Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of "Hostile Takeover"?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dagenspear
    Being accepted or not, I don't see the reaction being safe. The actress gives it believably I guess and I feel for her, I do, but it's still dangerous and kinda scary in a way. It doesn't seem like hurting anger to me, so much as rage, if that makes sense?
    Well, when everything that can go wrong is going wrong, it can be overwhelming, especially when she feels like she is representing women in the hero arena. She was irked for being called Supergirl and not Superwoman, and then you have to wonder if she had second thoughts about coming out. She had to have them which would be weighing on her to give up this venture as a failed one.

Indeed, just because one has superpowers, and had been trying to and had been preferring to live the normal life, it does make one wonder what Kara's role was in taking care of Kal El which her sole purpose for being sent to earth had not been render moot and void by seeing Kal El as an adult.

She must have been trained in acclimation to Earth's society and environment in order to take care of and raise Kal El because she seems to know nothing about proper training over the use of her powers as if she was destined to be Kal El's mentor in helping him reach his destiny set forth by his parents. Apparently Kal El's parents were leaving his destiny part of his upbringing to his AI Jor El. Everything else as far as living and surviving on Earth had to be what Kara was sent for in caring for the baby/toddler.

So I can take that hint given to her by way of James Olsen from Superman as it was being her choice to follow him in that path as a superhero. Originally, she was not trained by any one from Krypton to join Kal El in his kind of destiny. She sure acts all thumbs on the matter by not having a cool demeanor that Superman seems to have in facing any threat.

So... yes.. it is realistic in how rage can come about when she is being overwhelmed, not just by the series of battles as Supergirl, but a sense of betrayal and abandonment by those whom supposedly had loved her and yet sent her as a caretaker but not as mentor in the destiny of Kal El, thus inferring indirectly she had no purpose outside of that.

In short, she just felt less as a person not only in the eyes of Earth but had been in the eyes of Krypton. The ultimate put down, and that's got to hurt deeply to generate all the rage it can muster, and since it was just an AI version of what was supposedly her mother, Alura, she felt free to cut loose on it. Otherwise, I don't think she would do that in a heat of an argument with the actual Alura.

Now for Kara fighting Astra; I can see why she did not want to listen to Astra, and really, it is Astra's fault for attacking her blindsided like that earlier. It was a more realistic approach since Kara is obviously believing the calling out by Astra was more of a trap than a "talk".

But I would think that after a fight like that where people could get hurt in that city, Kara would learn from that encounter to have any "supposed" talk out in Death Valley Arizona or someplace like that.

But of course, should Astra become free again and tries to arrange another "talk", Astra would insist on staying wherever their next meeting place is in National City because she really does not want to fight Kara at all now.

I would like to think Astra was just trying to exercise her seniority over Kara by putting her down the first time in that blindsided attack to force Kara to submit to Astra. Seeing that was not going to work, she is probably being more maternal now in trying to reach an already alienated Kara, which alienating Kara was not Astra's goal to do.

I believe Astra when she had said that she loves Kara and I suspect she is really Kara's mother, whom had to abandon Kara under the care of Alura since she was going to be a "General" in a rebellion to save Krypton. More than likely, her rationalization would be that by saving the planet, she would be saving her daughter, Kara. In any event, her visits while she is doing her dangerous campaign shows a weakness in Astra that being her mother demands her attendance.

I do not know how the show is going to give Kara that cool demeanor that Superman seems to have in facing any hostility, but I empathize with her that she is thinking she will never be accepted as a valued person with a destiny because she never was. She's feeling like she was something "used" as a stepping stone for someone else that has value and a worthy destiny, thus maybe getting a sense of how women were viewed on Krypton as well as a sense of herself. That's got to hurt, especially when she is probably going through things Superman never had to go through in starting out. If Kara ever went to the Fortress of Solitude, and if the AI Jor El could talk to her, he would probably point that out to her to give the notion that Superman would probably be overwhelmed just as well for what Kara is going through, but in spite of an easy start, that is to say if you go by the CW Smalllville's type coming out and not the Man of Steel ultimatum in coming out, Kal El had an AI Jor El to give him the support and encouragement to choose a destiny.

It may take a more personal touch by the Jor El AI as it must have been with Kal El to mentor her in choosing her destiny since the Alura AI was only dealing with practicality and not destinies.

Thank you very much for your civility.
    Thank you for your example. I am having trouble remembering to continue the practice in all my replies though. Oh well.

God bless you again! God bless everyone!
    May God bless you again! And may God bless everyone!
    Last edited by Jedidiah; 12-30-2015, 05:06 PM.

Comment

I recently star Supergirl and....and so far i loved this series, i don't understand all the bad reviews on the web.
      This was the best episode until now, lots of action and emotional moments, i loved when Cat founds out the Kara secret! Magical moment.
      And i'm always impressed by Melissa Benoist acting...the scene with the mother I.A...wow.
      I can't wait for the next episodes.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      🥰
      🤢
      😎
      😡
      👍
      👎