Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is Rey? (Star Wars: The Force Awakens Spoilers/Speculation)

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is Rey? (Star Wars: The Force Awakens Spoilers/Speculation)

This might've come up in the Force Awakens thread, but I'm creating another just for the speculation: Does anyone have any guesses as to who Rey is?

My thoughts:

I think she's actually Luke's daughter, somehow, and that her parents who disappeared were her "Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru" who couldn't bear the responsibility of taking care of her.

Either that, or the Force just picked her at random, which could be interesting too I guess...

Any thoughts?

Yes i agree in 5000% i think she Luke daughter .I feel that after she join him in the island. Her eyes speak for her

Comment

Been thinking the same myself. Maz noted that the lightsaber had belonged to both Luke and his father. And it was now calling to her. The dialogue does imply: it's calling to her, because it belonged to her father and grandfather. And now she's next in line.

However, I can also see this as a misdirect. They want us to believe that Rey is simply Luke's daughter and the truth is something else. If they decide to go with something more original, she isn't the daughter of anyone (metaphorically, I mean). We're not going to see another "I am your father" moment. Instead, it's revealed that she is, in fact, a reincarnation of Anakin Skywalker.

Comment

If i understand well for you the Jedi spirit of Anakin Skywalker possessed the body of baby Rey and she become sensitive to the force? I imagined the spirit of Jedi returned in the depth of the source. Named the cosmic force (Not just the Jedi but the non sensitive peoples to) after their physical death

Comment

Or... we all assumed that Yoda was referring to Leia when he said "there is another Skywalker"... maybe he was referring to her?

Comment

Or maybe Yoda wrong .The jedi is not omniscient .No i think she Luke Daughter and she just begin is Jedi training New academy very young . But alas the Knights of Ren destroyed the new jedi before they become the protector of the New Republic.After escap the parents have not the choice to lets here on Jakku with Lor San Tekka a member of the church of the force (Not sensitive force peoples. But believer in the return of the light)
            Last edited by baron de suberbielle; 12-19-2015, 11:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
              Or... we all assumed that Yoda was referring to Leia when he said "there is another Skywalker"... maybe he was referring to her?
              What about the trailer where Luke states, "I have it, my father had it, my sister has it and you have it" or something to that effect...so the "you have it" could be referring to Rey. It could also been referring to Kylo but, he already knows his linage.
              Last edited by darkphoenix21; 12-24-2015, 04:26 PM.

Comment

You know, there is another candidate for Rey's father. While rewatching the film yesterday, I found myself thinking: what if she's the daughter of Ezra and Sabine (Rebels)?

Comment

If you guys remember the fight scene between Ren and Rey in the woods and they both force pulled luke's lighsaber, it went to Rey instead of Ren suggesting maybe she has more ties to it then he does. So im assuming she is luke's offspring. During the years when luke was training the young padawans he could have had one himself and when they were all killed, for her protection he left her on Jakku and fled to the first jedi temple.

Comment

Originally posted by Heroes
                    If you guys remember the fight scene between Ren and Rey in the woods and they both force pulled luke's lighsaber, it went to Rey instead of Ren suggesting maybe she has more ties to it then he does. So im assuming she is luke's offspring. During the years when luke was training the young padawans he could have had one himself and when they were all killed, for her protection he left her on Jakku and fled to the first jedi temple.
                    This is the best theory that I've heard.

Comment

I actually hoped she is a distant relation of Obi-Wan Kenobi, but after watching the movie I'd rather she be Ezra's daughter.

It's unlikely Vader wouldn't notice Leia was force sensitive so if we assume Obi-Wan telling Luke about her was to keep Vader from learning about Ezra then this would make sense.

Kylo being untrained and mostly self taught wouldn't be a match for someone with basic training like say someone taught by Kanan?

He was shot, wounded and unprepared for someone able to fight back the tk of the saber was more due to Rey having better control rather than sheer power still won't shell out that much for a digital copy of the novelization though!

Comment

Originally posted by KSiteTV
                        I think she's actually Luke's daughter, somehow, and that her parents who disappeared were her "Uncle Owen and Aunt Beru" who couldn't bear the responsibility of taking care of her.
                        Rey being Luke's daughter seems to be the obvious option and he might have chosen to hide her from himself like Obi-Wan chose to hide Luke and Leia from Vader.

It can't have anything to do with Kylo's failure because he's not much older than him - which begs the question of exactly when Luke went into hiding and when did Kylo become what he is.

Or maybe Rey was kidnapped for a different purpose and then the plan (and her) was abandoned.

Being a saga of family twists I could also imagine that Finn turns out to be the son of Lando (he was taken away from his family after all).

Comment

Rey is written as a foil to Kylo Ren.

So she might be a nobody's daughter, or maybe Palpatine's daughter / Snoke's daughter, ...

But Luke's daughter doesn't fit the pattern.

Comment

Also remember if Snoke turns out to be Darth Plagueis which was a very powerfull sith lord who was rumored to have powers to manipulate midi-chlorians and actually Procreated Anakin Skywalker with this power. Hes could have also created Rey like Anakin. Cause did u notice how Snoke reacted when Ren told him about Rey. He was like If it is the girl you say it is BRING HER TO ME. He seemed more interested in finding Rey then he was about safely retrieving the droid with lukes location, he was like destroy it if u have to. So just another theory what do u guys think.

Comment

This is all very interesting. Let me throw another theory at you. Does anyone ever remember Mara Jade: The Emperor's Hand? It was a short lived comic book series, and Mara Jade also appeared in a few Star Wars novels post Return of the Jedi. She married Luke Skywalker, and may have had a child - Rey?? or children with him. Mara Jade is also one of my favorite Star Wars Universe characters.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎