Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The OT was about a Skywalker vs. a Skywalker, with Luke's journey culminating in the redemption of his father. I see no reason why this trilogy wouldn't be the exact same thing.

The Force is Strong!!! darkphoenix21's Avatar
    Training the next generation of Jedi legends
    The more I listen to The Collider/Schmoes Know crew on YouTube, the more I'm coming on board to the idea (with good reason) that Rey maybe in fact related to Obi-Wan as a granddaughter.

Quote Originally Posted by darkphoenix21 View Post
    The more I listen to The Collider/Schmoes Know crew on YouTube, the more I'm coming on board to the idea (with good reason) that Rey maybe in fact related to Obi-Wan as a granddaughter.
    If the rumors are true that "they aren't done with Obi-Wan Kenobi", and plan to use Ewan McGregor again in his own spinoff film(s), then that could make sense. But wouldn't it fly in the face of his line in Empire about Luke being their last hope? If he knew he had progeny out there, they would have the potential to be Force users, too.

Of course, they could explain it away that he thought they died somehow, or that they hadn't been trained and so he didn't consider them an option (like Leia). But still... a teeny bit of retconning there.

Incurable Postaholic DA_Champion's Avatar
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    It's hard to see how Obi-Wan's descendants would end up on Jakku. Did OB1 just screw a girl in that bar on Coruscant, very un-Jedi like, and abandon her?

I prefer the option of Rey being the Emperor's daughter, though that would make her 29+ years old. At least it works without need of a convoluted plot device. But that's not what's going to happen.

My brother-in-law's theory is that Rey is a clone created from Luke's hand, the one that fell at Bespin.

Quote Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
    It's hard to see how Obi-Wan's descendants would end up on Jakku. Did OB1 just screw a girl in that bar on Coruscant, very un-Jedi like, and abandon her?
    Superman did it.

Incurable Postaholic DA_Champion's Avatar
    Canberra, Australian Capital Territory, Australia
    Quote Originally Posted by Backward Galaxy View Post
    Superman did it.
    That was good :-)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12