The First Exodus

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The First Exodus

This is a continuation of the story line started here at this link;

Post your Supergirl fan art, avatars, videos, fan fiction and more here! (Please keep it tasteful.)

And continuing after the story line at this link:

Post your Supergirl fan art, avatars, videos, fan fiction and more here! (Please keep it tasteful.)

"Kara is calling me,"Astra informed Camilla as Astra looked at her palm held device,"I have to go."

"But we are getting ready to leave now, Mother!" the twenty four year old Camilla protested,"We have the medical ship to meet her on Earth!"

Astra looked back from the exit of the main bridge, and announced, "The course has been reprogrammed and set to depart from the fleet that is going to Terra Prime, and so we are set to go, once I get back."

The holographic imagery was displaying the news in the main bridge that "Dissidents" have killed a guard at an undisclosed facility. Speculations abounded in the news, but out of them all, the major one was that this was another attempt to hijacked the news media from that facility to launch yet another propaganda to be viewed by the general public that Krypton will explode. Images of Non casting the dead body of the security guard off of the building to warn authorities to stay back from the facility was being replayed. Images of Astra as being his wife, was also being displayed as having connection with this domestic terrorism.

"MOM!" Camilla protested even more loudly.

Astra stormed over to a console and waved her palm held device over it. "Okay. If I get captured, I will initiate the mass launch remotely!"

"NO!" Camilla screamed. "YOU are coming with US NOW!"

"I am sure I will be all right, Camilla! It is Kara! Our mission may have jeopardize the launching of Kara and Kal El! I have to make sure she is all right! I may be returning with Kara if with nobody else!" Astra trotted out the door to hurry and not be delayed by this argument with Camilla any further.

The twenty one year old Edgar interjected,"The authorities don't know that we have access to the fleet yet, and so Non's distraction has worked," he paused to lay a hand on his sister shoulder to calm her down. "Mom's got time to check on Kara."

"What happens when the people that are escaping with us had brought some more people with them? They are going to know that there is an awful lot of room on this medical ship when there is only you, Trista, and me here!?" Camilla flared up.

"No problem, Cam," Edgar said in his happy go lucky tone of voice as he went over to the console and closed the hatched to the medical ship as the viewer was showing people rushing to their prearranged designated boarding vessel on the runway running alongside outside the hatch of their medical ship. "See?", Edgar pointed out,"So calm down. I know how to open it again for mother and Non with his men."

Camilla tried to take her brother's advise to calm down since after all, she was in charge now. She took in a deep breath and exhaled deeply, muttering, "Non and his men can take a flying leap off of that building for all I care."

Edgar snickered at this, and thought of something, and said, "Say.. do you want to see how we will change physiologically when we are on earth?" He walked over to the control console and pushed in several crystals before a holographic display of Edgar popped up in the center of the main bridge in comparison with the now 12 year old Kara, and the now one year old Kal-El. "Kind of neat, huh?" Edgar pointed out, "These are the side effects for us under the yellow sun!"

"Invulnerable skin..."Camilla read out loud, "heat and ex-ray vision...increased strength and increased speed...faster healing properties..."

"No more acne problems for Trista.."Edgar chuckled.

"Hah hah," the fifteen year old Trista said dryly as she came into the main bridge. "I never had one yet."

"Well," Edgar pointed out, still chuckling, "you WILL stop worrying about it, that's for sure."

"I'll believe it when I see it. I'm still maintaining proper care of my skin even on Earth, so there," she stuck her tongue out at Edgar purposefully in a childish manner.

Edgar chuckled at Trista playing with him as if she was a spoiled brat of a child. She loves acting out like a child towards Edgar to display that he was being childish towards her, but she is usually the shy and reserve one of the group. Today, she was acting out moreso than ever before as the two entertain each other in this otherwise rather tense situation. Their sister. Camilla, seemed to need this lighthearted brevity in her midst.

"I see that you are projected to be not as strong as Kal El, Edgar," Camilla pointed out," seems there are other varying factors as well."

"Yeah, I know," Edgar groaned.

"You will not have x-ray visions for one.." Camilla reported.

"Who needs it? I don't need it. Unless I am going to be a doctor or something, I sure don't need it. Meh." Edgar commented as he shrugged.

"Seems you will have everything else though, but Kal El will have more," Camilla concluded,"whereas Kara will be the same as Kal El in everything, although, with Kal El being a man, he will be stronger whereas Kara will be faster, but not by much."

Camilla went over to view the reference list and pulled a crystal back a bit to display Trista in comparison to Kara and Kal El. "Will you look at that?"

"Edgar was even taken aback by this," Wow, Trista! I had never thought to compare yours yet. I just assumed it would be all the same. You do not have any of those things... wait.. there is one, but the healing variable is way off the chart!"

Trista squinted her eyes in deciphering what she was reading holographically. "I will have the ability to heal others?"

"Wow...that is way cool." Edgar commented, "You would be a favorite doctor on Earth."

"Nuh.. nuh," Trista denied in a joking manner,"I'm not going to be looked to for every broken nail and acne that comes my way. Forget that. No siree Bob!"

Camilla laughed as she adjusted a crystal to display her comparison to Kara and Kal-El.

"WHOAH!" Edgar commented,"You are way stronger than Kara and Kal El !!!" He looked closely to fathom it,"Kara and Kal El are still faster than you though. What is this at the bottom in red?"

"Subject has tendency for extreme violence when overwhelmed; not suitable for raising children,"Trista read.

"I was rejected for this reason," Camilla pointed out the commentary by Alura, "it was never about Kara being braver than me... I was never qualified in the first place," she looked at her two siblings, "I should not be going to Earth." She took a step back wondering of she should be getting off of the ship to join the others to Terra Prime, but Edgar and Trista knew what she was thinking.

But before they could protest, an alarm sounded throughout the main bridge as the image of the launching bay doors popped on the viewer and were being seen as opening.

Astra had activated the automatic launching sequence remotely.

"What's happening?!" Trista yelled out over the alarm on the main bridge as twelve crystaline chambers raised up from the floor of the bridge.

"Something must have happened to mother!" Camilla declared, "She has activated the launching sequence remotely! No more time to explain. Get in the chamber now! We have to be in them before we go into that wormhole to Earth!" Camilla knew she had to hand held Trista in doing what she was told as she was in shock and confusion now. After seeing that she was safely in, she checked on Edgar just in time to see him weeping tears over their mother being left behind before the chamber closed on him.

She got in one, and as it closed, the scan on the bridge signaled that all presence on the bridge had vacated, and so the lids began to close on the rest of the chambers as well.

When next she opened her eyes, the main bridge lighting were sporadic. She saw one of the viewers reporting the analysis of the wormhole as being temporal before flickering out.

She wanted to get out of the chamber in a hurry and found herself rising above the chamber and floating in the air,"Whoah.."she gasped, and said softly,"the report did not say anything about this."

She went to Trista's chamber and helped her out. Trista saw Camilla floating as if in zero gravity even though she noticed that the gravity was still holding her to the floor. "How come..?"

"Apparently, I have the ability to fly.." she smiled, but remembered Edgar. She looked over at his chamber and saw that a slender beam had pierced the chamber. "Edgar!" She flew over to yank out the beam so that the chamber could continue to rise from the floor and open. Edgar was in his death rattle after Camilla had yanked out the beam out of him. "No..." she sobbed knowing now that her quick thinking had killed him.

Trista looked at her hands and went over to him and touched him. A soft light flowed through her hands as it bathed Edgar in a bright luminescent glow and then shimmered for a while before vanishing, leaving a bewildered Edgar alive, awake, and whole. Camilla was surprised and utterly relieved at what Trista was able to do, and she was about to hug her when she remembered her super strength, and had stopped herself. Trista's eyes widened in realizing why Camilla had stopped herself from hugging her and said, "Oh yeah!" she commented in hearty agreement after seeing her yank that slender beam out of Edgar's chamber and tossing it like it was nothing, "Gently now....gently." As Camilla did so, Trista confirmed her proper restraint,"That's it. No harder than that, Cam."

Edgar had gotten out of the chamber too and was about to hug Trista as well but they both reminded him that because of him now having super strength, he should do so with restraint. "EASY!" Trista announced with alarm as her back popped a little as if her back was being cracked by a chiropractor,"Easy...that's better."

Then a tremor was felt from the floor. Then another. And then another. Each time it came, it was getting louder and reverberating more and more as even the walls of the main bridge was announcing something was coming closer and closer. Then they were able to fathom that something was plowing through the walls of the interior of the ship to get to the main bridge, until finally it arrived as a section of the wall blew out to land near the center of the main bridge as Camilla and Edgar placed Trista behind them to face what was coming in the room.

A shadowy figure emerge from the darkness and shadows of the next room as a female voice recognized them by announcing in an angry tone of voice,"You are the criminals of the first exodus!" She was seething with animosity. "You have stolen this vessel! You had room to save others!!" She screamed, "You had left people to die!!"

"Who are you?!!!" Camilla demanded, clenching her fists in getting ready for a big fight.

The shadowy figure stepped into the flickering light of the main bridge as she announced grimly, "I AM Supergirl!" The family crest of the House of El was on her chest. "You insult me of my family's crest by wearing it!" Camilla and Edgar both looked at their garbs showing a small insignia of the House of El, and I know only of one relative and that is my cousin, Kal El, so you are not tricking me."

"Kara.." Trista said softly, peering at the threatening figure of their now grown up baby sister. "She is older than me."

"Oooohhh.... crap..."Camilla muttered beneath her breath as Supergirl flew towards them in a rage. Kara delivered a blow, knocking Camilla across the rest of the main bridge, through the wall, and into the next room.

Before Kara could deliver a blow to Trista whom was knocked down to the floor by Edgar pushing her out of harm's way of Kara's attack, Edgar grabbed Kara from behind and yelled,"Don't hit Trista! She is not strong like us, Kara! You could kill her!"

Kara flew backwards, slamming Edgar through the wall. "My cue to exit," Trista stammered as she tried to find her bearing with her wobbly legs to get up to move far away from the fight scene as she could. She managed to leave the main bridge while hearing some pounding of fists behind her of a one sided fight. She tried to get her jogging into a running pace, but it was to late. Kara's hand on her shoulder had stopped her from behind and Trista screamed when Kara turned her to punch her, but she didn't. Kara let go of her as Trista dropped, trembling to the floor, trying to catch her breath.

Camilla plowed Kara from behind to stop whatever she was about to do. After plowing through several walls of the ship, Camilla found herself on top of Kara and said,"Kara! I am your sister, Camilla! Astra is your real mother!" Kara grimaced under her strong hold but she seemed to act as if she had not heard her. But before Camilla wondered if it was the sound of battle that was preventing her from hearing her, Kara's eyes rolled back and she went into a seizure, and so Camilla let go. She moved several objects away from her while she was in that fit, not sure if it was necessary with her invulnerability, but she did it anyway. Kara laid still finally. Camilla scooped her up and carried her flying to the chamber where her mother had the medical equipment to remove Kara's mental block. It was trashed. "No..."Camilla moaned.

Kara came to, and pushed Camilla away from her as Kara flew up to deliver a blow to Camilla, but Camilla dodged that one. "I am your sister, Kara! Astra is your mother!" Once again, Kara eyes rolled back and she dropped to the floor like a puppet whose strings were cut. "Is this it?" Camilla had thought, "Are we forever to be enemies?" But Camilla had thought of something and flew away to pick up Trista down the hallway and flew her back to where Kara was, and ordered, "Heal her, Trista! Hurry! Get rid of that mental block with your powers!"

Trista was hesitant at first, looking at the fearsome Kara lying limply on the floor and then at Camilla's pleading face before she placed her hands on her head. A small light flowed from her hands, but that was it. Seeing no more of her illuminating healing powers at work, she clasped her hands together in the hope that Kara has been healed of this mental block. She was still unconscious, almost as if she was asleep. Trista stood up, placing a hand to her mouth, wondering,"Did I do it? Is our sister, Kara, healed or not?"

Edgar showed up, breathing hard, "Man! I tell ya! She sure pack a wallop! What the heck has she been through? A War?"

Camilla shook her head, and said, "Well, it is not safe for us to be around here to find out. Let's go."

Camilla found that Edgar could fly as well, and so he carried Trista with one arm. Although Edgar was elated, he did not feel right about leaving Kara vulnerable like that, especially when there were strange flying devices, which he would come to know later as helicopters, heading their way in great numbers. "I'll stay nearby and make sure they are her friends..."Camilla announced. She pointed in the direction of a city in the distant horizon, and said, "Go there to the highest building and wait for me."

As Edgar flew off with Trista at super speed, Camilla flew back down and hid in the ground, underneath the ship and below the area where Kara was resting. She heard troops scouring the medical ship where one of them, a female, found Kara and knelt down to her to wake her up. "Alex," she heard Kara say with her superhearing,"what had happened? How did I get here?" Tears trickled down Camilla's face as it seemed apparent that Kara was not healed after all of that mental block. After ascertaining that this Alex was her friend, she zipped out of there.

She rejoined Edgar and Trista on the top of Palmer Industries, and informed them that Kara was all right, but the mental block may still be in place, keeping her from remembering them. Silence filled the night's air at the loss of having Kara ever returning as their beloved sister. Trista shivering with her teeth chattering reminded them all of their vulnerabilities in a strange alien world. They looked at each other's faces as it suddenly dawned on them another keen sense of loss as well. The loss of their planet as Kara's accusation seems to confirm, and with it, the loss of their mother, Astra. They wept.
    Last edited by Jedidiah; 12-20-2015, 07:42 PM.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎