Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Legends of Yesterday?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shelby Kent
    As tempting as it might be to me to watch this episode just to see the Olicity break up, the knowledge that such a beautiful moment then promptly gets erased would make watching this more akin to being offered a plate of delicious rich chocolate brownies with the caveat that ExLax and ipecac were prime ingredients.
    Watch it Shelby and turn off the show as soon as Barry tells Oliver about time travel. You'll have your brownies and even if they were laced with ExLax you won't notice.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
      Watch it Shelby and turn off the show as soon as Barry tells Oliver about time travel. You'll have your brownies and even if they were laced with ExLax you won't notice.
      Hmmm.... very tempting, but is it enough to overcome the toxic exposure to Oliver, Felicity & Olicity I will have to endure to get to that point in the episode? Having been living an Arrow-free lifestyle for several weeks now, it's hard to put myself through all that again (though unfortunately I had to put up with way too much OFO for the recent Tuesday "Flash" -- *cough* Arrow *cough* - episode). Of course I do enjoy fantasy so I guess there's no reason I couldn't just watch up till the point you mention, then turn it off, resume my Arrow-free diet** and live in my own little magical world where Olicity really did crash and burn forever and ever and ever...

**unless of course I hear of the glad tidings via Arrow forum that Felicity really does end up in the grave -- and I mean for sure and not just speculation. Then I'd tune back in.

Comment

Hmmm.... very tempting, but is it enough to overcome the toxic exposure to Oliver, Felicity & Olicity I will have to endure to get to that point in the episode? Having been living an Arrow-free lifestyle for several weeks now, it's hard to put myself through all that again (though unfortunately I had to put up with way too much OFO for the recent Tuesday "Flash" -- *cough* Arrow *cough* - episode). Of course I do enjoy fantasy so I guess there's no reason I couldn't just watch up till the point you mention, then turn it off, resume my Arrow-free diet** and live in my own little magical world where Olicity really did crash and burn forever and ever and ever...

**unless of course I hear of the glad tidings via Arrow forum that Felicity really does end up in the grave -- and I mean for sure and not just speculation. Then I'd tune back in.
        You're out after my own heart, aren't you? I just KNOW that you are.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleDevil
          You're out after my own heart, aren't you? I just KNOW that you are.

Comment

Stay strong Shelby, don't waver. I made a terrible mistake and watched some of this season's episodes, including that horrible crossover. My doctor is now recommending eye bleach. I thought I would have to watch Arrow as a primer for watching LOT, I was wrong. Where do I go to get my hours of television viewing back.

Comment

There was a lot to digest, not just here but in the Flash crossover. In a sentence: pass the TUMS please.

I'm setting aside the whole Ollie-secret son-Felicity Y & R-like soap subplot for the moment (no time for me wade into it). All I can say at this point is that the moment Ollie gained knowledge about his son, this was always going to be a hitting-the-fan moment for Olicity depending on how it all played out. And it sure did hit the fan!

It just seemed like the crammed all the exposition in Flash's part 1 and reserved part 2 to deal with the inevitable fallout of the Son of Oliver and Kendra rising to her destiny. Part 2 seemed less bloated, though the alleged Flash/Arrow crossover dealt with mainly Ollie, Barry, Cisco and Kendra. Everyone else from Arrow and Flash basically showed up for homeroom attendance and then gave them a wide berth. Felicity was there to essentially give Ollie a foil against which the melodrama could spin out.

I did not expect that anything Darkh-related would show up here, with the focus still on Kendra. We could quibble about their picking Ollie's son as the Arrow subplot they were going to run with here, but I think the moment the revelation was made to Ollie at CC Jitters (apparently the only coffee shop in CC), this issue could not be sidestepped.

LOT booster eps and these crossovers tend to be too many pots on the oven. Busy and frantic. I was actually surprised that the Ollie's son subplot took the degree of attention that it did. Even then, all this wasn't my biggest beef.

It was the time traveling as a fix when characters paint themselves into a dramatic corner. I like time travel subplots in general -- but not when they're used to wipe the slate clean so that characters can skip out on the blowback of bad decisions and actions. It's similar to how amnesia was used and abused as a cheap device on SV throughout its run to prevent characters from dealing with consequences or to allow Clark to avoid the fallout of revealing his abilities.

And secrets and lies? Really? Time travel gave Ollie the chance to make wiser decisions, which he did when he went with Plan 2.0 vs. Vandal. Did he think there was a one-use quota on wise decisions? He had the chance to do something different re: how to deal with starting a relationship with his son and all the ramifications involved. Time travel bought him time to reconsider -- and he chose to do the same damn thing. Maybe Barry stopped visited Clark in Smallville and relayed the usual nonsense about keeping secrets "to protect" people.

The misuse of the time traveling was my biggest issue and the secrets and lies stuff irks me. At least Ollie admitted he wasn't as mature as Barry, though this is a poor justification for his actions.

So Kendra's good to go for LOT, so is Savage ... and Ollie takes a page from SV's 'How To' book on generating melodrama to the Nth degree. They've got the job done on these fronts.

LOT buzz, hype, teases, easter eggs ... blah, blah, blah, blah, blah. It's all white noise to me at this point. The new show will still have to prove its worth to me as a viewer. It was an average LOT/crossover/Arrow episode at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine-Infantino
                Stay strong Shelby, don't waver. I made a terrible mistake and watched some of this season's episodes, including that horrible crossover.
                Yeah, I hear ya' --- I can just imagine all the Felicity scenes I'd have to put up with to get to that one moment in time and I just don't think I can stomach watching her, especially if she's acting as some posters have described in the thread. Blech....

My doctor is now recommending eye bleach.
                After which you'll probably need to use an autoclave. As it certainly wouldn't be realistic to take out your eyeballs and put them in the autoclave (I mean, how ridiculous would that be? talk about suspension of disbelief ), then it's likely you'll just have to insert your whole head into the machine. Possible serious side effects would include blindness and death (in the latter case of course you'd be sorely missed here I'm sure...). But you'll just have to weigh the pros and cons and do whatever it takes to relieve your suffering. I mean after all it does sound like you had a major overdose there. Best of luck to you with all that, buddy...

Where do I go to get my hours of television viewing back.
                I thought you guys said Barry reset the timeline. So shouldn't that wipe out all that wasted time for you, like a reset? Or if not, then mightn't this at least mean there is a you out there somewhere who got the time back?

Comment

Loved everything in the episode except the Olicity melodrama. I mainly just want to vent my frustration toward Oliver himself, he's become pretty unlikable. What a prick, after all that's happened, he NEVER learns that keeping secrets from the ones closest to him is the dumbest thing to do. It just turned me off the episode altogether the second that all went down.

And this is all coming from someone who once upon a time (early season 2) wanted Olicity, but now I hate the damn thing. Though I also don't want to see the alternative either...

Comment

For those of you hating on Oliver for keeping the son secret fro Felicity. He DID promise Samantha that he wouldn't tell any body. It was her condition for him to see his son.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmicbimbo
                      For those of you hating on Oliver for keeping the son secret fro Felicity. He DID promise Samantha that he wouldn't tell any body. It was her condition for him to see his son.
                      Given the choice of lying to the woman who lied to him, and kept his son a secret, or lying to the woman he says he loves, he chose the wrong one to lie to. He should just tell Felicity the truth, hire a lawyer and not lie to either of them.

Comment

Given the choice of lying to the woman who lied to him, and kept his son a secret, or lying to the woman he says he loves, he chose the wrong one to lie to. He should just tell Felicity the truth, hire a lawyer and not lie to either of them.
                        We don't even know the first time or really the second because we have yet to see this story progress fully to see if Oliver is going to eventually tell Felicity. Besides for all those that are saying Oliver has made bad choices well maybe after season 3 he knows Felicity is probably not going to take this well and from the original time line she doesn't.

Besides Oliver still keeps his secrets of those five years (debatable of whether or not he forget the skills he learned there) and it's always a part of his character. Doesn't make him a bad guy it makes him human. Besides the guy just found he was a father and instead of probably doing the more responsible thing considering his Green Arrow life of staying away he is trying to have a relationship with his son. If anything get on him for that or the writers due to their need of creating more drama and removing us of one of the greatest break up scenes of all time since it ended the drama filled Olicty.

I'm more of like scratching my head over why you would need to get involved in this kid's life anyway. Man this show has turned into a such a soap opera piece of garbage.

Comment

*heavy sarcasm* This would require the Arrow writers to actually abandon their teen melodrama BS and write adult characters acting like adults.... can't have that! Sacrilege!

Comment

And the end of the day, the person who pays the price for all the secret-keeping ultimately is his son.

We can fault Moira for initially engineering the mom's exile, the mom for choosing to keep Ollie in the dark about his son and placing those visitation conditions on him, Ollie for not going the full disclosure route with Felicity. Because of the timeline jumping, we already know in one sense how Felicity might interpret news about Ollie's son.

In the timeline 1 "Olicity break-up" scenario, they were both right. And both wrong. It's a very grey area.

He doesn't trust her enough to reveal an uncomfortable truth that she should be aware of, if they're meant to be together. But, I also agree with Ollie's stance that the shocking news that he had a son -- and the realization that maybe he wants to play a role in the kid's life somehow -- means he has a right to take a moment on his own to digest life-changing news this big, without immediately polling Felicity and/or an increasingly large roster about what to do about a personal part of his life.

Though once he processed it (admittedly during the worst possible time with Savage around), Felicity did have the right to know at some point, sooner rather than later ... if they truly are soulmates. Not a fan of how she uncovered the truth in timeline 1 -- this was the most irksome thing to me. Barry was in the right to keep Ollie's confidence re: test details (he could have easily stashed it half a city away in a split-second!) ... but it's a truth she was entitled to know, from Ollie directly.

I can't see how this wouldn't be a deal-breaker, should Ollie engage in SV-like secrets and lies for too long.

They've played it out like it's a catch-22 for Ollie and possibly making the mom out to be the "baddie" in being unfair with the tell-no-one conditions. I don't think it's fair that the mom may be cast in this light. While no one should get a pass on perpetuating the secrets 'n lies, the mom in my books is the least culpable.

I can't exactly blame her for wanting to protect her son from the world Ollie inhabits. She didn't cash Moira's check, so she doesn't "owe" the Queen family anything. Everyone including Felicity is a third-party in whatever arrangement the mom has with the father. And while her own choice to still keep Ollie in the dark about his son wasn't the best move -- he has a right to want some involvement in his life -- I can't fault her motivation. It's her son's interests she's thinking of, Ollie's had no part in her son's life so far and she just wants a stable life for him.

In the Arrow and comics world, families are automatic targets for anyone with an axe to grind against GA, so Ollie does needs to consider, now, the impact of his vigilante life on his son.

Everyone else on the team made their choice and accepted the risks. It's the son that had no choice in getting entangled in any GA-related fallout, now that Ollie is in his life.

In a perfect scenario, Ollie would have time to consider what it means to enter his son's life, the mom wouldn't expect him to abide by conditions that are unrealistic for someone in a long-term relationship ... and Felicity wouldn't assume Ollie's hesitation in telling her the truth means automatically that he doesn't trust her.

The Olicity break-up did not happen, including their spat, with the timeline change ... so we can only guess how timeline 2's Felicity will react when Ollie eventually tells her or she finds out herself. We don't know that Felicity will react the exact same way -- as likely as it seems at the moment.

It's all "What If" with the timeline change. Felicity knows as much as Cisco at this point re: Ollie's son. Which is squat.

(It also sucks that timeline 2 Barry will be a liar-by-proxy, whatever happens now that this Ollie has chosen not to tell Felicity, if you agree that concealing a truth from someone who likely should know it is the same as lying.)

In this current timeline, Olicity is in an ignorance-is-bliss holding pattern re: the truth about Ollie's son and it's a situation that cannot go on forever. The longer it remains like this, the worse it will be.

If it's to be salvaged, it's Ollie that needs to reveal it to Felicity at some point. If Felicity finds out first, I can't see how this bodes well -- esp. if the current Felicity interprets it like her timeline 1 self: as "proof" that Ollie can't trust her.

Comment

Well said President_Luthor.

Maybe they really are going for it being non salvageable and going to actually end Olicty. Because in Smallville terms I see Oliver/Felicity as Clark/Lana and Oliver/Laurel as Clark/Lois. Which ok fine Oliver/Laurel is toxic due to their past but let's face it Olicty is far more toxic due to a lot of things.

Comment

So tonight's the first time I've seen Laurel use her canary cry, and i gotta say, i was underwhelmed. No special effects that I could see, she just opened her mouth. I'm not even sure why she was in this episode at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎