Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Running To Stand Still?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Running To Stand Still?"

What did you think, everybody?
    10 - Merry Flashmas to all, and to all a good Flash!
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - The Trickster wins. This was bad.
    0%

Wasn't a flawless episode by any stretch, but it was was a lot of fun.

The good:
    - Once again, the heart of this show is one of its strongest aspects. We got some very touching and emotional scenes with Barry, Joe, Iris and Wells. All 4 actors did terrific in this episode.
    - Mark Hamill. He's such a pleasure to watch.
    - The Wally West storyline was handled fairly well. It will be interesting to see how Joe and Iris get along with him from now on.
    - After the way she was overlooked in the crossover, it was nice to see more of Candice Patton. In more ways than one.
    - Barry forgiving Wells was such a pivotal scene. Showed how far Barry has come as a hero.
    - We got some decent action scenes, like Barry chasing Mardon across the city.
    - The humor in this episode, especially from Tom Cavanagh. From his Godfather line to the way he knocked on that kid's door and asked for his presents.

The not so good:
    - As long as Patty isn't in the loop, her scenes will be accompanied by a sense of frustration. Case in point, last week she found out about Wells, she shot him and Joe told her to leave no questions asked. She just let it slide?
    - Wells working for Zoom was to be expected at some point. There was a reason Zoom was keeping Jesse alive. I just hope it doesn't last too long or that Wells comes clean with Barry soon. This storyline could be a source for more forced drama on the show.
    - Jay and Caitlin. They just don't do anything for me.
    - Not enough Cisco.
    - Captain Cold's appearance felt like a waste. Just a mere excuse to break him out as Legends of Tomorrow approaches.

8/10.

Comment

I will watch anything with Mark Hamill. It really made me want another batman animated movie.

I do not like how Zoom is portrayed now. He went from something really scary to something that feels a whole lot less threatening. He was going to kill Barry last time they fought, but not his plan the whole time was to fatten him up? I am confused.

It is going to get bad if Barry does not tell Patty he is the flash before she spills her sob story on him. I was really suprised he didnt tell her at the crime scene, which btw how did Barry get out of that trap? Did Patty and the Flash have a buddy buddy talk while she got him out of it?

Comment

Originally posted by Sozzeled

It is going to get bad if Barry does not tell Patty he is the flash before she spills her sob story on him. I was really suprised he didnt tell her at the crime scene, which btw how did Barry get out of that trap? Did Patty and the Flash have a buddy buddy talk while she got him out of it?
        If he told her then Mardon and Jessie would have found out as well. She was the one who put him in the trap so, she she would know how to get him out of it.

Comment

Great episode! Comic book story telling at its best. In terms of the more grounded elements, I couldn't help but notice how adult The Flash writers allowed everyone to be about the "unknown son." The whole thing stood in marked contrast to the Arrow equivalent, making Olicity and Samantha look like histrionic toddlers by comparison. They need to take a page out of Joe West's book over there. Joe even echoed Oliver when he said, "I need to sit with this for a while." Same network; same mandate; different deliveries. It's fascinating to watch.

Comment

I thought it was really good episode. Since they don't seem to like letting Barry be the hero that ultimately saves the day, I'm thinking Wally some how kills Zoom, which causes his powers to be transferred to Wally.

Comment

That would work.

Comment

Originally posted by Raissa
                Great episode! Comic book story telling at its best. In terms of the more grounded elements, I couldn't help but notice how adult The Flash writers allowed everyone to be about the "unknown son." The whole thing stood in marked contrast to the Arrow equivalent, making Olicity and Samantha look like histrionic toddlers by comparison. They need to take a page out of Joe West's book over there. Joe even echoed Oliver when he said, "I need to sit with this for a while." Same network; same mandate; different deliveries. It's fascinating to watch.
                Oooh, I didn't think about that comparison, but you're right! I was really happy with how well the reveal about Wally was handled. There were a lot of West family feels and I liked that Joe made it clear to Barry that having a biological son out there doesn't take away from him seeing Barry as a son. My only complain with the West family dynamics was that Joe was so focused on how rough the last year was for Barry but it seemed like Iris needed to remind him that she had it tough too.

The Rogues continue to be just a lot of fun and menacing. I'm so happy that they've been able to get Mark Hamill in for guest spots, because he is a joy to watch. And Len playing on no one's team but his own and sort of doing the right thing by telling Barry about the plan was interesting and a great set-up for him being a little more of a wild card/reluctant anti-hero in LoT.

The Barry-Patty dynamics were interesting, but it's hard to get too invested in them because I'm pretty sure she won't be around for much longer. I did like that they showed a little more of her backstory and who she is as a character and the scenes between the Flash and Patty were really great.

Overall, this was a great mid-season finale with a nice balance of comic book elements, action, and emotional subplots. I'm looking forward to more Wally in the back half of the season.

Comment

A good episode, for the most part; I think this was one of the more interesting battles between Flash and Weather Wizard; on the other hand, the Trickster is starting to wear thin on me. There's only so much of Mark Hammill doing his psychotic schtick that i can stand, apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by costas22
                    Wasn't a flawless episode by any stretch, but it was was a lot of fun.

The good:
                    - Once again, the heart of this show is one of its strongest aspects. We got some very touching and emotional scenes with Barry, Joe, Iris and Wells. All 4 actors did terrific in this episode.
                    - Mark Hamill. He's such a pleasure to watch.
                    - The Wally West storyline was handled fairly well. It will be interesting to see how Joe and Iris get along with him from now on.
                    - After the way she was overlooked in the crossover, it was nice to see more of Candice Patton. In more ways than one.
                    - Barry forgiving Wells was such a pivotal scene. Showed how far Barry has come as a hero.
                    - We got some decent action scenes, like Barry chasing Mardon across the city.
                    - The humor in this episode, especially from Tom Cavanagh. From his Godfather line to the way he knocked on that kid's door and asked for his presents.

The not so good:
                    - As long as Patty isn't in the loop, her scenes will be accompanied by a sense of frustration. Case in point, last week she found out about Wells, she shot him and Joe told her to leave no questions asked. She just let it slide?
                    - Wells working for Zoom was to be expected at some point. There was a reason Zoom was keeping Jesse alive. I just hope it doesn't last too long or that Wells comes clean with Barry soon. This storyline could be a source for more forced drama on the show.
                    - Jay and Caitlin. They just don't do anything for me.
                    - Not enough Cisco.
                    - Captain Cold's appearance felt like a waste. Just a mere excuse to break him out as Legends of Tomorrow approaches.

8/10.
                    My question is, where the hell is heat wave? i thought those two were joined at the hip, or something?

Comment

I thought the Trickster was a bit muted this episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Raissa
                        Arrow could take a page from The Flash on how to handle things more maturely without ramping up the melodrama too much.

This isn't to say Flash hasn't slipped up on this front too on occasion, it's a price for being part of the CW universe. The Jay - Caitlin shipping is one example of putting a square in a round peg re: shipping for the sake of doing it. The silliness in S1 around Barry sniffing around Iris long after she and Eddie were an "item" was love triangle b.s. for sure, but I think they've moved past it.

I would more than welcome a scene where Ollie's going on about his high school cafeteria 'ship angst, Joe rolling his eyes and going: "Bro, lemme break it down for you ...". A dose of common sense would be good for Arrow and Co.

The Barry-Patty situation is on a timer and the longer Barry keeps her in the dark, the greater the risk they could be caught up in secrets 'n lies nonsense. I'm reasonably optimistic this won't be the case, but it's something they need to be mindful about.

It would be nice if Zoom could be a villain who was bad for the sake of being bad, without having the loved-one-as-hostage scenario -- and I'm almost thinking they could exploit this to generate melodrama with Harry and Barry in the "Why don't you trust me / I'm lying to protect people" sense. Let's hope not.

It was a decent midseason finale for them and while Arrow had the fireworks, it was on Flash where we saw some significant character development for Barry, the Wests, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by President_Luthor
                          I would more than welcome a scene where Ollie's going on about his high school cafeteria 'ship angst, Joe rolling his eyes and going: "Bro, lemme break it down for you ...". A dose of common sense would be good for Arrow and Co...
                          Pretty please with lightning shaped gummy candy on top!

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          😀
                          🥰
                          🤢
                          😎
                          😡
                          👍
                          👎