation if it was the same story... which I suppose, it may look that way now, but not intentionally, even though, the first three stories can be stand alone short stories, but the fourth could be a stand alone story, but not really since it involves the medical ship of the "First Exodus", and then suddenly, I broke a rule; I have a novel consisting of four threads ending with Supergirl's Christmas Eve 2016 Miracle, and I did not mean to do that.

I had stopped there because I can't guess how the Supergirl shows would resolve this family conflict if they are planning to have some siblings of Kara to survive.

Anyway...should I combine the four threads into the first one or can they stand alone?

#2. What does a 5,000 word thread fan fiction looks like? Anybody got a link to one that can give me a clue that I can even do that in combining the four threads into one?

#3. When I delete the other three threads or whatever how many I can combine into the first one, how will that look in the sub forum? Will the deleted thread(s) completely disappear or will it still be there like a black mark except you can't click on it to read it? If the latter, should I just leave them alone, and next time I write a fan fiction, try not to write one that would be seen as an extension off of that one, somehow?

#4. On many internet forums, posters always say that they do not like to read long posts; and so I am wondering if the posters in these forums actually read a 5,000 word long post? Is a short story better and more likely to be read than a long one?

#5. Has any one consider having collaboration done by giving a regular long standing members a mod editing tool? That way when one submits a story and asks one of the long standing members to edit or collaborate by modifying the story to be better while correcting any obvious mistakes or just give an opposite gender's point of view to the characters in the story to have a proper balance at the request of the original author? Of course, the long standing members has the right to decline such a request.
    Last edited by Jedidiah; 12-22-2015, 07:46 AM.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎