No announcement yet.

The Forbidden Visit

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Forbidden Visit

A continuation of the updated "Secrets of Krypton" storyline which is at this link below:

Post your Supergirl fan art, avatars, videos, fan fiction and more here! (Please keep it tasteful.)

"Explain to me again why I cannot see Kara, Mother," Camilla argued, "it's been six years! I want to visit my baby sister!" she protested before announcing, "I know you have been visiting her off and on, so why can't I see her?"

Astra took in a deep breath. She turned to face her eighteen year old daughter and replied, "Remember that I had told you that your Aunt Alura did a very bad thing?" Astra saw that Camilla was trying to remember and so she added a reference to help, "Back at the last time you had seen your baby sister?"

Camilla looked at the floor deep in recollecting the event and then she remembered, "Yes," she recalled, looking up to face her mother, "What exactly did Aunt Alura did to her?"

"She has placed a mental block to prevent her from remembering me as her mother,"Astra explained.

"Huh?" Camilla revolted at that information, and asked incredulously, "What on krypton for?"

"Your Aunt Alura has tested Kara's DNA make up as one having the personality that is very brave but is also very loyal to family. Your aunt believed it was necessary to insure loyalty to her wishes in taking care of your future cousin Kal-El," Astra replied, but added, "much to my discontent."

"Yeah, " Camilla agreed with her, nodding her head in sarcasm, "I'd say! Didn't Aunt Lara had a big blow out with Aunt Alura over how she was formatting the AI Programmer module for Kal El's upbringing on Earth?"

"Yes," Astra replied,"your Aunt Alura was hoping to impress upon the boy that she was his mother," Camilla was aghast. She stared at her mother incredulously as her mother continued, "Lara won the argument as your Aunt Alura conceded that it was not necessary for Kara to have loyalty towards Kal El as being her brother when it was loyalty towards her mother's wishes that is necessary for the arrangement," Astra looked out the window at the crystalline landscape outside before adding, "but of course, Jor El took over the AI Programmer module for their future son's upbringing."

"What would happen if I had told Kara that I was her sister?" Camilla inquired.

"You Aunt Alura informed me that she would suffer a seizure if anyone tried to "make" her remember," Astra stated in a defeated tone of voice.

"What if she was lying about that?" Camilla inquired. Camilla went to a console in the middle of the room and slid one of the many crystals in further into the console and a 3 D holographic display appeared above the console in front of her face. Next she voiced a command, "All relevant information on medical mental blocking."

"I had looked already, Camilla," Astra replied, "there is no medical proof that this would occur. It was speculated that if done improperly, it may cause seizures," Astra turned away from the window and approached the console and voiced "Access section 55, paragraph C on Medical Mental Blocking Possible Side Effects."

Camilla looked at the information being displayed holographically above the console, and several minutes later, she read out loud, "If improperly administered by blocking a memory unrelated to the specified area of trauma, the patient may be unable to comprehend the information as if unable to receive said information, if the memory blocked is something relevant for the patient's relations to the outside world or the mind may revolt from accepting the information as if receiving a non-traumatized information may have a reaction on all memory grams of the brain because of the mental block placed in the brain will be felt by the sensory nodes and thus a seizure may be a result," Camilla mused a little bit before replying, "so if I told her she is my sister, she would be like she couldn't hear me or something?"

"That would be the best case scenario,"Astra pointed out.

"The worst case scenario being that she may have a seizure in rejecting the information," Camilla said softly, "as if forcing her to forget that I had said that I am her sister," she turned off the display and walked towards the window.

"Medically speaking," Astra explained,"a mental block is good for blocking triggers from accessing a traumatized memory. The patient's mind is already at work suppressing the memory, but sometimes a trigger like a smell, a sight, or a sound can access that traumatized memory and the patient may become incapacitated, thus a mental block is needed to prevent the recollection for the patient's peace of mind."

"Two years ago, you did say that Dad have found the reserved fleet that the elite is going to use for their escape from Krypton,"Camilla said in changing the subject,"that he had died getting you that information."

Astra looked at her daughter, wondering if she was thinking she was lying about that incident, "That is true, Camilla. He had escaped from the facility, but had an accident on the way home. I had found the information on a crystal in his pocket."

"Non was the one that had found him, right?" Camilla inquired.

"Yes, but.."Astra was interrupted.

"Don't you find it strange that after Dad's death, Non has been your ever present partner in crime since and now you are marrying him?" Camilla announced her suspicion.

"I know you do not like Non, dear," Astra said with disappointment in her voice,"casting suspicion on him for your father's death is not a fair thing to do."

"Why do I get the feeling that you are marrying him out of convenience rather than love?" Camilla declared her assumption as she pointed out the obvious, "Non is apathetic towards all of us; Trista, Edgar, and me, but when you are around, you are the only thing he sees in the room!" Camilla retorted from being accused as unfair, "Is there a mental block on him from seeing all of us as your family or something?"

Astra was taken aback by this and paced the room, choosing her words carefully, "I am fully aware of Non's zealous love for me, and only for me, but he is a means to an end, dear. I need his resources, and I need his men," Astra continued,"I conceded to his wishes to have a private marriage ceremony without you and the children, but I do not expect him to live long as my husband, because of his zealousness to please me. He has on more than one occasions, risked his life to accomplish a mission."

"HELLO!" Camilla yelled, "I think he killed DAD!"

"That is enough, Camilla!" Astra retorted, and then calmed down, "I'm going to head on over to the marriage citadel now to meet Non. You are to stay here and watch the children while I am gone," she paused, "we will not be returning home here. I do not know how long it will take, but I will contact you when it is time to leave."

"If you call me before Kal El is born, is the whole House of El coming with us?" Camilla asked.

"I don't know. There may not be that much luxury of time to gather every one before we storm the facility," Astra replied sadly,"but Kara's escape is assured."

"Are you sure about that?" Camilla asked louder, "If you call before Kal El is born, Kara will be loyal to her mother and stay with her to the death then!" She turned to face her mother with streaming tears down her face, "I am NOT leaving my baby sister behind! I will take her, kicking and screaming with us if I have to!"

Astra said nothing to her daughter she she was just as conflicted and emotionally stressed as Camilla was now, and so Astra left the home for the last time.

"What if I take Kara now?" Camilla was thinking,"We are off the grid...mom is providing for us covertly....that way Kara will be with us and ready to go."

Camilla wiped the tears away from her face and called Edgar to come downstairs. The 12 year old boy came with nine year old, Trista, trailing behind him, unaware of the drama that had gone on prior with Camilla and their mother. "I want you to babysit Trista while I am away for a couple of hours. Can you handle it?"

"No problem, Cam," Edgar assured her in his happy go lucky tone of voice. And she was gone.

The beckon brought seven year old Kara to the door. When the door was opened, Camilla saw Kara for the first time in a long time and was having trouble keeping back the tears. Kara greeted her before she could as she was stammering emotionally for something to say. "Hello," Kara said sweetly, "who are you?"

Camilla knelt down and announced with a cheerful smile, "Hi Kara. I am your sister, Camilla." At first, it looked like Kara did not hear her as Kara continued to look at her as if having trouble comprehending what she had just said. Then when her eyes rolled back, Camilla said softly in regret, "...no..." and Kara collapsed in the foyer, but not before Camilla caught her from hitting the floor. Kara arms and legs were flailing about, forcing Camilla to lay her down somewhat unto the floor.

Then Camilla heard Aunt Alura calling from upstairs, "Who is at the door, Kara?"

Camilla stood up and covered her mouth with both hands as Kara stopped convulsing and came to a still. She kelt down again to see that she was still breathing. Kara came to and looked about bewildered, saying, "How did I get over here?" Then she looked up and say Camilla, "Who are you?" Then the sounds of Aunt Alura coming down the stairway could be heard.

Camilla couldn't do it. Her thoughts were running with a whole bunch of scenarios in her head in taking Kara right there in the moment, but traumatizing Kara by holding her against her will from her "mother" would be futile thing to do. She did not want Kara hating her in captivity since obviously she is unable to receive the information that Camilla is her sister. She cannot see Kara going into multiple seizures in rejecting that truth in captivity either when Edgar and Trista just might be bold enough and certainly childish to keep trying to convince her. "What kind of a life would that be?" she had thought.

With tears in her eyes and a slight smile, Camilla helped her up and said, "Nobody," she said, "I must have come to the wrong house. Sorry to bother you. Bye bye." She turned to leave, but she couldn't resist turning again to hug Kara and to give her a kiss on her forehead before she finally did leave. She looked back to see the door closing, and with it, ever seeing her puzzled little sister again.
    Last edited by Jedidiah; 12-20-2015, 09:49 AM.
Working...
X
😀
🥰
🤢
😎
😡
👍
👎