Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Legends of Yesterday?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Loved it? Hated it? What did you think of Legends of Yesterday?

What did you think?
    10 - Legendary
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    0%
    1 - Glad Yesterday is Over Cause Tomorrow Will Be Much Better.
    0%

Great I liked the moment between Oliver and his son playing with Flash and Captain Cold action figures.

Comment

The Felicity melodrama dragged this down. It even caused everyone's death in another timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by gmster
        The Felicity melodrama dragged this down. It even caused everyone's death in another timeline.
        Haha. True.

The episode - as a Flarrow crossover - was ok, until the moment of the Olicity breakup, where it jumped up to a 13 (on a scale of 10). And then, of course, the oh-so-predictable time travel erases it all to nothing more than a secret at the end - which dropped the [strictly Arrow bits of the] episode down to a 1 (at best).

Comment

I think it is looking more and more likely that Felicity is the one in the grave.

Comment

I was disappointed with The Flash portion of the crossover last night, but I expected Arrow to be bad, and it was. My hopes for Legends being a good show were just stabbed to death with a Nth metal dagger.

Comment

My review here will be short, mainly because if I actually said what I wanted to, I'd be banned for incredibly foul language.

This episode got a 6, and that's me being generous for some good moments and Malcolm being suspicious and evil again. I've missed the Dark Archer.

The good points:

- The blowout between Oliver and Felicity
              - Oliver's discussion with Samantha
              - Oliver meeting William
              - Barry being the voice of experience for Oliver this time around
              - Malcolm being more like his sinister self twice in the episode (when he promises to come after Oliver if Thea dies and then him collecting Vandal Savage's ashes.

The bad:
              - ANOTHER BAD GUY WHO DOES WHAT HE DOES BECAUSE OF "THE LOVE OF A WOMAN"!?!?
              - Oh, let's not have Oliver and Felicity confront their issues but erase it from the timeline and then have Felicity just drop it this time, as if the only reason she'd confront Ollie is if she had the paternity test.
              - Love triangle in the past and present.
              - FATED LOVERS SPIEL

Let's see.... so far that's episode 3, episode 6, and episode 8 of this season that is a waste of time....

Comment

Originally posted by cosmicbimbo
                I think it is looking more and more likely that Felicity is the one in the grave.
                Don't get my hopes up like that.

Comment

I was really hoping that would be Darhk collecting Savage's ashes.

Comment

Sigh. I was hoping this would be an improvement on Tuesday's episode. It was actually worse!

The good:
                    - Oliver and Barry's scenes. They didn't click too well on Tuesday, but I loved their scenes in this episode. Stephen and Grant have developed a pretty solid chemistry.
                    - His material was awful at times, but Stephen Amell delivered one of his best performances in this episode. Especially in the scenes with Samantha and William.
                    - The return (?) of devious Malcolm.
                    - Cisco, who became kind of an unsung hero in this crossover event.
                    - Laurel showing up. Unlike Iris on the Flash, at least she was given something to do this week.

The bad:
                    - So the show is openly mocking itself for ripping off Age of Ultron?
                    - Once again, too many cooks in the kitchen. Sitting through an exposition scene with 6+ people is a headache.
                    - Savage went from good to bad in 24 hours. We already have A LOT of romantic drama on this show. Why make Savage's motives part of that too?
                    - The Olicity drama. Are they trying to make Felicity unlikeable? Because despite of Samantha's unfair request and Oliver's decision to keep it a secret, it was Felicity's overreacting that made her look the worst out of the three: Going behind Oliver's back to find out what he's hiding, pressing Barry to tell her what he knows, not even giving a startled Oliver time to realize what he found out... And what worries me even more is that this is far from over. Oliver lies about his son the second time around and now we have to wait for the bomb to go off. And with [SPOILER] a marriage proposal looming[/SPOILER]. UGH.
                    - Time travel on Arrow. I get it's a crossover and all, but save that stuff for a Flash episode.
                    - In both episodes of this crossover Team Arrow appears in full strength, but Team Flash is only represented by Barry and Cicso (and Caitlin for a very brief while).
                    - Kendra's response in Greek wasn't in sync with what Carter asked, but I'll give her a pass because it's just coming back to her.
                    - Another retcon nitpick on my part. The flashback scenes with Samantha and Moira took place the year Oliver left on the Gambit. We know as such because in "Seeing Red" they were dated as 7 years earlier. So Samantha got pregnant 8 years ago, not 10.

5/10. No more crossing over please. It's done more harm than good.
                    Last edited by costas22; 12-03-2015, 02:23 AM.

Comment

I probably would've given this episode a 10 after Felicity's blow out with Oliver, not for the acting or the way over the top melodrama but for the end of Olicity. Then they go and retcon it in the show with Barry going back in time and changing everything. What I did find to be a HUGE joke was Felicity's argument about how Oliver doesn't trust her, who was it prying around looking for answers that the partner could've given? Oliver could have involved Felicity but they'd both be looking for answers because Oliver didn't have any answers to give Felicity while Felicity's running around trying to find out what Oliver's hiding before Oliver was sure of what it was he was hiding? What if he was setting up wedding arrangements as a surprise for her? Would she have said "Oh honey, what a nice surprise. I'm sorry I didn't trust you." and forget about it?

I'm going to tip my hat for them remembering Betamax and not going with the more popular VHS, once again though Felicity had to shine in making it viewable. It was the only thing she really was useful for this episode since everything else she did revolved around her uncovering Oliver's secret.

Sadly another complete waste of my time.

Comment

I've watched this episode and well that's basically how I'm going to start this off.

The Good

Seeing Oliver and Barry interact.

Also Malcolm Merlyn coming back and that end well he's back to being his Dark Archer self. It's been awhile since I've seen the evil side of Malcolm.

I like Carter Hall.

No comparisons between Carter and Sherria Hall with Olicty.

The Bad

Felicity Smoak and well this episode shows how selfish she really is and the reason why Olicty should be broken up. Oliver doesn't trust her and for good reason to.

How exactly did she even see Barry put that in his pocket? He moves at a speed faster than the eye can see so no way should she have seen it other than Mary Sue plus plot force.

I was so happy when they broke up then they did a time travel reverse to fix all of it which I saw coming anyway due to Barry having seen a ghost of himself.

Vandal Savage just got the Slade Wilson treatment of being such a good business like character who then does what he does because of a woman.

So I would have to rate this episode at like a 5 because I'll probably never watch it again. (I'm being kind because I've seen worse)

Comment

I really disliked Oliver's baby drama. It is pure soap opera. As a father Oliver has rights and he could demand partial custody without any conditions placed by the child's mother. Leave this type of "drama" to the daytime shows!

Comment

As tempting as it might be to me to watch this episode just to see the Olicity break up, the knowledge that such a beautiful moment then promptly gets erased would make watching this more akin to being offered a plate of delicious rich chocolate brownies with the caveat that ExLax and ipecac were prime ingredients.

Comment

Originally posted by Starlight Dancer
                              I really disliked Oliver's baby drama. It is pure soap opera. As a father Oliver has rights and he could demand partial custody without any conditions placed by the child's mother. Leave this type of "drama" to the daytime shows!
                              It may not be as easy as you think for Oliver to legally see his child but you're right, the way it was done here was for Arrow the soap opera. Obviously the showrunners are inept at bringing this part of Oliver's life into to show maturely and instead opted for the high melodrama so they can milk Olicity for all it's worth.

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎