Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loved It? Hated It? What did you think of "Legends of Today?"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you saw your possible son, wouldn't you sprint over and be like wtf?

Comment

It was actually Cisco that expressed not knowing who Malcolm was; I believe Barry's expression was not that of non-recognition (given how well he was able to remember Vandal's features to draw a perfect likeness), but him being taken aback by what Malcolm was wearing and his Batman-esque entrance...

Comment

^ This is exactly why Barry reacted the way he did. He found the League's theatrical, over-dramatic entry something bizarre. Arrow's crew is familiar with LOA guys dropping down on them like bats or seagulls, capes and hoods flapping away -- but not Barry. "Who are these Comicon masquerade dudes?", would be what he's thinking.

Comment

And yes, "Is that the only way this guy knows how to enter a room?" is the best quote of the episode... at least to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Xum Yukinori
            And yes, "Is that the only way this guy knows how to enter a room?" is the best quote of the episode... at least to me.
            My favorite was when Barry commented about saving Oliver from Damien Darhk.

"I just saved you from whatever the hell Flock of Seagulls was going to do to you"

Comment

My issue with the nature of the team ups is two fold. (a) In this episode, the only members of Team Flash that join up with Team Arrow are Barry and Cisco (with Caitlin and Wells reduced to a mini plot of their own), despite the fact that this was a Flash episode. (b) The tables aren't completely reversed in tonight's episode. Because instead of a couple of Team Arrow members (Oliver and Felicity, for example) joining up with Team Flash, we get to see Oliver, Felicity, Diggle, Thea AND Laurel all make the trip to Central City. And I am not sure if Caitlin and Wells will appear or be of any use tonight, either.

If there was ever an image that symbolized how crammed these episodes are, it's Cisco and Felicity fighting over who will use the computer.

Comment

It's a LOT prequel episode that happens to occur on Flash. Flash had a bit of taste before with the launch of Firestorm 2.0's origin, which was vaguely a Flash episode. This one is a different beast altogether, a Flash ep in name only. As a both a crossover episode and a LOT prequel preview episode, Flash-specific subplots weren't going to factor much in this crossover and the fact that it involves all things mystical means that Barry's explanation that his crew is out of its league will explain STARLabs no-show (so far) in this fight, as science will mean little in battling against magic.

Flash fans would be understandably irked that Caitlin, Harry etc. are stuck in the green room, awaiting the end of this crossover/let's-give-LOT-a-boost episode. Sadly, this isn't new to Arrow fans -- this has been happening to much of Arrow's S4 first half! In terms of Arrow content, this episode actually moves a subplot forward re: Ollie's baby momma and secret son. Should have occurred in an Arrow episode, but the mother did move to CC so I guess it was an opportunity to make the reveal here and maintain that continuity.

The crossover was just an inflated, busy and frenzied beast -- full of content spiralling out of two existing shows and a future one. Not all of it aligned and it was truly a lot to digest in an hour. I suspect we'll need Tums as well after today's Arrow crossover.

Last night's was only part 1, so I'm hoping part 2 will achieve the job this crossover was meant to do: to give Hawkman, Hawkgirl and Savage a half-decent sendoff into their own show in '16. I'm resigned to the fact it won't really be an Arrow episode either as a result -- but Arrow fans are already familiar with this situation with LOT still on the radar.

With any luck, Flash and Arrow fans will still get some crumbs from the LOT feast in part 2.

Comment

Have we passed the point where the lack of secret identities should be a point of contention? I don't know, but it still bothers me. Okay, so Cisco makes a blunder by saying Barry's name, and the next step is to take Kendra to S.T.A.R. Labs and reveal the entire operation and everyone involved? It's not like Kendra knew who Barry was. Then, they hop over to Star City, and that whole crew unmasks? Ridiculous.

It's already peculiar how Green Arrow and Damien Darhk have faced off twice, but now we have a pointless encounter at the beginning of this episode that spits on that plot just so Flash can zip through in the middle of the action. It's about time Oliver tries to figure out how to beat Darhk without rushing into battle with no plan, and I thought it was odd that they completely moved on from Darhk after that rescue. I'm also waiting for the Arrow crew to be rechristened "Ghostbusters."

Wells being shot was a pointless subplot. They completely sucked all the drama out of the scene where Jay used the serum by pacing it so quickly.

The overall plot was okay, I guess. I'm not sure why calling the Arrow crew for help was such a knee-jerk reaction to seeing him throw some knives. I guess it's because they were in a crossover episode. Vandal Savage could be a cool villain. His existence certainly changes the game, like Barry said. In a couple of years, we've gone from a world where supersoldiers were fantastic to one that sees time travel, magic, immortality, and reincarnation at play. The idea that Vandal is always the one to kill the Hawks is interesting. I wonder why.

I found it odd to introduce Oliver's son in a Flash episode, but I expect a scene later where he and Joe bond over having secret sons.

"Did I know we knew the Flash? We know the Flash. I didn't know we knew the Flash." Cute, Thea.

"More bruises from her than Deathstroke." I feel like this might be funny in some other context, but I have trouble buying lines like this from this Oliver. It also doesn't make Felicity look good, made worse by the fact that I already don't like her.

"Is that the only way this guy knows how to enter a room?" Yes, Barry had the best line.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmicbimbo
                    In her defense, Moira did pay her off. And, at this point, she probably didn't know how to tell him anymore.
                    I like that she always manages to be in Jitters whenever Oliver is in town.

Comment

[QUOTE=Halberdier17;8144495]My favorite was when Barry commented about saving Oliver from Damien Darhk.

"I just saved you from whatever the hell Flock of Seagulls was going to do to you"[/QUOTE
                      I don't normally watch arrow, but i will say that what little i saw of damian darhk, i liked. Rematch with the flash, please. That being said, Jay is starting to work my last nerve with all of his issues. he's rapidly becoming my least favorite character here. And I know this show is the Flash, but we sure got from point A, to B, to C in record time. One encounter with the guy and Barry can "Sense" he's mystical? How, exactly?
                      Last edited by protege; 12-03-2015, 09:43 PM.

Comment

I loved it!!! Cartoonish as all hell, but hey, that's what superhero shows are all about!!!

A crackerjack, fast-paced episode with a few chuckles, and a pile of "hell yeah!!!' superhero moments. What more could you want??!! No boring long romantic scenes, just pure, unadulterated action!!!
                        Last edited by skully; 08-11-2016, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        😀
                        🥰
                        🤢
                        😎
                        😡
                        👍
                        👎