0 0%
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    The artist formerly known as "KryptonSite" KSiteTV's Avatar

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Sark Waters?"

What did you think?

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    "Sark Waters?"

New In Town
    That episode was awesome! I don't think Felicity is dead unfortunately, but i do think she will now be a paraplegic much like the character "Oracle" from Batman. I believe the show had intended on calling the episode "the secret origin of felicity smoak" "Oracle" so I think that will be the case. As for who is in the grave, im not so sure yet.
    Last edited by kevcwalina; 12-09-2015 at 06:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kevcwalina View Post
    That episode was awesome! I don't think Felicity is dead unfortunately, but i do think she will now be in a paraplegic much like the character "Oracle" from Batman. I believe the show had intended on calling the episode "the secret origin of felicity smoak" "Oracle" so I think that will be the case. As for who is in the grave, im not so sure yet.
    I agree with you completely, Felicity is now Oracle.

Hopeless Forum Addict Halberdier17's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    I agree with you completely, Felicity is now Oracle.
    Why not call her Overwatch it is different from Oracle and it references Marc Guggenheim's book about either the CIA or FBI's legal department.

Posting Pro
    No she's not Oracle. That character of Barbara Gordon is far better written, voiced, etc. then Felicity who has only lasted this long due to fan pandering. If they make her Oracle that would be a disgrace to the character who uses that code name in the comics.

I will be back around to post my review later on.

Forum Regular
    I'm sorry to say it because I used to love Arrow, but this show has become unwatchable if one isn't an Olicity shipper. Damian Darkh was about to murder Felicity, Thea (Oliver's sister) and Diggle (Oliver's best friend), but the latter 2 only amounted to extras in this whole situation. The episode was completely focussed on Felicity's fate and by extension, Olicity's. Damian Dhark went out of his way to arrange a final meeting between Olicity so that Oliver can say goodbye to his beloved before the offing, but neither Thea nor Diggle were given the same acknowledgement and then during and after the gassing scene, Oliver only had eyes for Felicity. If I was Thea, I would have kicked him right between his legs once I was safe because apparently, I mean so little to him.

The cliffhanger was lame also because Felicity will obviously survive and the big death will turn out to be someone else. Not like I expected anything different from these writers.

That being said, not everything about this episode was horrible. Laurel finally got a chance to save the day and her canary cry proved to be useful for once. I also liked Merlyn's "bondage" line about Laurel's costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Haggard01 View Post
    No she's not Oracle. That character of Barbara Gordon is far better written, voiced, etc. then Felicity who has only lasted this long due to fan pandering. If they make her Oracle that would be a disgrace to the character who uses that code name in the comics.

I will be back around to post my review later on.
    Yeah, Barbara is great in the comics, but this isn't the comics it's Arrow. Wether they call her Oracle or not doesn't really matter that's the role she is going to fill. Look for Felicity to be in a wheelchair for at least some of this season, followed by a miraculous recovery and a wedding next season. After they get married, then they will kill her off, not before.
    Last edited by Carmine-Infantino; 12-09-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Carmine-Infantino View Post
    Yeah, Barbara is great in the comics, but this isn't the comics it's Arrow. Wether they call her Oracle or not doesn't really matter that's the role she is going to fill. Look for Felicity to be in a wheelchair for at least some of this season, followed by a miraculous recovery and a wedding next season. After they get married, then they will kill her off, not before.
    I know this is not the comics. Actually since we are talking comics Felicity is filling the role of Naomi Singh who is GA's tech support in the comics.

That is a future for her I don't want to even imagine.

Posting Pro
    My initial reaction upon seeing this episode was shock. Despite my obvious dislike of the way they've taken Felicity's character and allowed the show to be overtaken by romantic BS and my view she is in the grave, I never expected her to actually be put into this much danger because of fan pandering. Unbelievably, this episode has actually managed to make me wonder if they're finally going to go back to story. Also, as soon as they did the proposal and she said yes, I felt this was like when Moira said, "I know" to Oliver and revealed she knew he was the Arrow. Donna Smoak is scheduled for the next episode, but from the sounds of it they don't expect her back yet afterward... this means one of two things: either Felicity will recover in the next episode, or she will die. If she were to go into a coma or something, there is no way in hell Donna would leave Star City. She would stay close to keep watch over her daughter.

Now, to the rest of the episode: this does a fantastic job of setting Arrow apart from The Flash once more, from the thematic aspect (Darhk's plan being slowly unveiled throughout the episode before revealing that crop of corn and the fact they are ready to move on to Stage Four, whatever this means, as well as the private war between Darhk and Oliver), to the way they handled something like Christmas. On "The Flash", where all of the people involved feel each other to be family, and in an episode dedicated to family in one way or another, they ignore the 'politically correct' stuff and keep saying 'Merry Christmas'. Even as someone who struggles with the idea of faith, I find the whole freak-out over 'Merry Christmas' to be stupid... especially since Christmas was originally a Pagan holiday that Christianity adopted to make their religion more palatable for Pagans. Ah, but I digress.... Arrow, with its center on politics this season, addresses the whole thing with Thea correcting Oliver with "Happy holidays".

In general, this episode finally felt like an Arrow episode again, and while I don't like that Dig and Thea got shuffled to the background, I understand it thematically, especially if this episode was meant to seem like, if not actually be, the Death Knell episode for Felicity Smoak.

Now, one thing I do take issue with: if the grave scene is in fact meant to take place next time, whoever came up with that whole scene and edited it needs to have their head examined, since there's no way you get 'six months' between October and Christmas.... *grumbles about half-wits handling the minute details*

I gave it a 10 for the excellent cliffhanger, mainly because I'm imagining Olicity fan freak-outs. Hehehehe....

Forum Regular
    Like was said before, the 6 months is in universe and not real time.

Quote Originally Posted by JDBentz View Post
    My initial reaction upon seeing this episode was shock. Despite my obvious dislike of the way they've taken Felicity's character and allowed the show to be overtaken by romantic BS and my view she is in the grave, I never expected her to actually be put into this much danger because of fan pandering. Unbelievably, this episode has actually managed to make me wonder if they're finally going to go back to story. Also, as soon as they did the proposal and she said yes, I felt this was like when Moira said, "I know" to Oliver and revealed she knew he was the Arrow. Donna Smoak is scheduled for the next episode, but from the sounds of it they don't expect her back yet afterward... this means one of two things: either Felicity will recover in the next episode, or she will die. If she were to go into a coma or something, there is no way in hell Donna would leave Star City. She would stay close to keep watch over her daughter.

Now, to the rest of the episode: this does a fantastic job of setting Arrow apart from The Flash once more, from the thematic aspect (Darhk's plan being slowly unveiled throughout the episode before revealing that crop of corn and the fact they are ready to move on to Stage Four, whatever this means, as well as the private war between Darhk and Oliver), to the way they handled something like Christmas. On "The Flash", where all of the people involved feel each other to be family, and in an episode dedicated to family in one way or another, they ignore the 'politically correct' stuff and keep saying 'Merry Christmas'. Even as someone who struggles with the idea of faith, I find the whole freak-out over 'Merry Christmas' to be stupid... especially since Christmas was originally a Pagan holiday that Christianity adopted to make their religion more palatable for Pagans. Ah, but I digress.... Arrow, with its center on politics this season, addresses the whole thing with Thea correcting Oliver with "Happy holidays".

In general, this episode finally felt like an Arrow episode again, and while I don't like that Dig and Thea got shuffled to the background, I understand it thematically, especially if this episode was meant to seem like, if not actually be, the Death Knell episode for Felicity Smoak.

Now, one thing I do take issue with: if the grave scene is in fact meant to take place next time, whoever came up with that whole scene and edited it needs to have their head examined, since there's no way you get 'six months' between October and Christmas.... *grumbles about half-wits handling the minute details*

I gave it a 10 for the excellent cliffhanger, mainly because I'm imagining Olicity fan freak-outs. Hehehehe....
    I don't want to give anything away on this thread, but if you go to the spoiler thread you might have a different opinion

Forum Regular
    Felicity is not dead When I looked online Emily is in all 23 epidoses of Arrow this season.
    Last edited by acer15; 12-09-2015 at 09:36 PM.

Posting Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by acer15 View Post
    Felicity is not dead When I looked online Emily is in all 23 epidoses of Arrow this season.
    Yes, because places like IMDB are ever-so-reliable. Anything that can be edited by someone with an account is suspect. And one can be signed on for a maximum number of episodes, but not appear in all of them. For example, KC is signed on for the maximum number of episodes every year, but there are definitely episodes she doesn't appear.

That said, I doubt they'll kill Felicity off this early. I'll be surprised if she does die in the mid-season premiere, since it would mean the showrunners are utilizing a guile I thought they did not possess.

The weakest midseason finale they've done. Unless you are an Olicity shipper, of course.

The good:
    - In one word, Laurel. She was badass, she saved the day and she proved how mature she's gotten when she overcame her father's revelation about Darhk. More of this Laurel, please.
    - Malcolm saving the day. Always great to see him kick butt.
    - Good episode for Quentin too, minus the Donna garbage.
    - Neal McDonough has so much fun with the role. His "Bad guy, remember?" line cracked me up. Interesting to see that Darhk has a family of his own. Wonder how that is going to figure into the season.

The bad:
    - Do they really expect us to fall for another cliffhanger like this? Especially after what happened last season? What irks me even more is that they are using footage from the graveyard flash forward to try to sell people on the fact that Felicity might die (look at the promo for the next episode). That graveyard scene is still 3 months away, so obviously Felicity doesn't die yet. I usually judge episodes on how they sign off and this one failed miserably.
    - Maybe someone should get Felicity a filter for Christmas? Between her nonstop drivel in the scene with Curtis and his husband and the way she stalked Oliver about why he hasn't proposed yet (WTF!), it's clear the character doesn't know where to draw the line. And all this comes after last week's debacle with Oliver's kid. The Hanuka bit was also over the top.
    - We got some very good acting in this episode. Emily in the gas chamber doesn't fall in that category. Good Lord...
    - The Olicity scenes might have worked for me if they were more subtle and organic. They were so contrived that Felicity talked Oliver into proposing and, like others pointed out, it was ridiculous how Oliver only cared about Felicity in the gas chamber scene.
    - And the point of the shark was?
    - Donna.
    - Just a nitpick, but Darhk should have already figured out who Oliver is. Obviously he's a very smart guy and this shouldn't be so hard to figure out.

6/10. Were it not for Laurel and Malcolm, this would have been a 4/10. A weak end to a weak first half of the season. And it doesn't look like improving.
    Last edited by costas22; 12-10-2015 at 07:30 AM.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast